Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Resort Dining

Hey all!!

We are planning to venture outside the parks coming in the fall and at Christmas and looking for the must tries at the resorts. My dad is very picky about certain foods and we need places with variety. I assume it doesn't matter if you are staying on site or not to be able to eat the resorts, but I was asked to make sure. We have tried Boardwalk Bakery, Pizza Window so far in the resort sense, planning to try Beaches and Cream Soda possibly in 3 weeks or April for sure.

My dad and I are staying at AKL this next trip, we have one breakfast ADR at Boma...but plan to eat in our room the other days. This will be our actual first time staying on site, so we are excited for the experience.

Thanks!

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
marshmeloh
Ev'rybody has a Laughing Place... mine is WDW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCortWort
Hey all!!

We are planning to venture outside the parks coming in the fall and at Christmas and looking for the must tries at the resorts. My dad is very picky about certain foods and we need places with variety. I assume it doesn't matter if you are staying on site or not to be able to eat the resorts, but I was asked to make sure. We have tried Boardwalk Bakery, Pizza Window so far in the resort sense, planning to try Beaches and Cream Soda possibly in 3 weeks or April for sure.

My dad and I are staying at AKL this next trip, we have one breakfast ADR at Boma...but plan to eat in our room the other days. This will be our actual first time staying on site, so we are excited for the experience.

Thanks!
Hi there,

You definitely do not need to be staying on property to eat at any resorts.

Definitely check out menus in advance but I think yachtsmans steakhouse, artist point, and IL mulino would be safe bets of being able to find things for picky eaters!
marshmeloh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Are you looking for ts or signature? The restaurants listed above are great but all signature and pricey, however I would pick any of them.

What resort area are you looking at..EPCOT, MK, AK?

Boma breakfast is a good start. GF Cafe at the grand floridian has a great atmosphere and standard american fare. Kona cafe is a board favorite as is Ohana but they have a hawaiian twist.

Captains grille is a nice sit down with typical american fare at the Yacht.

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #4
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Boma is great even for picky eaters. Resort dining is awesome. Look at KC, GFC, CG, ESPN, Big River, at DTD try RFC, Trex Paradiso. Even Capt Jacks. OMG. Look at menus on allearsnet.com as well as others. You have so much to choose from. Enjoy!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
ses1230
DIS Veteran

You will be at AK, why not look at Jiko's menu? Some of the items have an African flair, but they have "regular" type food as well. I had the filet and subbed mac and cheese for the side. It was great.

We ordered room service at AK as well, and that was very good too.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: