DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #31
icydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
My understanding of the current situation is that if you did add on 25 points direct you would be eligible to reserve a DCL member cruise on cash but not points because you could only use the 25 points retail toward the cruise. I haven't been on a member cruise so I couldn't speak to the specifics that are different than a normal cruise.
I've been on two member cruises and liked them both. Everyone on the member cruise is so psyched its contagious. The member cruises have by far the fewest kids on board leaving the counsellors more available for your kids. The clubs are full of people having fun and the median age of the adults is older. Plus getting gifts every night is sure fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
Oh that's good to know. So a non member can take part in all the talks they have with guests and such? I wouldn't have thought so. I will have to keep that in the back of my head. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That's a funny way to put it but in essence you're correct. A non member has access to the member cruise as a guest of a member and the actual dues paying member, who bought resale post 2011, has not. Even with a fistful of cash a non developer member has to watch the cruise pull away from the pier carrying the cool kids out to sea... Is this not a Disney version of Mean Girls?
icydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #32
Dean
DIS Veteran

I guess we should start a buddy system so those that want to go can pair up with others who are going.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #33
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by icydog View Post
?...

That's a funny way to put it but in essence you're correct. A non member has access to the member cruise as a guest of a member and the actual dues paying member, who bought resale post 2011, has not. Even with a fistful of cash a non developer member has to watch the cruise pull away from the pier carrying the cool kids out to sea... Is this not a Disney version of Mean Girls?
I wonder if it has been done?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: