DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #16
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

If the resort is full, someone has to be in the HA room.

The online booking system now has an option to search for HA rooms so that those who need them can know if one will be available for their stay.

But again, if the HA rooms are not all booked by those who need / want them, someone has to get one. IMO, instead of making a fuss at the front desk, those who do not want the HA rooms should lobby MS for a separate booking category for HA villas. That way, if only HA villas are left when booking, you can decide if you'd rather choose a different resort/room size or even not go at all.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #17
floribr1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenc324
Yes I got a new room today , but it was a real hassel. I have learned a lesson this trip. And I will never accept them telling me again that we assign rooms, we don't guareentee what room you get. You just get a room. I was soooooo pissed.
Well, if all the DVC rooms at a resort are assigned, then SOMEONE is going to be stuck with the HCA rooms... What can you reasonably expect the front desk to do if they don't have a different room to give you? Is it inconvenient and less than ideal? Yes, but it's going to happen when a resort is full. Best to just understand that it's possible and hope for the best.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #18
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenc324 View Post
Yes I got a new room today , but it was a real hassel. I have learned a lesson this trip. And I will never accept them telling me again that we assign rooms, we don't guareentee what room you get. You just get a room. I was soooooo pissed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
If the resort is full, someone has to be in the HA room.

The online booking system now has an option to search for HA rooms so that those who need them can know if one will be available for their stay.

But again, if the HA rooms are not all booked by those who need / want them, someone has to get one. IMO, instead of making a fuss at the front desk, those who do not want the HA rooms should lobby MS for a separate booking category for HA villas. That way, if only HA villas are left when booking, you can decide if you'd rather choose a different resort/room size or even not go at all.
I agree, if no one handicapped reserved it, they are going to fill it rather than leaving a room empty.

I would contact member satisfaction and complain about the inconvenience.

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
Old 02-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

OP, HA rooms are not convenient for able bodied people. DH needs HA facilities and I wish that we didn't. Still, there are a finite number of rooms at any resort and DVC is usually very close to 100% full and sometimes 100% full. If you ask nicely at checkin whether your assigned room is HA and find that it is, then it certainly is appropriate to ask if another room is available. If there is another available, lucky you. If not, then it is your turn to this time and you can pay to be switched as soon as another room is available. In our 13 years of ownership we have had rooms that were not ideal, including HA rooms before the days when we needed them. It would be selfish on our part to expect that other DVC members should always be the ones to get the dumpster view, the room with no balcony, the unwanted HA room. And if the situation is too bad, then it is great to have the option to pay to switch.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
disbound09
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
OP, HA rooms are not convenient for able bodied people. DH needs HA facilities and I wish that we didn't. Still, there are a finite number of rooms at any resort and DVC is usually very close to 100% full and sometimes 100% full. If you ask nicely at checkin whether your assigned room is HA and find that it is, then it certainly is appropriate to ask if another room is available. If there is another available, lucky you. If not, then it is your turn to this time and you can pay to be switched as soon as another room is available. In our 13 years of ownership we have had rooms that were not ideal, including HA rooms before the days when we needed them. It would be selfish on our part to expect that other DVC members should always be the ones to get the dumpster view, the room with no balcony, the unwanted HA room. And if the situation is too bad, then it is great to have the option to pay to switch.
Another way to think of it, now I'm not sure what to do. I wait in line and don't cut because its the right thing. I guess the same thing applies here someone else is going to get it because I don't. Maybe a little pixie dust to bank for the nice table at dinner.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
Lexxiefern
We were blown away
It will be nice to compare the 3

Quote:
What is the fee to switch rooms? Is it based on the size of the room?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiefern View Post
What is the fee to switch rooms? Is it based on the size of the room?
You pay the fee to do a full cleaning, so yes, it is based on the size of the room.

Studio/Inn Room - $30.00
One-Bedroom - $45.00
Two-Bedroom - $60.00
Three-Bedroom - $75.00

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
Old 02-02-2013, 01:36 PM   #23
gdrj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did go down and they said they would move me tomorrow which sucks because I have to be out again by 11am and don't know when I can get in the new room.
We have had this happen to us, all I can say is don't let it ruin your day.

So they accomodate you and you are still complaining? While its a pain there are a whole lot worse ways to spend your day than being at Disney.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #24
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrj View Post
We have had this happen to us, all I can say is don't let it ruin your day.

So they accomodate you and you are still complaining? While its a pain there are a whole lot worse ways to spend your day than being at Disney.
It's happened to us a couple times too. We were upgraded once from a standard view room to a HA room at BWV. I was perfectly happy to look over Leaping Libations rather than the street even though storage in the bathroom was limited. I also had one at BCV on the first floor which was convenient to everything.

Honestly, I would rather have a HA room than the famous "dumpster view" at VWL, one of the rooms near the ME cages at AKV or BWV or those awful rooms on the pathway between the main resort and BCV.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #25
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

Gdrj

Thanks for the input.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #26
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks.

We are able bodied people who have taken our turn in a HA room - as well as other "less than perfectly desirable rooms" - the entitlement in the OP makes me quite angry. Why shouldn't he take his turn like everyone else? Is he more special than the rest of us?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #27
Dean
DIS Veteran

Personally I'd rather not go than be stuck in a HC room. However, generally speaking there are more HC rooms than people who need, request them and thus if the resort is fairly full, someone has to be there. Asking not to be in one is appropriate, demanding or being upset if that's what you get is not appropriate. A room change fee is appropriate if the unit has been used. It's part of dealing with a timeshare.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #28
Lenc324
DIS Veteran

I have had dumpster views, road views, no views, long hall walks. But I don't want a HA room, nor do I or anyone else have to settle for it. I don't stay at Disney for free.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #29
spruce
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenc324
I have had dumpster views, road views, no views, long hall walks. But I don't want a HA room, nor do I or anyone else have to settle for it. I don't stay at Disney for free.
I've had them all too
and no, I don't stay there for free either. I look at this a little differently though, I count my blessings.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #30
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Then you shouldn't own a timeshare. Being upset over this issue enough to make a scene is simply not reasonable or appropriate. And that's from someone who would truly rather skip the trip than stay in one.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: