Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #16
moore523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
I cruised last August and booked a dummy cruise for Dec 2013. Goal here was to move it to Dec 2014 anyway. Booked 1 inside cabin, only one person on a 3night. Deposit was about $95.

But we jumped on KSF for next week. So I kept my dummy booking untouched. Next week I will book another dummy one for the future...
So I knew when you booked a dummy cruise--you want to got with the shortest, cheapest stateroom--but you can also do just one person??? And then you can later modify it to whatever number you need??

Good to know!

Thanks!

Walt Disney World "Family of 4" Vacations
August 2010
September 2011
March 2012
August 2013
April 2014

Disney's Vero Beach Resort
October 2012

Disney Cruise Line
April 2013
September 2014
moore523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #17
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore523

So I knew when you booked a dummy cruise--you want to got with the shortest, cheapest stateroom--but you can also do just one person??? And then you can later modify it to whatever number you need??

Good to know!

Thanks!
Yes you can!!!

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Yvet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #18
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

We get two staterooms for the five of us. If I were to book on board can I book one and still get the 10% off for my whole trip or do I need to book two from the start? And would the OBC be applied once or twice?

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #19
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
We get two staterooms for the five of us. If I were to book on board can I book one and still get the 10% off for my whole trip or do I need to book two from the start? And would the OBC be applied once or twice?
Each cabin has its own confirmation #. If you need 2 cabins for a future cruise, you should book 2 cabins while onboard.
If you only book 1 onboard, then only one would have OBB perks.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #20
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer

still confused

OK sorry I am new to cruising. Let me see if I understand. If I book a future cruise on board I get 10% discount and a 10% deposit.
So say I book a room for me and my daughter and then my son decides to go, I can call and add him to the reservation?
That would be great as he is not sure about joining us.
FrogMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Can I book more than one dummy date cruise? Or if I book two cabins, since each has its own confirmation number, would I later be able to move one cabin date to, example: a future Alaska cruise and the other cabin to a future southern route cruise?

Thanks,
Kate

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #22
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMBA View Post
OK sorry I am new to cruising. Let me see if I understand. If I book a future cruise on board I get 10% discount and a 10% deposit.
So say I book a room for me and my daughter and then my son decides to go, I can call and add him to the reservation?
That would be great as he is not sure about joining us.
Yes, but depending on when you add your son, it may not be so simple.
There has to be availability in 3 areas for him to be added:
1. # of ppl that a stateroom can sleep
2. room for more ppl at your muster station/lifeboat
3. room for more ppl at your son's youth programming.

Dh & I cruised a 3-nt on the Dream w/o kids when it 1st entered service. (kids didn't know & still don't.) Approx 1 month prior I started feeling guilty & tried to add the kids. I could add 1 ds but not the other. If I searched availability for 2 teens, it was ok but def would not let me put another tween on any way I tried.

On another occasion, there was a KSF deal & I found availability for a secret porthole cabin on the Wonder (obstructed view, pay inside rate). I know these sleep 4 but it would only let me book 3. In other categories I could book all 4 of us so it wasn't youth programming, my TA stated it was muster station full.

So these situations do happen.

Also assuming availability in all 3 areas, the discount for your ds will be off then-current pricing which could be higher than when you 1st booked. It's usually best to add all family members to a res once you know you're cruising that date for sure. Then when final payment comes due, if one will not be cruising, you can drop him/her off the res.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #23
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Can I book more than one dummy date cruise? Or if I book two cabins, since each has its own confirmation number, would I later be able to move one cabin date to, example: a future Alaska cruise and the other cabin to a future southern route cruise?

Thanks,
Kate
No. The rule is 2 cabins per household for same future cruise date. The only exception is if you book a b2b. This is why it's good to NEVER cancel an OBB. Always best to just move it to the distant future.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #24
FrogMBA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
Yes, but depending on when you add your son, it may not be so simple.
There has to be availability in 3 areas for him to be added:
1. # of ppl that a stateroom can sleep
2. room for more ppl at your muster station/lifeboat
3. room for more ppl at your son's youth programming.

Dh & I cruised a 3-nt on the Dream w/o kids when it 1st entered service. (kids didn't know & still don't.) Approx 1 month prior I started feeling guilty & tried to add the kids. I could add 1 ds but not the other. If I searched availability for 2 teens, it was ok but def would not let me put another tween on any way I tried.

On another occasion, there was a KSF deal & I found availability for a secret porthole cabin on the Wonder (obstructed view, pay inside rate). I know these sleep 4 but it would only let me book 3. In other categories I could book all 4 of us so it wasn't youth programming, my TA stated it was muster station full.

So these situations do happen.

Also assuming availability in all 3 areas, the discount for your ds will be off then-current pricing which could be higher than when you 1st booked. It's usually best to add all family members to a res once you know you're cruising that date for sure. Then when final payment comes due, if one will not be cruising, you can drop him/her off the res.
So it is best to book with him and then drop him later if need be.
Got it Thank you so much.
Haven't even left on the first one and can't wait for the next one. lol
by the way he will be 21 so kid programming would not be an issue

Last edited by FrogMBA; 02-02-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: more info
FrogMBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #25
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No. The rule is 2 cabins per household for same future cruise date. The only exception is if you book a b2b. This is why it's good to NEVER cancel an OBB. Always best to just move it to the distant future.

I asked this question in another thread and don't think that I got this respose back from anyone. So, I'm kind of confused. Let me make sure I have this right.....

My mom and I are doing a cruise in Feb 2014. We are sharing a room.

Our whole family WANTS to do a cruise for 2015. So while on board, we are going to book rooms.

From what you are saying, my mom and I can EACH book 2 rooms. We do not reside together, so we would BOTH get the OBB discounts for the bookings, which would be 2 rooms each.

Is this correct? Between me and her, we would then have 4 rooms to book.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #26
kalc12345
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me how insurance works with a dummy date? We will be booking a dummy date on our upcoming cruise. I like to purchase our insurance within 14 days to cover any preexisting conditions (I don't get it through Disney). Just not sure how that works with a dummy date?? Thanks!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #27
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
I asked this question in another thread and don't think that I got this respose back from anyone. So, I'm kind of confused. Let me make sure I have this right.....

My mom and I are doing a cruise in Feb 2014. We are sharing a room.

Our whole family WANTS to do a cruise for 2015. So while on board, we are going to book rooms.

From what you are saying, my mom and I can EACH book 2 rooms. We do not reside together, so we would BOTH get the OBB discounts for the bookings, which would be 2 rooms each.

Is this correct? Between me and her, we would then have 4 rooms to book.
Yes you are correct. It's not 2 future cabins per current cabin, it's 2 future cabins per current household. Since you & your mom are in different households, you can each book 2 future cabins.
Since this new rule went into effect (used to be no limit) I have booked 2 future cabins for same date but I put me in one & dh in the other. He was also onboard with me when I booked. If you are the only adult in your household and still want to book 2 future cabins, who do you put for the other adult? Can it be someone not currently onboard with you? That I don't know as I don't have experience with that.
I have booked my mom & I in a cabin together and she wasn't onboard but at least one currently cruising passenger was on that res. It can't hurt to try though. Worse that can happen is they say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalc12345 View Post
Can anyone tell me how insurance works with a dummy date? We will be booking a dummy date on our upcoming cruise. I like to purchase our insurance within 14 days to cover any preexisting conditions (I don't get it through Disney). Just not sure how that works with a dummy date?? Thanks!
This gets tricky. Since DCL ins doesn't cover PECs, you must find other insurance. I would ask if you are able to later change the date, and ask what's the limit to the # of times you can change it before buying the ins.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #28
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalc12345 View Post
I've had the same question! I've purchased insurance from TravelGuard before within 14 days of the deposit to cover the pre-existing condition, so I know exactly what you're talking about.

I believe you'd need to purchase the insurance soon after making the deposit and would use the date and location of the dummy cruise. Later, when you decide on a "real" cruise, you'd call the insurance company to modify the policy to the real location and date. I haven't actually done this, but did talk to TravelGuard about something similar so I'm pretty sure that's how it would be done. Perhaps someone else with specific experience will respond.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #29
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you book for someone in a different household? I am headed on a cruise Feb 14th. So, I had planned on booking 3 different cruises while I was on board. Now I realize I can't, so I have to pick 2 of the 3. So, I will pick Alaska 2014 and the Fantasy, 2014.. ( I was thinking about booking Feb 14th 2014 for another "girl" cruise, but I guess I will put the 20% down for that one.)

My mom is going with me in Feb. However, my brother is going on the Alaska cruise 2014. Since he is almost 40 and married, he doesn't live with her. Can she book his room for the Alaska cruise while on the cruise?

Finally, I realize that the dates of 2014 are not out, so I will book dummy dates for the 2014 cruises if they are still not available by Feb 14th.
sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #30
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore523 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
Yes you can!!!
1.Ok but how often does booking for just 1 person shoot you in the foot? Have there been a lot of people having issues getting an additional person or 2 added on? Seems like when I checked a 1 person vs 2 person Jan 2014 Eastern Carib on the Fantasy, the price difference was $220 TOTAL.

2.What about if you book for a cheap 3 night, 1 person, BUT you really wanted to go on the Med cruise (one over 7 days). You will only get the $100 OBC right, not the $200? I heard they changed the rules and will not bounce it up from $100-$200.

3. I can put a travel agent down like AAA (I usually have booked our trips directly online with Disney and not used a TA). Then later when a great deal comes up with them like OBC, I can book it with them but still get DCL OBB benefits, too? I'm confused.

4. I had no idea about KSF offers! When do these usually happen and would I get it if I was to only sail with my DS or do you need 2 adults?

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: