Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 43,241

HRH: self-park vs valet

As our trip rapidly approaches, I am remembering discussions about Valet parking at the onsite resorts, but I haven't been able to find the threads I thought I read.

I would have sworn that one thread said you can text Valet and they'll bring the car around? Did I make that up? If it's true, is that at HRH?

Basically...someone sell me on Valet at HRH. Or tell me it's ridiculous to even think about. Either one.



LOL...I got the "your trip is approaching" email from them, and it started with "DUDE" and told me how I'd get to stay like a rock star...obviously that's going to my head if I am thinking of using Valet!
__________________

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
stormer
DIS Veteran
 
stormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 2,535

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
As our trip rapidly approaches, I am remembering discussions about Valet parking at the onsite resorts, but I haven't been able to find the threads I thought I read.

I would have sworn that one thread said you can text Valet and they'll bring the car around? Did I make that up? If it's true, is that at HRH?

Basically...someone sell me on Valet at HRH. Or tell me it's ridiculous to even think about. Either one.



LOL...I got the "your trip is approaching" email from them, and it started with "DUDE" and told me how I'd get to stay like a rock star...obviously that's going to my head if I am thinking of using Valet!
Yes, you can text the valet at HRH. We did it this past August.
__________________
October 1994 Port Orleans / October 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / October 1999 Off site / October 2004 Contemporary Resort / October 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / August 2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ October 2008 Old Key West / February 2009 Polynesian Resort / August 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / August 2010 Bay Lake Tower / February 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / August 2011 Boardwalk Villas / August 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ February 2013 Coronado Springs / August 2013 Boardwalk Villas / February 2014 Coronado Springs
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
francie57
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,974

For us its valet parking at HRH and Disney. My theory is I'm on vacation and I don't want to have to find a parking space and walk up to the resort. I want the car unloaded, parked and then brought back when I need and have it either be nice and cool or warm depending on the time of year. I just figure the fees/tips into the budget and then don't give it another thought. Just a nice perk of being on vacation.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran
 
bumbershoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tacoma WA
Posts: 43,241

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
Yes, you can text the valet at HRH. We did it this past August.
Oooooh.


Quote:
Originally Posted by francie57 View Post
For us its valet parking at HRH and Disney. My theory is I'm on vacation and I don't want to have to find a parking space and walk up to the resort. I want the car unloaded, parked and then brought back when I need and have it either be nice and cool or warm depending on the time of year. I just figure the fees/tips into the budget and then don't give it another thought. Just a nice perk of being on vacation.
We've resisted the siren call of valet at Disney, not sure why. I think it's because it's such a distance between the cost of it and *zero*, know what I mean? But with Universal the difference is a lot less.

I've been tossing more and more into our budgets for tips and parking fees (at Universal at least), which makes the whole thing much less painful, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to do it with WDW yet!
__________________

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.