Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
momtoleasawav
Mouseketeer

now I am really worried, 2/16 is the date I am doing this also! I had visions of my husband dropping us off at the prot at 9 am, but if he can't do that I think I will just get to budget at 8:30 and wait.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #17
ptcrn
Mouseketeer

We did this about 2 weeks ago on the Fantasy. i dropped my DH and the kids off at the terminal, drove to Budget to drop off the car and waited less than 10 minutes for the return shuttle. I'm sure I was back to the terminal in less than 45 min all together. Worked perfect!

And they allowed my DH to check all of us in, he took all the documents except for my photo ID. All I had to do once I got into the terminal was show my ID and have my picture taken for the KTTW.

It was not as seamless on the other end however... we waited more than an hour just to get on the shuttle to Budget and waited another hour at the office to get a car. This was partially due to circumstances out of anyone's control however. The ship was about 2.5 hrs late getting in to port due to a death on Castaway Cay the night prior. Because of this the Fantasy was no longer the first ship in, luggage and debarkation were delayed, etc. In hindsight, one of us should have just hopped in a taxi as soon as we exited the terminal and that would have made things a lot faster.

ptcrn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #18
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcrn
We did this about 2 weeks ago on the Fantasy. i dropped my DH and the kids off at the terminal, drove to Budget to drop off the car and waited less than 10 minutes for the return shuttle. I'm sure I was back to the terminal in less than 45 min all together. Worked perfect!

And they allowed my DH to check all of us in, he took all the documents except for my photo ID. All I had to do once I got into the terminal was show my ID and have my picture taken for the KTTW.

It was not as seamless on the other end however... we waited more than an hour just to get on the shuttle to Budget and waited another hour at the office to get a car. This was partially due to circumstances out of anyone's control however. The ship was about 2.5 hrs late getting in to port due to a death on Castaway Cay the night prior. Because of this the Fantasy was no longer the first ship in, luggage and debarkation were delayed, etc. In hindsight, one of us should have just hopped in a taxi as soon as we exited the terminal and that would have made things a lot faster.
About what time did you drop off DH and the kids at PC and head to Budget with the car.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #19
ptcrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshark1958 View Post
About what time did you drop off DH and the kids at PC and head to Budget with the car.
I think it was between 12:45 and 1 pm. We got a late start due to an unexpected ear infection & had to wait at the pharmacy. So there may have been more of a wait at the 11 am port arrival time.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #20
LeslieG
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what the cost is for a taxi from Budget to the port and vice versa? We had a very bad experience last time with the Budget shuttle both ways, and I will call a taxi this time if necessary. Just trying to get an idea of cost.

The one taxi service I have a number for is the one that says pay what you want, but I'd like to get an idea what is a fair amount.
LeslieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #21
LeslieG
DIS Veteran

Also, I got the impression from talking to the Budget office that they can't take passengers to the port until they are cleared to do so, appx. 11:00.

So for those wanting to arrive early, the shuttle may not be a good option if that's accurate information. I know one poster mentioned getting on a shuttle early after the shuttle brought arriving passengers back to Budget. I'm wondering if they no longer allow this.
LeslieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
Ayeegit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcrn View Post
This was partially due to circumstances out of anyone's control however. The ship was about 2.5 hrs late getting in to port due to a death on Castaway Cay the night prior.
Yikes - hadn't heard about that - was it a passenger or an employee?
Ayeegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #23
kshark1958
Mouseketeer

I called Cape Canaveral Budget office to try and get a definite answer. They may be getting a lot of calls about this because the first recorded message you hear after their recorded greeting is that they provide continuous shuttle to and from PC. You then have the option to press #6 for shuttle service which just repeats the message. I tried to press #4 for customer service but got a recording that said all of our agents were busy and I was being transferred to their nationwide customer service. I did not bother to hold on since their nationwide customer service would probably not give any different answer. My plan is leave WDW SSR about 9:00 am get to PC about 10:15, drop off wife with luggage then drive to Budget and drop off car. If I have to wait awhile for a shuttle so be it if I get on one quick then all the better. Being by myself no luggage I may be able to get on one quicker.I'm told you can't get in the terminal till 11 and I think my check in is not till 11:30.So either way if I have to wait it will either be at Budget or the terminal. About the taxi. I remember reading on another thread about a guy who grabbed a taxi at Budget and the guy charged him 10 dollars for a ride back to PC, it's only 2 miles. Not sure if that is the going price or something the guy negotiated before he got in the cab.

1998 WDW Fort Widerness
2008 WDW All Star Music Resort
2009 WDW Animal Kingdom Villas
2009 Vero Beach
2011 WDW Bay Lake Tower
2013 WDW Saratoga Springs Resort
2013 DCL Fantasy First Cruise Ever
2014 WDW BCV
kshark1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #24
3Goofy's
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." ~Remy

We took a taxi from Budget to the port and I think the charge was under $15. Took about 5 min and well worth it, in my opinion. There were quite a few people waiting for the shuttle.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #25
mike0035
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have a name and # for a taxi that they have used, or are there taxis dropping people off, at Budget, that you can just get into and go to the port?
mike0035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #26
ptcrn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayeegit

Yikes - hadn't heard about that - was it a passenger or an employee?
A passenger, a gentleman in his 50's I believe. He had a heart attack while snorkeling. Very sad.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: