Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #2296
Tiggerish
DIS Veteran

10 days at the Beach Club! Maybe...

We currently have a reservation booked at the Beach Club Garden View for 10 nights June 14-24. But we are hoping to get the Yacht Club Standard or Garden View We are waiting for a possible deal so we can switch because the color scheme appeals to my party more!

Either way we are bringing bathing suits and making good use of SAB and Cape May.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #2297
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Your welcome 1971! My responses to your responses will now be in PURPLE!

Thanks Ninja Mom - my replies and further questions in GREEN.

Quote:
Dear 1971, Thanks for asking your questions and being patient enough for the person that might have the answer to come along and reply! I will answer your questions to the best of my ability in RED.

Originally Posted by 1971DBday
FAQ in the front, conversations afterwards.

I like to get tips from people I get to know even if that brings it a little ....oh yeah.....

Background Info: DD6 is a good swimmer and last week during swim lessons did the whole length of the pool without a floatie. However, even with continuous swim lessons we as always need to keep a good eye on her. I am still bringing her floatie because we are not permitting her in deep water without the floatie and a close eye OR her without a floatie and DH or I with her.

1. Does anyone else have some good spots by SB where I can keep an eye on DD6, but it's not that noisy? The sandy space is to "little kid" for her.

I'd recommend the spot right in front of the back of Hurricane Hannah's, which is where they sell the pool toys, rent rafts and rent lockers. This is right at that area where they play volleyball. On the map you will see a large pool area behind Hurricane Hannah's. The other front side of HH's is the seating area and walkway by the lake.

While at the hotel pool, you will see an area with an overhead line covered with pool noodles. There is alot of seating, the water is elementary school age friendly as far as the depths are concerned and I'm pretty darn sure they have life vests somewhere at the pool that she can use. This area is also perfect for her because it's where they traditionally play the pool games in the afternoon and that attracts a lot of kids her age to that area, so hopefully she can find a friend to play with.

Thanks Ninja Mom - I will try.

2. I know she will love the pool slide, but how noisy is it over by this section?

I'm not sure about the little pirate slide area but the area where the big slide dumps out is not too noisy because the kids using the slide are too busy high tailing it out of that area to get back to the slide line.

Unfortunately, my DD6 likes to keep up with her DSis16 and DBro13 so she will be going down the big pool slide. (She's been going down the Poly slide since she was 2 - my little adventurer.) I am wondering how the area is surrounding where the big pool slide ends, anyone?

To me, that area was nice and leafy, not too crowded or large of an area and, depending on the time of day, it had seating in the sun, or in the back, in the shade (a little shade). I think you and her will be fine in that area. The sight lines to the water are good and although it is right near an entrance to the pool (it's hidden around a leafy corner so you can't see it) it's not one of the main entrances like the ones near the hotel. It's not noisy at all in that area but I will say when they start the games in the afternoon the speakers are going to be heard in many areas of Storm Along Bay.

The Yacht Club and the Beach Club also have quiet pools. That means there is what ever noise the guests make. There is no music piped in or organized games conducted by the hotel.

At times, I've seen (other) people make out these hotel pools to be a hive of noise and raucous activity. The nice thing about staying at a deluxe hotel is that there are lots of areas where you can go to relax and get off the beaten paths. The YC/BC has 4 pool areas that guests can use, all with different levels of activity and noise, depending on the location and activity schedule. People, if they are patient and reasonable, are bound to find something to their liking at this wonderful resort.

3. For anyone who has gone in June, how crowded will the pool be (scale 1 - 10; 10 being insane)?

Have not gone in June so I can't help you there!

I'll keep trying, but basically the worst case scenario would work as well when the hotel is at or almost at capacity. How busy has anyone seen it?

I seem to remember from reading this thread that the crazy times are the 4 weeks in July and the first two in August. I think you could say that about all the resorts in the Orlando area so it's not really a BC/YC thing. It's a more like that's when EVERYBODY is on vacation and things are maxed out.

4. With the chance of My Disney Experience being in place by our June trip has anyone heard if the bracelet will work for admission into SB or will we have to wear two bracelets?

We have not heard yet about how the bracelets will effect Storm Along Bay. Many of us are asking this question but no information is forthcoming as of yet. Stay tuned for further details.

Thanks . I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything that I might have missed.

~NM
Thanks again NM! I'm driving my family nuts trying to investigate a good place to hang out by SAB. I don't mind vacation noise, as long as it's not obnoxious. To much quiet gives me time to think of work and other things back home. My brain will just not shut up!

Quote:
I will reply in Orange

This is the area where they play the games so that's why people are hanging out there. Just by looking at this picture my "Spidey Sense" is telling me that a large game of Marco Polo has just broken up due to all of the 'fish out of water" on the pool deck

Also, in the back of the picture is the area where the giant pool slide ends. That far umbrella in the center is where the lifeguard who watches the slide area is stationed.

~NINJA MOM
Thank! I'm just nervous about DD6 (will be 7 on trip). I know she wants her freedom, but I need to keep my eagle eye. We are used to the Poly where I had an excellent view of the full pool because of its size. We are truly excited for trying SAB for the first time, but nervous at its size as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logpey View Post
Countdown begins T-minus two weeks & 2 days! Beach Club, I hope I LOVE you! So many peeps here do, so I know we will too!!!!!#woot
HI!!!! Nice to see another PolyPeep over at the BC. Have a wonderful trip! I'm looking forward to seeing your TR; always so informational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
1971DBday, that looks like HEAVEN right now....!
Not my pictures...but thanks anyway!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #2298
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Considering upgrading to a Lagoon/Pool view.....

We currently have a GV, but I really don't want some back of the woods view. With airline prices being so high I am back and forth on whether this would be worth it. I also don't want to spend the money and then someone says, "well you can see the corner of the pool over there"....and that's my view.

A view has never been a major priority, but being close to the lobby is. According to the link (even though older and possibly not 100% accurate)
http://web.archive.org/web/201107090...t/bcresort.htm there looks like there will be a better chance of getting a room close to the lobby if we upgrade.

If I stay with the GV, it looks like a lot of the rooms will either look over a courtyard on the lagoon side or if on the other side it might be facing EP, if so would we be able to see illuminations?

I guess I'm one of those people that if I could pay a fee (like you do with airlines to pick your seats) I would SOOOOOO pay a fee to WDW to pick out my room ahead of time. We had trips in the past where I was not happy with our room location (the years of the huge Moderate hotels) and it was a pain to relocate the rooms (we used to go at Thanksgiving time). Anyway, now it has turned into one of those pre-trip gitters!
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #2299
Dis703
DIS Veteran

So I called and changed my reservations last night and instead of a split stay with POR and BC we will be doing the entire 7 night stay at the BC now! I was hesitant because of money but our tax return is pretty awesome this year so we are splurging some more. Thanks to those who answered my questions about club level. We booked Standard at this point and I may just wait until we are there and if they have something better I may consider upgrading but for now we just plan to go deluxe resort the whole time and maybe do a few more character meals for the kids since we have a little extra money.

We will be there May 17 to 24th! Almost to our 100 day countdown and so excited!!!!

Thanks to all the awesome peeps on this thread for answering so many questions and posting pics!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #2300
sab53085
Mouseketeer

We are staying at the YC from May 29-June 6. I didn't think it would be worth an extra $500 to upgrade to a garden view but reading this thread is making me second guess my decision. Should I just wait until we get there and get assigned to a room and see if the view is horrible?
1992 - Offsite ~ 1997 - Travelodge DTD ~ 1998 - Travelodge DTD ~ 2000 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2001 - Marriott Orlando World Center ~ 2002 - Hilton DTD ~ 2009 - Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa ~ 2012 - POR Royal Room & WDW Dolphin ~ May 2013: POR Royal Room & Yacht Club ~ October 2013: Kidani Village & Coronado Springs ~ May 2014: Jambo House & Yacht Club ~ October 2014: POFQ, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Kidani Village
Old 02-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #2301
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab53085 View Post
We are staying at the YC from May 29-June 6. I didn't think it would be worth an extra $500 to upgrade to a garden view but reading this thread is making me second guess my decision. Should I just wait until we get there and get assigned to a room and see if the view is horrible?
Personally, I think that's the right thing to do. I do like a full balcony (which you will get at YC) because I sit out every morning with my book, coffee, camera and phone (not necessarily in that order), but I don't really care what I am looking at. I have always booked standard view- once we were upgraded to either a garden or water view (pictures earlier in thread) and the other time we had a standard view which I didn't find horrible.

IF you are going to check out the room and potential switch if the view is horrid, do not use anything in the room (don't unpack, or turn on the tv or use the bathroom), before heading back to the front desk to kindly ask to be changed to another room, if available.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #2302
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

I read somewhere that if you are staying CL, which I am, you can get a stroller from them. Is this true? I was going to rent a stroller which would be no big deal, but if I don't have to that would be even better.

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #2303
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Were is everyone today I'm starting to get worried lol. I have never heard about getting a stroller if staying CL. You have peeked my curiosity

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #2304
mom_of_2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820
Were is everyone today I'm starting to get worried lol. I have never heard about getting a stroller if staying CL. You have peeked my curiosity
I was just going to call IPO but figured i would ask my new friends for their expert knowledge first!

Me, DH, DS (6), DD (4)
June 2011 OKWJuly 2012 Hilton Head Island Resort August 2013 BC CL November 2014 WL
Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #2305
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
were is everyone today i'm starting to get worried lol. I have never heard about getting a stroller if staying cl. You have peeked my curiosity
???

Old 02-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #2306
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing!!!! Almost 9 hours without a single post? I thought it was me! Lol

Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #2307
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

I'm here in my lurking mode..

Old 02-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #2308
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

My husband asked me how come I haven't been reading any thing lately. I told him I have the dis,he looked at me strange and walked away.

I been lost today. Is everyone on another thread we don't know about

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 02-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #2309
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I'm here in my lurking mode..
me too!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 02-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #2310
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Yes, today was a bit different, going from 5-8 pages a day to 9 hours without a post!

I'm sure things will pick up tomorrow or Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of_2 View Post
I read somewhere that if you are staying CL, which I am, you can get a stroller from them. Is this true? I was going to rent a stroller which would be no big deal, but if I don't have to that would be even better.
I don't know about the stroller. I haven't heard that before. You could ask on the CL thread to see if anyone there has any experience with borrowing a stroller. Let us know the answer if you do get an answer over there or if you contact IPO.

Last edited by natebenma; 02-02-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: