Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #196
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Hi all! I'm thrilled to be staying at BLT for the first time. In October. Too far away. Anyway we're getting a studio and I just checked out the floor plan on this amazing thread. How awkward is that bathroom sink/vanity and kitchenett setup? What were they thinking???
Old 02-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #197
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

Do they still have the Disney College of Knowledge? I had to do that when I was a TA for AAA ( a lifetime ago). I wasn't able to go on the FAM trip when it was offered

Have a great time! We are exciting to be going back in less than a week!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards[/QUOTE]

Yes! I have been doing this a few years now and took the updated College of Knowledge courses in September- you have to be up to date on the course in order to even attend the training sessions. Most fun "work" I have ever had to do!

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #198
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

After reading through the information page, I see the rooms are being refurbished right now? I had not heard this! Looks like it will be completed by March 22, I will be there March 18-22 - should I get a new room? Anyone have pics of what the new rooms will look like?

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Old 02-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #199
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Bob's dd
After reading through the information page, I see the rooms are being refurbished right now? I had not heard this! Looks like it will be completed by March 22, I will be there March 18-22 - should I get a new room? Anyone have pics of what the new rooms will look like?
I am hoping to be lucky enough to get a newly refurb'd room when we check in on Wednesday but if not I will ask if I can sneak into one to take some pictures.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 02-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #200
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Bob's dd View Post
DH and I are staying at CR for the Princess Half Marathon in 3 weeks and I talked to the IPO folks since we are staying on the atrium level if the lounge would be open or not. They said that it is suppose to be open a few days before we arrive on 21 Feb and if not, we should get a call. I expressed my displeasure that if the club was not open it negates my paying extra for the club level.

So long story short...call and ask the status and then put in a room request for a new refurbished room.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #201
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

So long story short...call and ask the status and then put in a room request for a new refurbished room.
The Atrium Club rooms (12th floor) are not being refurbished, just the lounge. The Tower Club rooms and suites (14th floor) are being refurbished.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 02-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #202
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
The Atrium Club rooms (12th floor) are not being refurbished, just the lounge. The Tower Club rooms and suites (14th floor) are being refurbished.
Yes, you are correct. The point of my post was that I had called to inquire about the status of the atrium lounge being opened when DH and I check-in 21 Feb since that is a big part of why people pay more to be on the 12th or 14th floor.

I was also encouraging the other thread follower to call before their visit to clarify if the rooms in the tower and garden wing which are scheduled for "soft goods replacement" during their stay in March would be available. The CR is really good about taking request from guests.

Page 1 of this thread is excellent on the updates to the CR happening this year as are the Disney folks when you call.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #203
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynanacat View Post
Hi all! I'm thrilled to be staying at BLT for the first time. In October. Too far away. Anyway we're getting a studio and I just checked out the floor plan on this amazing thread. How awkward is that bathroom sink/vanity and kitchenett setup? What were they thinking???
Welcome! I've only stayed in a One-Bedroom, but the BLT Studios are actually smaller than a CR STD Room. I believe they did reconfigure the Studio's sink/vanity area, but I don't recall exactly what was changed. Hopefully, someone else will
Quote:
No photos - yet - sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
I am hoping to be lucky enough to get a newly refurb'd room when we check in on Wednesday but if not I will ask if I can sneak into one to take some pictures.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
DH and I are staying at CR for the Princess Half Marathon in 3 weeks and I talked to the IPO folks since we are staying on the atrium level if the lounge would be open or not. They said that it is suppose to be open a few days before we arrive on 21 Feb and if not, we should get a call. I expressed my displeasure that if the club was not open it negates my paying extra for the club level.

So they didn't explain to where the lounge would be relocated? Good suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post

Page 1 of this thread is excellent on the updates to the CR happening this year as are the Disney folks when you call.
Thank you, Gryhndmom
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #204
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome! I've only stayed in a One-Bedroom, but the BLT Studios are actually smaller than a CR STD Room. I believe they did reconfigure the Studio's sink/vanity area, but I don't recall exactly what was changed. Hopefully, someone else will
The bathroom sink/vanity is in the same room as the little kitchenette. No worries, the more I think about it, it might be pretty handy! I can make toast and shave at the same time! lmaooooooooooo
Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #205
cadale
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a BLT studio in October 2012 and the bathroom sink was in the bathroom. The kitchenette area just has a small counter space on the wall opposite the kitchen sink and cupboards. I am assuming they have all been changed like this.

2000: ASM, 2003: ASM, 2006: POR, 2007: CSR, 2008: POR,VWL, 2009: SSR, 2010: BLT, 2011: OKW (2), 2012: BLT, 2013: SSR, BLT/AK, 2014: BCV/SSR
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #206
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadale
We stayed in a BLT studio in October 2012 and the bathroom sink was in the bathroom. The kitchenette area just has a small counter space on the wall opposite the kitchen sink and cupboards. I am assuming they have all been changed like this.
Maybe they changed since the pics I seen were taken?? We won't sweat the small things anyway.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #207
Georgi Zhukov
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbpanda View Post
Thanks. I knew I shouldn't be looking at trip adviser reviews lol. I don't mind the odd fault as long as its clean & the service is good. We are really excited as we have booked an MKV room
You're very welcome. And you are in for an absolute TREAT with your MKV room. Watching Wishes from your room balcony every night never gets old. Spectacular! Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
:

Been there, done that with both CR and WL

Yup Kook, the second-guessing started by the wife and kids (and me) less than an hour after we booked!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #208
sydjim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thank you! I have actually been a Disney TA for a while now but Disney offers a traning program a couple of times a year for agents where they get to do site inspections and seminars at the resorts. Can't wait!

How great! What a perfect place to train - good luck with your new career (JK!)
[/QUOTE]

Monorail Bob's dd....I also am a Disney TA...I saw the FAM trip advertised but won't be able to make it. Was wondering, if the atrium club is open by then (which it should be) if you get to go up and check it out, if you could post some pics? THANX!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #209
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They changed it so there is a sink in the bathroom and a kitchen sink. It does make for limited counter space in the bathroom and I would use the counter in the kitchen to put on makeup as there is a mirror there as well.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #210
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
The bathroom sink/vanity is in the same room as the little kitchenette. No worries, the more I think about it, it might be pretty handy! I can make toast and shave at the same time! lmaooooooooooo

...A little shaving cream in your coffee, honey?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: