Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #481
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan_in_pink

Totally understand. In the span of five days we went from bone chilling cold ( like water lines be brine cold) to rain fall warning to high wind warning then back to freezing cold....I want to move to FLA after this week.
Lol. Not much better here. It's 35 degrees this morning.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #482
KaylaSue22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Lol. Not much better here. It's 35 degrees this morning.
I woke up to 11 degrees with a wind chill of -3!!
KaylaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #483
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

This weather is horrible 15 here this morning
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #484
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaBelle View Post
I just wanted to introduce myself, I've been on the disboards for a while, but just found this thread. It is 28 degrees here today and I find myself Disney-dreaming. Actually more like Disney withdrawal! My last trip was July 2010.

My name is Krista, I'm an ER nurse, from Southeastern PA, 37, with one DD10.
Welcome to our family
Old 02-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #485
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl

We are having a heat wave.. it is 21 here. Though it is 13 with the wind chill, so nevermind about the heat wave. We also have some snow action going on. To be fair, they are big fluffy flakes and very pretty to look at. Not so much fun to shovel, however.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #486
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfanjosh3252 View Post
Ok. And wow. V&A is on my to do list!
You have to try V&A, we went there and loved it so much. There isn't any restaurant on property that compares. It is so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
For the folks who have stayed at Port Orleans ... how is the park transport situation comapared to POP?

I'm starting to think about Food/Wine trip plans for 2013. If I head down towards the 2nd half of Oct my parents will probably be at Ft Wilderness so I'd just crash with them. If I decide to go earlier, I'd be looking at staying onsite solo. Really my options would probably be POP or a moderate. The bus situation didn't seem too bad for POP, but it seemed like there weren't too many busses moving around Port Orleans ...
I have stayed at all three. I really like POfQ, it is small and only one bus stop. I have always requested building 5. It is so close to everything including the bus stop and the food court. It is also a quick walk to the pool. I stayed at POr, it is very big, but pretty. I have only stayed once. DS and I stayed at POP, it was the one and only time I have ever stayed at a value, but I really loved it. I'm not sure if DS wasn't with me if I would have chosen it. It was a lot of fun and never had a problem with the buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaBelle View Post
I just wanted to introduce myself, I've been on the disboards for a while, but just found this thread. It is 28 degrees here today and I find myself Disney-dreaming. Actually more like Disney withdrawal! My last trip was July 2010.

My name is Krista, I'm an ER nurse, from Southeastern PA, 37, with one DD10.
Welcome, it's always nice to have another nurse around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan_in_pink View Post
Totally understand. In the span of five days we went from bone chilling cold ( like water lines be brine cold) to rain fall warning to high wind warning then back to freezing cold....I want to move to FLA after this week.
I am not sure how cold it is but it is freezing. The good news is that Phil didnt see his shadow, so I am looking forward to an early spring!

ctnurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #487
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Yeah, I don't mind the occasional cold snap, but this extended stretch of temps in the teens is getting old fast. A nasty little side-effect is how dry my house air is getting from the heater running constantly. I forgot to check the humidifiers in the room where I have my guitars which were completely dry ... Thankfully no permanent damage that could see but I spent a good part of the day going over every inch and performing instrument maintenance.

Already a dusting of new snow on the ground for tonight, so a good Saturday night just to catch up on the DVR shows with some beer I guess.

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #488
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

I think the lack of a winter here in PA last year spoiled me. I am not liking this freezing cold at all.
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #489
KaylaSue22
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfigment View Post
I think the lack of a winter here in PA last year spoiled me. I am not liking this freezing cold at all.
I agree! and the occasional 50-60 degree days thrown in the middle really is making it worse!
KaylaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #490
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaSue22

I agree! and the occasional 50-60 degree days thrown in the middle really is making it worse!
Absolutely! No wonder we are all sick!
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #491
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocktoon View Post
I forgot to check the humidifiers in the room where I have my guitars which were completely dry ... Thankfully no permanent damage that could see but I spent a good part of the day going over every inch and performing instrument maintenance.
What kind of guitars do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaSue22 View Post
They're a tease! It should just stay 50-60 degrees. I would even settle for 45-50.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #492
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Good news 40s by week's end
Old 02-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #493
KristaBelle
Mouseketeer

More snow here tonight and looks like maybe Friday too, I thought that the groundhog didn't see his shadow! If it has to snow I'd rather it actually snow like a foot, at least it would be decent for sledding!

On a side note: All day meetings the day after the Super Bowl should be banned. Atleast the Ravens won, as I work in Maryland, had they not this could have been even more painful.

KristaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #494
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offsides View Post
Welcome! Seems to be a lot of nurses around here! I'm in nursing school, so I'm not a nurse yet but getting there.
I remember noting a year or two ago in one of this thread's predecessors that it seemed like if you joined the thread you had to either be a nurse or a teacher due to the high numbers of both that we had in here.

It just goes to show, the more things change around here, the more they stay the same.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #495
taramoz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaBelle
More snow here tonight and looks like maybe Friday too, I thought that the groundhog didn't see his shadow! If it has to snow I'd rather it actually snow like a foot, at least it would be decent for sledding!

On a side note: All day meetings the day after the Super Bowl should be banned. Atleast the Ravens won, as I work in Maryland, had they not this could have been even more painful.

Not to make everyone jealous, but it has been just beautiful in Houston, sunny and 70's, we have been very lucky here!! You can all make me jealous this summer, promise!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: