Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #3376
Teddie
Earning My Ears

Thanks Andre!

Thanks for all the pool info Andre! we are really looking forward to some fun in the sun even if it seems chilly to some!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #3377
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

Pixie dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaON View Post
So, I sent my fax as directed on Tues, but I didn't hear anything back. Should I still checkin online or just wait in line when we get to POR? We are arriving in POR Sat around 11AM.
Great news! I have confirmed that we received our room requests. A GIANT thank you to Vernomhatch for all of his help.

Lesson--even if you don't receive a reply, your requests may still be magically answered.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #3378
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
On it... Check your PM box in 5 mins.
Thank you so much for your help, Venom, once again! Room request is in, packing is underway, food options are printed out and loose itineraries are set! And next time I'm not telling my kids until the day we leave - it's ALL they are talking about! The very first thing they want to do is swim at Ol' Man Island!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 02-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #3379
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Any adult in the party can check you in - but if you have a credit card set up for charging, I would think that person would need to be present.
Hmmm. You make an interesting point Andre. I did online check in already and put MY credit card on the account. We share the card but each have a different number.
I guess I will see when we get there. We may just have to putter around the giftshop until the other one gets there. Not a big worry either way
Old 02-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #3380
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn

I see you already got your answer to the fax number, but I just wanted to say ENJOY your MK photo shoot! We got married at the Wedding Pavilion in July of 2007 (did a dessert party like you as well,) and did our MK photo shoot during our honeymoon. It was the most amazing experience of our lives to go in through the "back door" to the MK and literally be in the park almost alone (except for some workers who were cleaning.) Enjoy every second of it! It's totally worth getting up at 4am for hair and makeup, ha!
Awwwww thanks so much!! Yes we got married on 12/8/12 and tried to do it during our honeymoon as well but they were blocked out from Nov till mid Jan. We originally didn't know if we could afford it but it turned out ok and we booked it pretty fast. I know! I'm so excited to be in MK almost alone taking pictures next to the castle and I'm excited to be able to wear my dress again. I warned my husband that I just may shed a tear being able to do these pictures.

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
Old 02-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #3381
mom2princesses2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
Ok I guess I didn't word this right?
Could you please tell me what kind of weather you are experiencing at WDW right now, I know it can change but I just need a generalized feel so I can start packing for our upcoming trip? Should I pack shorts a jacket for mornings and evenings? Is it cool at night? Or should I skip shorts and just go w pants all day/all night? Thank you for any input!
Hi there! Have been here since yesterday. If you are from a colder climate, you should be fine with shorts or capris with a shirt and sweatshirt during the day and jeans at night, especially if at EPCOT, seeing FANTASMIC!, or being along water. We just had the two coolest nights/mornings expected of an 8-night trip we were at EPCOT until 11 tonight and my DDs and I were fine in jeans, long-sleeve Ts and sweatshirts/light fleeces. My DH was fine in shorts and a long-sleeve button-down shirt. I packed lots of capris and I think for the rest of our stay, they will be fine morning to night with the fleece for the chillier spots.

Hope that helps! To us Northerns, this weather is perfect!!!
Disneyland ~ July 2013/ Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) ~ Feb. 2013 (DD's 5th & my 41st Birthdays) / Coronado Springs Resort ~ Nov. 2011 (DH's 43rd Birthday & MVMCP)/ Wilderness Lodge ~ Sept. 2010 (DD's 8th Birthday & MNSSHP) / Pop Century ~ Dec. 2006 (10th Wedding Anniversary & MVMCP) / Dixie Landings ~ Oct. 2000 (MNSSHP) / Dixie Landings ~ May 1994 / Non-property WDW visits ~ 1980 & 1985
Old 02-02-2013, 03:13 AM   #3382
kccne
Earning My Ears

I've looked at the map but I'm still not sure exactly, but what rooms are closest to the food court and to the bus depot? We have 2 small kids and we wont be exploring the resort too much anyways. Rather be close to the main stuff. Thx

ME (28) DW (22) DS (8) DS (4) DS (2)
Old 02-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #3383
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccne View Post
I've looked at the map but I'm still not sure exactly, but what rooms are closest to the food court and to the bus depot? We have 2 small kids and we wont be exploring the resort too much anyways. Rather be close to the main stuff. Thx
Alligator Bayou building 14 (a 'preferred location' booking) is the closest. The mansion buildings are quite big and spread out, but some of the wing-end rooms in Magnolia Terrace and some in Acadian House are pretty close too (via the bridge across Ol' Man Island). If you want AB with a non-preferred booking, 16 and 17 are your best options.

However as there are so many alternatives which might work for you, you are probably better asking for what you want (i.e. "close to food court and bus stop as we have small children") rather than asking for a building number as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Hmmm. You make an interesting point Andre. I did online check in already and put MY credit card on the account. We share the card but each have a different number.
If both cards come from the same account you only need to register one of them and you'll both be able to use it with your keycards, as long as you both know the PIN you will be asked to create. You'll be fine to check in on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Where is the best place to rent a car for one day when staying at Riverside? We would need to be picked up by a shuttle and taken to rental place or is there a place in Downtown Disney that is a very easy and quick walk from where the boat takes drops you off from POR? Other ideas? Would Car Care Center be better?
We have used Dollar in the past. They are located at the Wyndham on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, right next to Downtown Disney (just opposite the Rainforest Cafe / DTD bus station area, it's the first hotel you come to on the left-hand side). Take the boat to DTD and walk over the road to the hotel to collect your car, and drop back the same way the next day. But most of the majors are on-site at WDW somewhere.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #3384
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Could anyone on-site at the moment confirm the current SSID (i.e. access point name) for the free wi-fi service at the resort? I've just read that in-room Wi-Fi is now meant to be "In-room Guest WiFi (Disney)" and public space Wi-Fi (presumably for the parks too?) is now "Public Space Guest WiFi (Disney)".

It also says that the speed should be 3Mbps per user, which is much faster than room wi-fi tested when I tried it last (although it seems about right for the parks). The site www.speedtest.net can check access speeds (they also have iOS/Android apps).

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #3385
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2princesses2

Hi there! Have been here since yesterday. If you are from a colder climate, you should be fine with shorts or capris with a shirt and sweatshirt during the day and jeans at night, especially if at EPCOT, seeing FANTASMIC!, or being along water. We just had the two coolest nights/mornings expected of an 8-night trip we were at EPCOT until 11 tonight and my DDs and I were fine in jeans, long-sleeve Ts and sweatshirts/light fleeces. My DH was fine in shorts and a long-sleeve button-down shirt. I packed lots of capris and I think for the rest of our stay, they will be fine morning to night with the fleece for the chillier spots.

Hope that helps! To us Northerns, this weather is perfect!!!
Thanks! I was hoping to be able to wear shorts, my husband is particularly comfortable in shorts and a long sleeve shirt, I am fine in capris and my son is better in shorts and a fleece than jeans. I like to wear cardigans w shorts or capris, which keeps me comfortable when it's chillier in am and at night! Thank you for that info! I will begin packing today!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #3386
kandim
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley
Could anyone on-site at the moment confirm the current SSID (i.e. access point name) for the free wi-fi service at the resort? I've just read that in-room Wi-Fi is now meant to be "In-room Guest WiFi (Disney)" and public space Wi-Fi (presumably for the parks too?) is now "Public Space Guest WiFi (Disney)".

Andre
In room now, speed test was 2.79mbps. you are correct with SSID for in room. When I was in park yesterday I checked on iPhone & seem to recall public space guest was their wifi. We have iPad, laptop & phones & have no problem. My daughter is taking an online course which has her working even on vacation & wifi is working great.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #3387
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Our flight is scheduled to land at MCO at around 10am Sunday morning. Is it safe to assume we'll get to POR around 11 (using Magical Express)?
We landed at 10:20 (Air Tran), did not have to wait in ME line got right onto a bus which leftg in 10 minutes and we arrived at 11:45am. We were impressed to say the least.

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
POP JANUARY 2015 POP MAY 2015 WBC OCTOBER 2015
Old 02-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #3388
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Thank you, Venom, for your fax template and fax assistance! I sent my request late last night and got a friendly email from David Elg just now. He honored all of our requests and more!

4 days!

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #3389
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

February 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules

The February 2013 Recreation Activities and Movie Schedules for Port Orleans Riverside are now available. See the main Recreation Activities Schedule page for a full-size PDF version, or click on the image below.

The outdoor movies will start at 7pm and the daily campfires commence at 5:30pm this month. And if youre going to be at Port Orleans for Mardi Gras, dont forget the special parade of decorated pargo carts which the cast members organise every year at 1:30pm on Tuesday 12 February.

Andre

Old 02-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #3390
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese View Post
Thank you, Venom, for your fax template and fax assistance! I sent my request late last night and got a friendly email from David Elg just now. He honored all of our requests and more!

4 days!
Glad to hear it! Have a magical visit!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: