Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #91
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Congratulations!!!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #92
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Yay!!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #93
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I'd put early Nov. (just in time for the Christmas decorations) or maybe early Dec. (haven't been there then) as my second favorite time to go, after April. Hmm, maybe I should start thinking about Nov. 2014. No, stop it, don't even go there . . . yet. Geesh, you are a very bad influence on me.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #94
jwwi
DIS Veteran

A new ticker........How exciting!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #95
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

HOOOOOORAYYYY

I know how much you've been wanting to go back at Christmas hahah.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #96
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

How fun is it when you haven't even gotten to your upcoming trip yet and you are already planning the next one?! Christmas in WDW, is there anything better??
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #97
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
Awesome..congratulations!!!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Congratulations!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I'd put early Nov. (just in time for the Christmas decorations) or maybe early Dec. (haven't been there then) as my second favorite time to go, after April. Hmm, maybe I should start thinking about Nov. 2014. No, stop it, don't even go there . . . yet. Geesh, you are a very bad influence on me.
Early-mid December is a lot better than late December, but because I'm stuck to a school schedule I don't have much choice. But since we've done it before I know what it's like and can deal with all the craziness.

haha, it's never too early to start thinking about your next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
A new ticker........How exciting!
Yes it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
HOOOOOORAYYYY

I know how much you've been wanting to go back at Christmas hahah.
hahaha, I think everyone does because I can never shut up about it. But really, can you blame me?! The decorations are AMAZING!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
How fun is it when you haven't even gotten to your upcoming trip yet and you are already planning the next one?! Christmas in WDW, is there anything better??
It will definitely make coming home in April a little easier knowing we have December planned.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:46 PM   #98
wdwgirl03

Wow, can you guys believe that today is already the last day of January?! The month seemed to fly by, which means April is getting that much closer! Today marks 60 DAYS until we arrive at Bay Lake Tower. It may sound dorky but whenever I think about that I still have a hard time believing we'll be staying there. As I've said before, I honestly love all the DVC resorts, but there is something about staying in the Magic Kingdom resort area that makes everything so much better (maybe it's all those stays at the Polynesian, and also the Wilderness Lodge Villas!). It's going to be awesome being able to walk over to the MK and be just a monorail ride away from Epcot. Speaking of Epcot, how about some more must-dos???

Sarah's Epcot Must-Dos

One of the best things about spring trips is being there for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.

There are always such colorful displays (even though a lot of them seem to be "recycled") and it just makes visits to Epcot a completely different experience. This year I've read that there are going to be some new additions, including light-up topiaries and a few food kiosks. I saw one article talking about the food/drinks they'll be selling, and I think I might have to get one of these!

Don't they look refreshing?! AHHH I cannot wait for the Flower and Garden Festival! If you're interested, here are some of the websites where I found this information:

DISBoards Flower and Garden Festival Info
Disney Food Blog

When we're not enjoying the festival happenings, we'll be busy checking out:

Soarin...This ride is so amazing. It may be my favorite WDW attraction ever. Is it sad that I have the ride music on my ipod and can pretty much picture every single scene???

Test Track...The updated version is getting a lot of mixed reviews. In all honesty I think I'm going to end up missing the original but the new ride does seem cool. Recently we tend to do the single rider line so we don't have to wait as long, but it might be worth going through the stand-by line to design a car.

Living with the Land...one of the more relaxing attractions. I love it!

Spaceship Earth...I can't remember if Dad and I did this last year, so we'll definitely have to ride this time.

We will also probably do The Seas with Nemo and Friends (I always enjoy the aquariums afterward) and maybe visit Ellen at the Universe of Energy. I might be one of the few people who actually likes that ride!

In World Showcase, I'd like to do:

Maelstrom...always a fun ride and it might be cool to actually see the movie once. I know we caught the very end of it last April.

Agent P's World Showcase Adventure...I'm sure this will be very similar to the Kim Possible WS Adventure, but the missions were always fun. It is a different way to explore the countries. And since this is Phineas and Ferb related, I also want to try another new drink they have called the Doofenslurper! It's some sort of slushie...Emma got one the other day and said it was pretty good. But really I just want the beaker that it comes in!

I would also like to check out some more of the World Showcase entertainment. Last April we saw the Chinese acrobats, which was an awesome show. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to see? Feel free to share!

And depending on how tired we are after being up early, I might want to see Illuminations again. While I enjoy the night shows, I'm not one who has to go see them all on every single trip. So we'll see!

I'll leave you with another picture from one of my favorite Disney blogs (and from my favorite attraction!).

(don't you just want to go ride Soarin right now?!)
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #99
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I think being that close to MK would be my highlight if the trip! Imagine being able to look out the window and see MK at anytime, lit up at night, being able to get there in mere minutes. I'm sold!

I think with the food and drinks during the flower and Garden fest it even more awesome, kinda like food & wine.

I'm anxious to try the new TT. We loved the old version.

We saw the Japanese drummers in Nov and they were awesome. They danced in perfect tandem.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #100
LisaAnn06
Earning My Ears

Joining in! Can't wait to finish reading.
LisaAnn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #101
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Hahah, if you think having Disney music on your iPod is sad, then I must be the saddest person ever. Buuuut I don't think it's sad. I own my Disney obsession.

I'll look forward to seeing pictures of all the fun new F&G stuff!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #102
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Today marks 60 DAYS until we arrive at Bay Lake Tower. It may sound dorky but whenever I think about that I still have a hard time believing we'll be staying there.
Totally not dorky, because if we ever go to the BLT, I will be just the same.

Or maybe it is dorky, and I'm just a huge dork. Well, if it's dorky, I say, take a hint from the eleventh Doctor Who and just embrace your dorkiness!

Quote:

One of the best things about spring trips is being there for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival.)

I want to do that next time -- we tend to go in late April or early May, anyhow.

My kids loved the Agent P Adventures!

Quote:

And since this is Phineas and Ferb related, I also want to try another new drink they have called the Doofenslurper! It's some sort of slushie...Emma got one the other day and said it was pretty good. But really I just want the beaker that it comes in!

I am deeply regretting not getting that. I'd heard the drink was like LaFou's Brew, only with more foam. I actually like the drink part of LaFou's Brew (tastes like apple juice concentrate), but don't like the foamy part, so I planned on not drinking the Doofenslurper, and ordered before I noticed you could get it with the cool beaker. The really dumb part is that I was there right before heading home, so carrying the beaker around wouldn't even have been much of a pain. But I got distracted and it never happened.

Learn from my mistake and be sure and get that puppy!
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #103
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I think being that close to MK would be my highlight if the trip! Imagine being able to look out the window and see MK at anytime, lit up at night, being able to get there in mere minutes. I'm sold!

I think with the food and drinks during the flower and Garden fest it even more awesome, kinda like food & wine.

I'm anxious to try the new TT. We loved the old version.

We saw the Japanese drummers in Nov and they were awesome. They danced in perfect tandem.
I KNOW!!! I seriously hope our theme park view room is awesome. I can't wait!

Yeah, it is sort of like a mini F&WF with the foods.

Same here. I hope the new one is still just as good.

I was actually thinking about maybe seeing the drummers. That might be a good one to check out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaAnn06 View Post
Joining in! Can't wait to finish reading.
Welcome! Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hahah, if you think having Disney music on your iPod is sad, then I must be the saddest person ever. Buuuut I don't think it's sad. I own my Disney obsession.

I'll look forward to seeing pictures of all the fun new F&G stuff!
Oh no, I don't think it's sad, I just wonder if other people might think it was strange (well, maybe only non-Disney people, haha!). But whatever, I love it. It's like a mini visit to the parks whenever I want. Sort of.

I will be sure to take a lot of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Totally not dorky, because if we ever go to the BLT, I will be just the same.

Glad I'm not alone in that feeling. I seriously cannot WAIT until April 1!!!

Or maybe it is dorky, and I'm just a huge dork. Well, if it's dorky, I say, take a hint from the eleventh Doctor Who and just embrace your dorkiness!

haha, I love that.

I want to do that next time -- we tend to go in late April or early May, anyhow.

My kids loved the Agent P Adventures!

The Flower and Garden Festival is awesome! You should go for it.

All the kids seem to really enjoy it. Sometimes I feel funny walking around with the phone and seeing all the other kids doing it, but OH WELL. I love it. Those missions are fun!

I am deeply regretting not getting that. I'd heard the drink was like LaFou's Brew, only with more foam. I actually like the drink part of LaFou's Brew (tastes like apple juice concentrate), but don't like the foamy part, so I planned on not drinking the Doofenslurper, and ordered before I noticed you could get it with the cool beaker. The really dumb part is that I was there right before heading home, so carrying the beaker around wouldn't even have been much of a pain. But I got distracted and it never happened.

Learn from my mistake and be sure and get that puppy!
Aww, bummer you didn't get the Doofenslurper! You'll have to get one on your next trip. I really want to try it!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 02-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #104
wdwgirl03

LESS THAN 2 MONTHS TO GO NOW!!!

It's nice looking at my ticker and seeing that it says "1 month" (ok, and 4 weeks, but still) to go. OH MY GOSH I JUST WANT TO GO NOW! (sorry for the all caps but I am way too excited...it seems like it's getting so close!). I was actually thinking the other day how in a couple of weeks we'll probably be getting our Magical Express stuff. It seems like we usually get that wonderful envelope around 45(ish) days before our trip. Which means SOON!

I've still got to finish my park must-dos, and also the rest of my DVC flashbacks! I'm really excited to share the next two...I was going through my pictures this morning and it just brought back all these memories from staying at the resorts.

DVC Flashback #4: December 2008

Much like our May 2008 trip, this one was one that we really had no intention of taking. But we still had a couple of flight vouchers from our cancelled Dec. '07 flight that needed to be used so Dad, Emma, and I were able to take a trip in the middle of December. On this trip we stayed at another new DVC resort, the Beach Club Villas! This was going to be our first experience staying in an Epcot resort and I was SO excited. Have I mentioned how much I love that whole area?! AMAZING.

Before joining DVC, I NEVER thought we'd be able to stay at the Beach Club. So needless to say it was so exciting pulling up and seeing this:

The lobby was gorgeous and of course had all of the Christmas decorations. But it was even better walking outside and being right in the middle of the Epcot resorts.

I love the color of the Villas (OK, and the Beach Club itself).

A few other random shots from around the resort:

I remember our first night there we got some ice cream from Beaches and Cream and sat near Stormalong Bay. We felt a little bad because it was snowing at home and Mom was stuck shoveling.

Anyway, like we always do, we started out our first full day at the Magic Kingdom. Nothing beats seeing that opening show, and it's even better when there are the Christmas decorations!

We did our usual favorites (Space Mountain, Buzz, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain) but there was something new I wanted to do. This was shortly after the fairy meet and greets started and I was dying to meet them! Unfortunately nobody else wanted to, so I ended up waiting by myself for about an hour. Yep, I was that determined. But it was worth it! The fairies are so cute!

One of the great things about going earlier in December is that the crowds aren't nearly as bad as they are once it gets closer to Christmas. If I wasn't stuck to a teacher's schedule, I would love to go during that time again. When we left the MK, there was hardly anyone on Main Street!

I will say, though, that on our last night, we also visited the Magic Kingdom and we could tell the Christmas crowds were starting to arrive.

Other highlights of this trip included:

Seeing the Christmas decorations. In addition to the parks, we spent a lot of time resort hopping and just taking in all of the different decorations. Guys, this is seriously why I have been dying to go back at Christmas (how many times have I said that?!)!

Beach Club

Boardwalk

Animal Kingdom Lodge

Polynesian

Grand Floridian

Attending our first (and probably only) Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!
This was another dream of mine and it was so much fun seeing all of the party-specific entertainment!

Love the dream lights show (yes, I know this isn't just for the party)!

So sad they don't do this show anymore!

The DVC Merry Member Mixer
This is an event specifically for DVC Members, in the area near the International Gateway. They had light snacks and raffles. I think we got a free DVC ornament and one of those yummy rice krispy treats. I also made my first pin trade there!

Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe

So this was our first time eating there. We went a little bit early so we could walk around the resort and let's just say Emma and I immediately fell in love. The theming here is so unique and I love the rustic feel. You honestly do not feel like you're in Florida!

And with all of the Christmas decorations it was even better!

It was on that visit that I knew the next DVC resort I had to stay at was the Wilderness Lodge Villas! As for the dinner at WCC, it was fun but I do remember being a little disappointed that nothing too wild and crazy happened, other than a few people asking for ketchup (if you've been there before, you know what I'm talking about!). Maybe it was because our reservation was so early.

We had another great trip where we got to stay at another new resort. The Beach Club Villas definitely didn't disappoint. I loved being close to Epcot, DHS, and of course the Boardwalk. It sure was nice going to Epcot and getting to use the "private" entrance at International Gateway! And even though we only swam once or twice, there is no doubt that Stormalong Bay is the best swimming pool on property!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #105
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I am finally coming over to check out your PTR !! We are really getting excited about our stay at BLT as well. When we stay there, then Beach Club will be the only WDW DVC place we haven't stayed at. Sooo looking forward to BLT though and being so close to MK. DH loves fireworks and we didn't see any on our last trip, so I know he will be happy to be able to see them from our resort. We have a lake view room, but we can just go up top and watch.

I am super excited about the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot. I am very excited about the food booths that they have added. Can't wait to try those out !! We are hoping it will be warm enough to hit a water park one day. We got the DVC premium pass that they offered at such a great price at the end of the year and we want to take advantage of the water parks. I hope to be able to squeeze in a small summer trip and possibly stay at Beach Club, but we will have to see.

I am so excited about the April trip though and finally getting to stay on one of the monorail resorts. I hope we can find a minute to meet up. I would so love to do that !!

Looking forward to counting this down with you.

Susan

Last edited by jecskc; 02-02-2013 at 08:07 PM.
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: