Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
How many people were you checking the ADR's for? I went online and looked at every day for the month of May for two and did not get a single day that there were no seatings available. Every day, including the holiday weekend were free. I also entered ADR's for four people randomly on at least a dozen dates as well including the holiday weekend and still was able to get an ADR. I personally think the once overhyped buzz of this place has been replaced with buzz kill having to dish out 2TS for that "to die for" steak.

P.S. Not saying you didn't experience booked dates... I just didn't find them with my settings and the hour I went online...
I was checking the first weekend for 2 people. After checking many times, I was able to get one for 5:30 pm on our departure day. I must have been checking the wrong time of day, because it was showing no availability every time I checked before finding the one I booked.

Whether or not the restaurant is booked solid, they are bringing in more revenue than before. LC is the most logical place in WS to get a meat & potatoes type meal. Many people go on vacation willing to splurge for what they want. They don't always plan far in advance & obsess over menus like we do. If they want a steak, LC will be their first stop in WS. By reading the DIS, you would think practically everyone books a dining plan & tries to get the most bang for their buck. IME, this community isn't a true representation of the general public. There would be many people who were thrilled with a last minute ADR or a walk-up. LC would have to be half full on a regular basis for them to lose money on the change. Does anyone really see that happening? If ADRs are any indication, there aren't that many tables available as it is. I don't have a crystal ball & can't say they will never change it back to 1 TS credit. Disney restaurants don't make a habit of lowering prices. They could never charge the prices they're asking for those paying OOP & return to 1 TS credit on DDP. The odds aren't good that they'll change back anytime soon. We must remember that HBD has always been 2 TS for lunch (at least, as far back as I can remember), & it was never as popular as LC.

I agree about the hype. It's funny how so many who declared LC a must do are now cancelling ADRs or saying they won't eat there again. As some of us suspected, it appears to be more about getting the most out of DDP than eating at LC. If it was absolutely a must do & many people's favorite restaurant, they would cut back somewhere else to pay for it. I'm hoping the restaurant will improve now that it's not such a great DDP value.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: