Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #181
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,420

The Cars Land Christmas decorations look SO cute! They really went all out with the themeing in that part of the park, even for the holidays. Adorable! Really a bummer though that the ride was not up and running yet. I really hope y'all had a chance to ride it!

I loved our breakfast at that bakery in Paradise Pier! The sourdough bread is so delicious, and even better when stuffed with scrambled eggs.

ToT is waaaaay better in WDW! The themeing is still great at DCA, but you can't beat the random drop sequences WDW offers.
__________________
Me DH DS (4)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #182
czmom
DIS Veteran
 
czmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 758

Just now catching up since you made it back from WDW! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the New Fantasyland and Be Our Guest. We just left there in December....and your trip report is getting me pumped about DL this year! But I must say, you had some dreary weather! Major bummer.
__________________
czmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #183
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Fantasyland Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning
Posts: 1,589

What's the "story" of California Screamin? Like, what are you talking about when you say NPH does spiels?

I love that at Disney you can eat a quick breakfast and have views like that! You can pretty much always find a spot that has something beautiful to look out while you nom.

Do they do the whole Twilight Zone movie at DL, or does it go straight to the ride? I really think that whole bit when your elevator moves is really one of the best parts of the WDW version. Funny you said that Matt thought it was shorter, because as soon as I saw that first picture I thought, "Gosh, that looks short!"

Characters used to roam at WDW back in the day. So cool just to see them strolling around! My kids would have probably fainted if Stitch just wandered around in front of them

I don't like the movie Cars (okay, I've never even been able to make it past the first ten minutes due to boredom), but I have to say that the area looks really cool. That's the one Disney/Pixar movie my kids don't know or seem to care to know. Those trees are just full of detail!

Love the Marie VM!
__________________
Jennifer and Brandon, 2 Princesses and a PrinceSept. '09 (Pop), April/May '10 (Pop/CBR), Sept. '11 (Pop), Sept. '12 (CBR/Poly!), Sept. '13 (ASMo), Sept. '14 (POR/Beach Club)
TRIP VIDEO 2013! & TRIP VIDEO 2013-Mobile Friendly Version NEW VIDEOS!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Fantasyland Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #184
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita
 
beachphotog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: State of Sunshine
Posts: 497

I just (well, last night and this evening) read through and got caught up on your Disneyland TR. I'm a fan. Of your trip, your reporting, and of course, DL! In my trip to Hawaii this year (going as a nanny, otherwise it probably wouldn't be happening ) I keep trying to figure out how to get to DL on either the way to or the way home. Now I really want to! I know I've heard that its not like going to WDW and how you can make that such a long trip, but man, do I wanna go.
I will definitely be using your TR to experience it, though!!

I can't believe how wet you guys got on SM, I would totally have PTSD from that, too!! Thank goodness your camera was safe! As I was reading it, that's all I could think of!!

Are you joking me with the Haunted Mansion?! Seriously, that thing is soooooo amazing! And IASW, too!!! I wish they would at least decorate some of the rides for the holidays, but I guess the local/vacationer thing makes a lot of sense.

It's such a bummer that your trip was so rainy but it looks like you guys really made the best of it, I love it!!
__________________
Susie


Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
beachphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #185
DharmaLou
Once a Princess, Always a Princess
 
DharmaLou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,394

Catching up after a week off - your matching Oswald & Mickey are so cute! We were there the week before you and I swear I never saw those. So adorable!! And I love your Marie Vinylmation. DH is starting to get the itch to collect Vinylmations (we have half a dozen) so I can foresee a Marie in our future.
__________________
DharmaLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #186
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,817

Oh my goodness, I'm totally doing this whenever I go to DLR! Thank you for mentioning all the FP stuff because I probably never would have known! Well, if I was going I probably would do research and find out but whatever. Hahaha. So... yay!

I love your California Screamin pic! Too funny.

Aww yeah, I remember you tweeting me that pic now! AHHHHH that show!!! Season 2 is SO GREAT. It's so different from Season 1! I hope yall will really like it whenever you get to watch it!

I feel like the ToT experience as a whole would be better at DHS because of the anticipation! Scarier, but also better. Does that make sense? Like I remember the first time I rode it I was just like okay... seriously... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO DROP? Hahah.

Woah, that brownie looks epic.
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #187
izzie-wizzie
DIS Veteran
 
izzie-wizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 4206 miles from WDW... or Scotland
Posts: 820

Just came across this trip report and loving it!! How could I not with such an amazing Kermit flail/waving arms picture to kick things off!?!!

Me and my fiance are going to DLR in April for the first time and can't wait! Definately getting lots of tips from your trippie!

Can't wait to read more - think I'll go and read some of your previous trip reports too!!
__________________







Walt Disney World - September 2011 (Engagement Trip). October 2009 (21st Birthday Trip).
Disneyland Report Paris - 1995, Santa Fe / 2007, Explorers Hotel / 2010, Cheyenne / 2012, Newport Bay Hotel
Disneyland Resort California - April 2013
izzie-wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #188
kimbo0569
DIS Veteran
 
kimbo0569's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 550

Aww, thank you, I'm glad that you enjoyed my mini TR of Boston/NYC, haha. That was definitely a fun little adventure for me!! Glad you're also enjoying my DL TR!! That is so exciting that you're planning for Disney World in the fall!! And even more awesome that you'll get to go back to Disneyland! I just love both parks so much!! I'll also be writing a TR for my most recent WDW trip, so hopefully I will see you over there as well!

Absolutely, I love reading your TR's, reminds me of my dh and I and how we get along, add to that our two daughters. I'm so looking forward to planning both trips, honestly. The trip in the fall, my mom will be joining us, hopefully. Was looking at going to Disney world to see the Christmas decorations but between Thanksgiving, my oldest daughter's birthday and then Christmas, I think it will be too hectic. So we're planning to hit down there during the F&W Festival. Just have to decide on dates now and where to stay.
__________________



CBR - 1992/1993/1995/1997
1999 - GF - honeymoon
2000 -daytrip Epcot- F&W Festival 2001 POFQ 2003 -oldest dd's first day trip to MK/ dinner at OHana
2004 POR
2008 POR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1996562My first TR!
2013 CSR/Food & Wine Anniversary trip
kimbo0569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 AM   #189
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats
 
Aussiesalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 529

I'm so impressed that you got those 3 sets of fastpasses!! I didn't know CS wasn't attached!

I love that first photo! Whats your instagram? (if you dont mind giving it out)

The lady in blue waiting looks like she is super happy and loving life!

Matt really does have fantastic ride faces!! He should be proud!

The cars christmas decorations are fantastic! I seriously can't wait to check it out!!

That is so funny that all the characters were just strolling around, out on their morning walks. Gotta love that chilled California lifestyle!

YUM that brownie looks beyond amazing!!!
Aussiesalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #190
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Those trees are SO COOL!!! I love them! Ok, I haven't been to DL since I was 13 and you are totally making me want to go back. It's like a totally different place...I guess that means I'm old b/c it's been SO long that they have changed everything.
I know, right?! I thought they were really awesome, even though I'm not a fan of Cars.

You should totally go back! It really is pretty impressive and I'm sure you'd be pretty blown away by it since it's been a long time!

Also, YOU ARE GOING ON YOUR WDW TRIP SO SOON! YAY!


Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
The Cars Land Christmas decorations look SO cute! They really went all out with the themeing in that part of the park, even for the holidays. Adorable! Really a bummer though that the ride was not up and running yet. I really hope y'all had a chance to ride it!

I loved our breakfast at that bakery in Paradise Pier! The sourdough bread is so delicious, and even better when stuffed with scrambled eggs.

ToT is waaaaay better in WDW! The themeing is still great at DCA, but you can't beat the random drop sequences WDW offers.
They were adorable, and I was honestly impressed with the amount of decorations in California Adventure. I was expecting not a whole lot, but they really went all out, especially in Carsland and it's a bug's life. We'll see about whether or not we ride. DUN DUN DUN!

Yeah that breakfast was very tasty! I would definitely go back there for a bite to eat, especially with the outdoor seating!

I have to agree. That was the one ride where I was like, WDW is genuinely better. But interestingly, I got a random series of drops in Disneyland, which it sounds like is a new thing maybe? Did you get one straight drop before?


Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Just now catching up since you made it back from WDW! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the New Fantasyland and Be Our Guest. We just left there in December....and your trip report is getting me pumped about DL this year! But I must say, you had some dreary weather! Major bummer.
Aww yay! Glad you're catching up! I am BEYOND EXCITED to talk about New Fantasyland and Be Our Guest, ahhh. I'm trying my best to get through this TR at a good pace, but also not too quickly either! I need to buy some time since I'm still editing photos from Disney World. The weather was a bummer, hoping next trip isn't so dreary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
What's the "story" of California Screamin? Like, what are you talking about when you say NPH does spiels?

I love that at Disney you can eat a quick breakfast and have views like that! You can pretty much always find a spot that has something beautiful to look out while you nom.

Do they do the whole Twilight Zone movie at DL, or does it go straight to the ride? I really think that whole bit when your elevator moves is really one of the best parts of the WDW version. Funny you said that Matt thought it was shorter, because as soon as I saw that first picture I thought, "Gosh, that looks short!"

Characters used to roam at WDW back in the day. So cool just to see them strolling around! My kids would have probably fainted if Stitch just wandered around in front of them

I don't like the movie Cars (okay, I've never even been able to make it past the first ten minutes due to boredom), but I have to say that the area looks really cool. That's the one Disney/Pixar movie my kids don't know or seem to care to know. Those trees are just full of detail!

Love the Marie VM!
Haha so, it's kind of a lame story, which is Matt's biggest issue with the ride... but he's supposed to be a Carnival barker, which does fit in with the theming of Paradise Pier. Outside of that, it's basically just "boardwalk-themed", so the music kind of has a boardwalk-y theme to it. What I do like about it is how it's coordinated with the ride itself, so that's neat.

So true about breakfast! I would definitely go back and eat there again.

So they do the Twilight Zone movie, which funny enough, is definitely the SAME one at Disney World, with Disney World's version of the ride, haha. But, you don't have the whole going through the Twilight Zone room right before you go into the elevator shaft where it drops you... which really is a bummer! This one it's like, you watch the video in the study room, walk a bit and load onto the elevator, then get lifted and do your drop sequence, then it's over. WDW's version is really better, there's just no argument really.

Haha yeah, it was really neat to see all of the characters just roaming around! Very very different than WDW, since it seems like characters are less popular in Disneyland.

Ugh yeah, not a fan of Cars over here... but that area was seriously impressive. Like, I had to give them props. Any Cars fan would have their mind blown.

Haha Marie was in my collection... then I traded her off in Disney World! Mwahaha.


Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I just (well, last night and this evening) read through and got caught up on your Disneyland TR. I'm a fan. Of your trip, your reporting, and of course, DL! In my trip to Hawaii this year (going as a nanny, otherwise it probably wouldn't be happening ) I keep trying to figure out how to get to DL on either the way to or the way home. Now I really want to! I know I've heard that its not like going to WDW and how you can make that such a long trip, but man, do I wanna go.
I will definitely be using your TR to experience it, though!!

I can't believe how wet you guys got on SM, I would totally have PTSD from that, too!! Thank goodness your camera was safe! As I was reading it, that's all I could think of!!

Are you joking me with the Haunted Mansion?! Seriously, that thing is soooooo amazing! And IASW, too!!! I wish they would at least decorate some of the rides for the holidays, but I guess the local/vacationer thing makes a lot of sense.

It's such a bummer that your trip was so rainy but it looks like you guys really made the best of it, I love it!!
Glad you are all caught up! I think it would be awesome if you were able to swing a little stop at Disneyland! It's fabulous and well-worth a stop! Plus it's nice because you can get a lot done in a short period of time there!

Haha, I'm glad you understand my PTSD with that ride! It was bad. I will only ever go again if I have a spare set of clothes and it's pretty hot out. Otherwise, no thanks. Splash in Disney World, on the other hand... I CAN'T WAIT TO GO ON IT AGAIN!

Yeah, they really do an amazing job with those 2 especially in Disneyland. It makes me happy and I would love to go back and see it all again. Hoping we make another trip in November to Disneyland! One last hurrah before our APs expire at the end of the month.

We still had a blast, even with the rain. However next trip, I'm hoping it's a little less rain and a little more SUN!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #191
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 1,621

Yay, you're back! Looking forward to reading the rest!
__________________
Jan 2013 Bucketlist trip, Jan 2009 Engagement trip
Nov 2007 Our first trip togeather, Dec 2005 Family trip
Nov 2004 School Trip, Nov 2003 School Trip
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 PM   #192
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaLou View Post
Catching up after a week off - your matching Oswald & Mickey are so cute! We were there the week before you and I swear I never saw those. So adorable!! And I love your Marie Vinylmation. DH is starting to get the itch to collect Vinylmations (we have half a dozen) so I can foresee a Marie in our future.
Yay for catching up! I'm trying to really crank out these updates so I can get started on my WDW TR, ahh. It's all a bit crazy but hopefully I can handle it, haha. TRs can be a LOT of work, but I love love writing them! Those Oswald guys were ONLY at Oswald's in California Adventure! I didn't see them anywhere else!

Oh my gosh, just wait, that collection is going to GROOOOW. I'm up to 183, not counting traders!


Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my goodness, I'm totally doing this whenever I go to DLR! Thank you for mentioning all the FP stuff because I probably never would have known! Well, if I was going I probably would do research and find out but whatever. Hahaha. So... yay!

I love your California Screamin pic! Too funny.

Aww yeah, I remember you tweeting me that pic now! AHHHHH that show!!! Season 2 is SO GREAT. It's so different from Season 1! I hope yall will really like it whenever you get to watch it!

I feel like the ToT experience as a whole would be better at DHS because of the anticipation! Scarier, but also better. Does that make sense? Like I remember the first time I rode it I was just like okay... seriously... WHEN ARE WE GOING TO DROP? Hahah.

Woah, that brownie looks epic.
Oh man, it's kind of crazy how the FP system is all disconnected there, you can rack up lots of FPs! I actually learned about the CA Screamin' being disconnected from this awesome app Ridemax that we used here and there. Very informative!

Haha I thought the photo was kind of funny. Matt just never looks happy in them, hahaha.

I can't wait to watch it! We'll probably do blu-ray again since I pretty much LOVE watching shows one after another on DVD! That and we're actually considering just canceling our cable altogether this summer. We spend far too much money on it every month and can just watch TV through Amazon Prime or Netflix or Hulu... That and with all the money we save, we could easily afford a good chunk of a Disney vacation if we canceled it!

No it makes TOTAL sense. Honestly, ToT is just tucked away in the back of DHS and walking towards it is super intimidating, no joke! In California Adventure it's a bit more open so I'd say it's less scary.. Then again, I only rode it once and during the morning, soooo yeah, haha. The anticipation is what kills me on ToT, once we start dropping it's like, okay, this is scary but the anticipation of finally dropping just freaks me out, but in a fun way!

That brownie was super good!


Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie-wizzie View Post
Just came across this trip report and loving it!! How could I not with such an amazing Kermit flail/waving arms picture to kick things off!?!!

Me and my fiance are going to DLR in April for the first time and can't wait! Definately getting lots of tips from your trippie!

Can't wait to read more - think I'll go and read some of your previous trip reports too!!
Aww yay. You are the first person to comment on that awesome Kermit .gif!! Haha, I LOVE it because that flail always cracks me up and I love Kermit, YAAAAYYYYYY! as he goes off screen.

You will love DLR!! Glad my TR is helping with some tips! I felt like I learned a lot on our trip and next time will be even MORE prepared!

Glad you are here! I'm planning on starting my Disney World TR that I just came home from a week ago after this one is done. The fun is neverending!


Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo0569 View Post
Absolutely, I love reading your TR's, reminds me of my dh and I and how we get along, add to that our two daughters. I'm so looking forward to planning both trips, honestly. The trip in the fall, my mom will be joining us, hopefully. Was looking at going to Disney world to see the Christmas decorations but between Thanksgiving, my oldest daughter's birthday and then Christmas, I think it will be too hectic. So we're planning to hit down there during the F&W Festival. Just have to decide on dates now and where to stay.
Haha aww, I love hearing when other people are like Matt and I! It makes me happy since we're so silly sometimes, haha.

That will be awesome to go during F&W!! It looks like such a blast to go! Planning is half the fun for Disney trips.. especially when figuring out where to stay!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
I'm so impressed that you got those 3 sets of fastpasses!! I didn't know CS wasn't attached!

I love that first photo! Whats your instagram? (if you dont mind giving it out)

The lady in blue waiting looks like she is super happy and loving life!

Matt really does have fantastic ride faces!! He should be proud!

The cars christmas decorations are fantastic! I seriously can't wait to check it out!!

That is so funny that all the characters were just strolling around, out on their morning walks. Gotta love that chilled California lifestyle!

YUM that brownie looks beyond amazing!!!
Yeah, I was impressed, too! I learned it on the Ridemax app, funny enough. But Matt also pointed out while reading this update that we could've collected a 4TH set of FPs that morning, because the Radiator Springs Racers FPs for some reason said we could?! I didn't notice that until he pointed it out! I have no idea what else we'd have pulled FPs for though, haha.

Oh I don't mind at all! It's dmags! I'm pretty sure I've put it on here quite a few times, haha. I'm also snoogibear on twitter, not sure if you're on there, but yeah! I would love to follow you back!

Hahaha I love observing the random people in my photos, it cracks me up some of the faces/outfits you can capture!

I think Matt appreciates it, he does make some amazing faces in ride photos, hahaha.

Carsland is super impressive, whether or not you like Cars, it's impressive.

Yeah, it's so different vs. WDW! I was just like, oh hey there everyone just walking past me. It was such an odd mix of characters, too!

The brownie was delicious. And very festive, too!
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #193
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,622

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Yay, you're back! Looking forward to reading the rest!
I sure am!! Looking forward to sharing even more! Should have a new update up here shortly.
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 PM   #194
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,622

Chapter Twenty: Exploring Sleeping Beauty Castle & a Christmas card photo!
Day 3: December 1st, 2012


We headed out of California Adventure and right on over to Disneyland for a bit, because we both wanted to finally check out the inside of the castle!

I really couldn’t get enough of the beautiful Christmas decorations on the outside of the castle.





We made our way inside to check out the tale of Sleeping Beauty and oh my goodness, this was AMAZING. There are these little windows/dioramas you look in as you go and it was just done so beautifully.



As you moved through, there were also books on display, walking you through the story…



Basically, get ready for a ton of photos of this. I couldn’t stop myself from taking a ton because of how neat it was… and there were also animated parts of it, too!







The green fire at the bottom moved…



Maleficent was an angry dragon!





But don’t worry guys, it all ended happily…





When you go to Disneyland, this truly is a must-do. Make sure you take the time out to walk through the castle and explore everything. This is something I will probably take the time out to do most trips to Disneyland just because of how beautiful it is.

I wish Cinderella Castle did something like this. I know Cinderella’s Royal Table is there but this walk-through is really awesome.

After we finished there, we decided to make our way over to Storybook Land Canal.

Can I just stop for a second and mention how much I love the colors of all of the flowers that Disney puts out? They’re always perfect and beautiful!



Crowds were definitely starting to pick up, so we waited a little bit to go on Storybook Land Canal.



Before we knew it, we were sailin’ away, right on into Monstro’s mouth!



This is a pretty cute little cruise and they do a good job with all of the miniature versions of the different landscapes from all of the different Disney movies, etc.



Hey look, it’s Beast’s castle!!



Oh but wait, this castle really is tiny, though probably not much smaller than the one in Disney World, hahaha. Not really, but it is impressive in Disney World the forced perspective they used on Beast’s castle… BUT I’LL GET TO THAT IN MY DISNEY WORLD TR!









It’s a pretty cute little ride, but I wouldn’t say I’ll do it every trip. I’m glad we did it once, buuut yeah. Definitely not something I need to ride every trip, haha.

Keep reading!
Continued in next post
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #195
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,622

Chapter Twenty: Exploring Sleeping Beauty Castle & a Christmas card photo! CONTINUED
Day 3: December 1st, 2012


After we hopped off of our lovely boat, we decided we really wanted to ride Alice in Wonderland, as it’d been closed the day before because it’d been raining and there is an outdoor part to that ride.

As we went to get in line, we spotted the Mad Hatter just strolling along the street!



The wait time said 15 minutes but we definitely waited a lot longer than that. Crowds were seriously starting to get thicker!



Guys, I hope you are ready for this EXTREME CLOSE UP of my husband..

Are you ready?



BOOM! These are the things I do while we’re in line waiting for rides. It’s just my thing.

We finally got into our little cart and off we went. This was a pretty neat dark ride, and it was weird to be outside for part of it! That part was actually random because there wasn’t anything outside.









I evidently really upset the queen because she got all snippy with me.





The end. Cute ride, glad we did it, but we probably won’t go on it again for a while. It’s not as creepy as some of the other dark rides though, nor will it traumatize your children as much, so that’s always a good thing!

We left Alice and decided to go check out the little area next to the castle where the Snow White fountain is… There’s a little hidden pathway over there from Fantasyland.





Obviously there would be Disney ducks just hanging out in the water!



This area provided a nice view of the castle, so we decided to take a few photos!





Some nice person offered to take our photo together, and this photo ended up being part of our Christmas card we sent out!



After hanging out by the fountain for a bit and watching some ducks, we decided to go check out Buzz Lightyear again because as you recall, we needed to settle some business. Matt had beat me our first ride, I’d technically beat him our second ride, so we needed to settle who would leave as the champion of Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin!







I came out victorious of this one! Or at least I think I did. I unfortunately didn’t take notes on this part and neither Matt nor I can really remember. So we’ll just pretend I won.

We left Buzz and popped into Star Traders real quick so I could trade another Vinylmation… and I came away with this super cute one called “Sunny Day”.



Keep reading! (YAY FOR TRIPLE UPDATES!)
Continued in next post
danimaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: