Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #196
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
How many people were you checking the ADR's for? I went online and looked at every day for the month of May for two and did not get a single day that there were no seatings available. Every day, including the holiday weekend were free. I also entered ADR's for four people randomly on at least a dozen dates as well including the holiday weekend and still was able to get an ADR. I personally think the once overhyped buzz of this place has been replaced with buzz kill having to dish out 2TS for that "to die for" steak.

P.S. Not saying you didn't experience booked dates... I just didn't find them with my settings and the hour I went online...
I was checking the first weekend for 2 people. After checking many times, I was able to get one for 5:30 pm on our departure day. I must have been checking the wrong time of day, because it was showing no availability every time I checked before finding the one I booked.

Whether or not the restaurant is booked solid, they are bringing in more revenue than before. LC is the most logical place in WS to get a meat & potatoes type meal. Many people go on vacation willing to splurge for what they want. They don't always plan far in advance & obsess over menus like we do. If they want a steak, LC will be their first stop in WS. By reading the DIS, you would think practically everyone books a dining plan & tries to get the most bang for their buck. IME, this community isn't a true representation of the general public. There would be many people who were thrilled with a last minute ADR or a walk-up. LC would have to be half full on a regular basis for them to lose money on the change. Does anyone really see that happening? If ADRs are any indication, there aren't that many tables available as it is. I don't have a crystal ball & can't say they will never change it back to 1 TS credit. Disney restaurants don't make a habit of lowering prices. They could never charge the prices they're asking for those paying OOP & return to 1 TS credit on DDP. The odds aren't good that they'll change back anytime soon. We must remember that HBD has always been 2 TS for lunch (at least, as far back as I can remember), & it was never as popular as LC.

I agree about the hype. It's funny how so many who declared LC a must do are now cancelling ADRs or saying they won't eat there again. As some of us suspected, it appears to be more about getting the most out of DDP than eating at LC. If it was absolutely a must do & many people's favorite restaurant, they would cut back somewhere else to pay for it. I'm hoping the restaurant will improve now that it's not such a great DDP value.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #197
Lexxiefern
We were blown away
It will be nice to compare the 3

Well since the burger is gone (which was my fave) I just cancelled my reservation for February. Really bummed. Hope they bring the burger back to lunch.
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #198
Brook1099
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiefern View Post
Well since the burger is gone (which was my fave) I just cancelled my reservation for February. Really bummed. Hope they bring the burger back to lunch.
Me too!!
Brook1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #199
DianeV
DIS Veteran

Well we dont do the dining plan and that wasnt why we went to LeCellier. We went because we could go there and do lunch OOP for a reasonable price. Not anymore so we wont be going there. Its not worth it to us
DianeV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #200
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiefern View Post
This and this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeV View Post
Well we dont do the dining plan and that wasnt why we went to LeCellier. We went because we could go there and do lunch OOP for a reasonable price. Not anymore so we wont be going there. Its not worth it to us
We always went and paid OOP. DH & I would both get a bowl of the soup and then usually split the house burger. Now that the soup is $9 a bowl and there is no burger I can't see spending $35-40 (two bowls of soup and two kids meals) for a lunch when all DH & I are getting is a bowl of soup each. If they bring the burger back we might adding it back on our "to do" list but for now we'll find someplace else in Epcot.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #201
mjlass11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGMom View Post
This and this...

We always went and paid OOP. DH & I would both get a bowl of the soup and then usually split the house burger. Now that the soup is $9 a bowl and there is no burger I can't see spending $35-40 (two bowls of soup and two kids meals) for a lunch when all DH & I are getting is a bowl of soup each. If they bring the burger back we might adding it back on our "to do" list but for now we'll find someplace else in Epcot.

Same situation here. I'm keeping our reservation in May for the time being in hopes that they have a "back by popular demand"......but it will be canceled if they don't. I emailed a complaint about the menu change and received the standard reply that it had been forwarded......doubt it will do any good though....
mjlass11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #202
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

As sad as it is, you have to wonder if they removed the burger for a reason. It appears many people went for soup & a burger or just the burger. The restaurant was always full. They may be trying to fill the tables with people who will order more expensive entrees. I'm not saying I agree with that. We most likely would order appetizers, sides, & desserts for lunch too. We don't want a heavy meal at lunch. You can't help but wonder if there was a method to the madness though.
(")_(")

Last edited by tarheelmjfan; 02-03-2013 at 01:26 AM.
tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #203
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

They're a pretty smart company don't you think? They don't make these decisions without a lot of studying and thought going into it. They have their reasons I am sure...
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:53 AM   #204
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie56 View Post
They're a pretty smart company don't you think? They don't make these decisions without a lot of studying and thought going into it. They have their reasons I am sure...
"Pretty smart" companies make marketing & business mistakes all the time: New Coke, Ford Edsel, Netflix, Sony & Betamax, Mercedes Benz buying Chrysler just to name a few. I'm not saying Disney is making a mistake on any of the mentioned levels or that they are even making a mistake, but even with Disney being a smart company and putting a lot of thought into their decisions can, have, and will make mistakes. I personally think that it was a mistake going signature with LeCellier and not doing anything at all with the decor or little to nothing with the menu... Just my 2 cents.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #205
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Quote:
Originally Posted by joxer1014 View Post
If it is two credits for lunch then count me out completley. After they changed to "signature" status and charged two credits for dinner, I crossed them of my list for dinner, now if lunch is two credits I will never eat there again.
Same here. I love LeCellier. But there are lots of other restaurants on property that don't count as 2 credits.

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #206
minnie56
Whatever it is, he said it is prone to these pits
We iced it last night
And Fanny's your Aunt"

I see your point, I do.
Myself, I think they are intending to attract less demand.
minnie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #207
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

I think that the objective of any business is to make more money. That's not a complaint or an insult, but my understanding of basic economics.

Le Cellier is always in high demand. As a result, they can make it a signature restaurant, pull in more money, and still keep all their tables full. If their intent is to make money, then why on earth wouldn't they make it a signature restaurant?

From my own standpoint, it's a shame, since we've always loved our meals there. But it simply means that someone who is willing to pay more than we are will have an easier time getting an ADR, and that we'll be nudged into trying someplace else.

I just realized my ticker is wrong!! We leave July 29th!!
numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club We're going to the Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #208
TeresaWen
Mouseketeer

Question for those of you who are worried about "eating too much at lunch" and therefore now miss the burger. I believe the 8 oz filet is lighter, less calories, and healthier that the 8oz burger - especially if you eat the bun as well. An 8oz filet usually has less than 500 calories. I am guessing their burger had well over 1,000. Am I wrong? If you usually eat a salad for lunch I can see the filet feeling like too much food but if you usually have a 8 or 10 oz burger with a bun then a filet would seem like a lighter meal right?

Last edited by TeresaWen; 02-03-2013 at 10:17 AM.
TeresaWen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #209
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaWen
Question for those of you who are worried about "eating too much at lunch" and therefore now miss the burger. I believe the 8 oz filet is lighter, less calories, and healthier that the 8oz burger - especially if you eat the bun as well. An 8oz filet usually has less than 500 calories. I am guessing their burger had well over 1,000. Am I wrong? If you usually eat a salad for lunch I can see the filet feeling like too much food but if you usually have a 8 or 10 oz burger with a bun then a filet would seem like a lighter meal right?
I think many have said they split the burger and share an app. Others don't feel like paying the difference between the burger and filet...

I'm sure there are many more reasons too.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #210
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaWen View Post
An 8 oz filet is not going to reach into my pocketbook and pay for it!! It all comes down to cost. The burger was split table, making it a lot less calories. And having a small cup of cheese soup with that, was affordable for lunch. THAT'S what we're talking about, not calories.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: