Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
calnmace
Mouseketeer

Buffalo hotel recommendation for park sleep fly please :)

Hello everyone

We're flying out of Buffalo in April and I can't seem to find a good hotel in Buffalo on the park sleep fly site. I did check out the site but after reading some of the reviews, I would feel a lot better if someone would recommend one.

Thanks so much in advance!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
jba2
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn across the street from the airport this past December. The hotel seems quite new and gets great reviews on Tripadvisor. The room slept 5 comfortably and the free breakfast was more than adequate.
In the past, we've stayed at the Hampton Inn near the Walden Galleria, the Homewood Suites and the Hilton Garden Inn. All were fine but the Hampton Inn was far and the Hilton Garden Inn didn't offer a free breakfast. The Homewood Suites was nice with a good free breakfast.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
calnmace
Mouseketeer

Thank you sooo much!!! You've been such a help!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
greenclan67
Callie35

We booked through trinityreservations.com which others have recommended on this forum! I paid $98 including tax for 14 nights parking, and our night before our flight at the Staybridge Suites. It seems to get good reviews. We aren't staying til March. Friends of ours just booked the Holiday Inn through the same sight for $95 including tax because Staybridge wasn't available for the night they needed.

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
We booked through trinityreservations.com which others have recommended on this forum! I paid $98 including tax for 14 nights parking, and our night before our flight at the Staybridge Suites. It seems to get good reviews. We aren't staying til March. Friends of ours just booked the Holiday Inn through the same sight for $95 including tax because Staybridge wasn't available for the night they needed.

We've stayed here as well. Price was fabulous, room was clean and shuttle was great. No problems at all.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

We had a very good experience at the Days Hotel Buffalo Airport. Hotel was very clean, staff were excellent, pool and hot tub were great, shuttle was extremely prompt, and breakfast was included.

Lots of pictures from our December stay at in my trip report (see link in my signature).

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
calnmace
Mouseketeer

Wow! A huge thank you to everyone who took the time to help me! It looks like Trinity Reservations is going to save me over $100!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you telling me about it! Super excited!!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnmace View Post
Wow! A huge thank you to everyone who took the time to help me! It looks like Trinity Reservations is going to save me over $100!!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate you telling me about it! Super excited!!
If you booked the Staybridge Suites where we stayed, it is not right across from the airport like some of the hotels are. However it's only 10-12 minutes away and the shuttle runs from 4a.m.
Our driver was very nice, and we were the only ones in the shuttle. We just booked our time when we checked in.
There are also a bunch of restaurants in that area. I think that we had dinner at an Applebee's down the road but there were other choices, including an Olive Garden across the road.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by calnmace View Post
Glad it helped!!!! Good luck!

Old 02-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
alohamom
DIS Veteran

I'll third the Staybridge Suites thru Trinity reservations!!! We stayed here last year on Camillio's advice from these boards and LOVED it. Dont let the (short) distance bother you, the shuttle only takes a few minutes and they really seem to cater to the airport clientelle. The hotel is so nice and new, the breakfast was really good and yes, gotta love the Olive Garden literally across the road. For the price this gives me the best value for the money, imo
alohamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Just one thing to note about getting there. We weren't sure where it was so we programmed the address into the GPS. We should have checked the route
It took us on the most ridiculous, backwards, long way to Staybridge. It took us down all these side streets and we had no clue where we were. We go to the Walden Galleria and the airport often so really we should have known. Our GPS seems to do that to us every time we use it in Buffalo. So get a good map and if it involves 42 steps to get there from the border it's probably over complicating things
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #12
dopeyluvsgrumpy
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Sleep Inn in December and had a really good experience. There was fresh chocolate chip cookies at check in and parking/shuttle was super easy. There was a great breakast that was already up and running at 4:30am.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #13
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeyluvsgrumpy View Post
We stayed at the Sleep Inn in December and had a really good experience. There was fresh chocolate chip cookies at check in and parking/shuttle was super easy. There was a great breakast that was already up and running at 4:30am.
Does anyone know what time the breakfast starts at the Staybridge Suites. We have to leave by 6 am. Can we get a take out muffin or something even?

Old 02-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #14
My 2 princesses
Can't Wait To Go Back...I've Been Bitten By The Bug:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Does anyone know what time the breakfast starts at the Staybridge Suites. We have to leave by 6 am. Can we get a take out muffin or something even?
6:30. We were on the 7 o'clock shuttle and we thought we would skip breakfast, but it was all out by 6:45 when we got there so we actually sat down and had breakfast. They did have packaged muffins, fruit and cereal bars, so perhaps you can requst them to pack you some?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #15
greenclan67
Callie35

Thanks for the feedback about breakfast time. Guess we will grab something at the airport and hit an IHOP when we get to orlando.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: