Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #23
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post

regarding feeling ill - sea bands....if you go on another cruise, get sea bands and wear them from the moment you set foot on the ship....
they saved my life (and we had hurricane Sandy waves - so we were rocking and rolling big time)...
Sea Bands eh. The stuff I was taking just knocked the wind out of me and I was tired a lot. I will defiantly give them a shot.

We did not bring our DD on the podcast cruise because it was the podcast cruise. We felt at 7 there would be to much that she would not have been into. Its a different story now and I know she will have a blast.

We also talked about doing a different cruise line. The oasis class ships look amazing but its Disney we enjoy so we figure it we are on the fence about the dream it might be worse for the other ships.

Anyways, we are both excited. Castaway was amazing even in cloudy weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Cruising really is no fun if you have other "obligations" to attend to. This is why we don't bother with the cruise meets. Also if you've never cruised with your children, your missing out too. There's magic in watching your child's joy, same as when visiting WDW.

I agree with pp that it depends on your stage in life. There's a big difference in what you feel like doing & what's appealing between ages 35 & 50.
Thats our thought as well. We are not doing any meets and not taking part in the FE group.

We also dont do wdw "commando" style. The thing we like most about going on long trips to the world is it gives us the opportunity to relax. Up early to the parks, back to the resort for lunch and a swim or whatever. Then a nice dinner out and an evening at the parks. It works very well and we dont get home burned out after the trip.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: