Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #16
FREEZIN
FREEZIN

WoW!
FREEZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Lady View Post
We were on the Dream this past June. It was the first cruise we'd ever taken, and though I won't say it was a bad trip, I am not planning to cruise again. It was crowded everywhere, the pool deck was pretty much impossible to use unless you went at really off times and there just wasn't much to do on the sea day. For the price we paid, I kept thinking that we should have just gone to Disneyworld. The kids did love the clubs, though, and we really liked the shows. Food was okay, the atmosphere of the restaurants was nice and we had good servers. I just didn't feel like I got my money's worth overall. I'm chalking it up to us just not being "cruisers." We LOVED Castaway Cay (we were on a double dip) and are now looking to do a beach all-inclusive vacation next summer.

Did they just change the aquaduck height requirements? DD was around 42-43 inches and she rode with me.
No they changed it really early on. Like after the first few sailings. But smaller kids can ride with adults. My Daughter had to ride with an adult. Well actually I think it's a certain age and over a certain height.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #18
makunc1
Earning My Ears

So aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?
makunc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #19
bucky1023
DIS Veteran

That is too bad that you didn't enjoy your trip. My family was on the Dream back in August of last year and found many things to do on the ship for adults and kids.

We learned how to draw characters, played bingo, played multiple trivia games (Disney, music etc), learned the art of towel animals, met tons of characters around the whole ship, comedy, family karaoke, had the pool all to ourselves at 9am after going down the AquaDuck without a wait (on a sea day) and tons of other things that we just didn't have time to take in.

In the end we enjoyed it so much we will be on the Fantasy this year for a longer trip and can't wait!!

bucky1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #20
shezfrombermuda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4princes2princess View Post
This was our 3rd Disney cruise, first 2 were on the Wonder (once out of PC and once out of San Pedro). It was myself, my 23 year old daughter, 10 year old twins and an 8 year old. Husband had to stay home for health reasons. (cancer follow up with radiation)It took us 1.5 hours and 3 security lines(they kept moving us around) to just get on the boat. Once onboard, I knew to pack the swimsuits, so the kids could wait in line for the Aqua Duck. I was shocked that there is a height minimum of 54". So only two could ride if they were under this height. Fine, but they would not let my daughter wait in line for one of the twins to come back up. SO for her to ride, I would need to be with her (she is 53 inches), or she would have to wait for one of them to return. Wait time was 45 minutes,so total weight time would have been 1.5 hours!! I asked why can't she just wait for one of them to meet her at the top and they said it would not be fair to those who have waited in line, WHAT, she is waiting in line!!

I went to the customer service desk to complain, but they are FIRM on this issue. We also had issues with guests leaving laundry in machines for over 2 hours, broken machines, etc...

Our meals were just OK. I expected more. Waiter said he does not smile because he does not want to be fake, he is not happy. We received below standard service and all nights. He would not let us order off the kids menus if we were an adult. No changes to anything. Just crazy! Assistant server was great however. Always had a game to play with the kids at the table with the crayons.

Very crowded. 4,000 on the boat is just too many. It took 20+ minutes every time I wanted to get my kids in or out of kids club. They would not allow two adults to get the 3 kids to make it faster. It was a nightmare. Kids seemed to have liked it though.Never saw Kids club come into the dining room to get the kids, since we had late dinner. Kids birthday cake came after we were walking out ( I paid $33 for this).

I am most disappointed in the lack of entertainment for the adults and the kids. There was NO show in the dining rooms, NO show for the kids to perform, NO t-shirts or pillowcases for the kids to decorate, movies were all at weird times with many conflicts with dinner or shore excursions.

Almost all of the adult events on the navigator were either music or alcohol related. I don't drink!! So basically we were bored the whole time. My husband is retired military, so this trip was very expensive for us to manage. My kids had to give up, Christmas and birthday gifts as well as a party. We were told by former Disney Magic crew members that they no longer do dinner shows. Bummer cause my kids loved them!

Room steward was great. Even decorated my room with birthday decorations when I had not paid for them and left extra chocolates when my daughter asked for more (extra tip for him!)

There were NO characters in the dining rooms EVER! So we did not buy 1 single picture from the boat (saved money there), but I did buy special coordinating outfits, so we could have a new picture of the kids.

**Bonus from the Dream- My kids got the flu while on the boat. Confirmed 6 hours after we got off the boat.Thanks Disney! This set me back another $100 in copays and meds.

Did anyone else go on the Dream and have the same lack of amenities as we did or poor service?? I just don't know what to do at this point.

Sorry you had a bad trip!

I am just wondering if they gave you an explanation about why it took so long to get on the ship?

Did you talk to the head server about why you couldn't get child meals? My mom eats quite often from the child's menu and never had a problem.

The only problem we had on our last 4 night cruise was there wasn't enough time for all the activities.
Pop Century 2008, 2011, Caribbean Beach 1988, Port Orleans Riverside 2005, Polynesian 2009, Beach Club 2005, 2008, Beach Club Villas 2011, Animal Kingdom Kidani 2013, Disney Magic 2004, Disney Wonder 2008, Disney Dream 2013
shezfrombermuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:08 PM   #21
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Quote:
Originally Posted by makunc1 View Post
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #22
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by makunc1 View Post
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #23
AussieMice
Earning My Ears

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time I'm on the dream in a few weeks I hope my experience is a little better
AussieMice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: