Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #331
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungirl1 View Post
Where will the festival of the lion king show be and the charcaters be from Camp Minnie Mickey because I know you guys are going to build the Avtar land but where are you guys going to put the lion king show at Disney Animal Kingdom and also will the lion king show be like the one in Hong Kong Disneyland or the same?
Jambo!

Festival of the Lion King if moved will likely move to Africa. That seems to be the most likely rumor although I have heard over by Rafiki's Planet Watch too. and yes its similar to the one at Hong Kong

The store, Beastly Bazaar that was located on Discovery Island has been closed for several months. Disney has announced that it is being retooled into a character meet and greet experience.

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #332
Mickey 2013
Earning My Ears

Festival of the Lion King to close in January

I am going in November,so I will go see it for sure.Sad news they are getting rid of it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 03:36 PM   #333
rdhshady3
Earning My Ears

This is sad news!! My children love that show. There are others that they should eliminate before this one!
rdhshady3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #334
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride View Post
Jambo!

Festival of the Lion King if moved will likely move to Africa. That seems to be the most likely rumor although I have heard over by Rafiki's Planet Watch too. and yes its similar to the one at Hong Kong

The store, Beastly Bazaar that was located on Discovery Island has been closed for several months. Disney has announced that it is being retooled into a character meet and greet experience.
The plans Disney has filed with the South Florida Water Management district clearly show it moving to Africa.
DanBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #335
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
The plans Disney has filed with the South Florida Water Management district clearly show it moving to Africa.
If those plans are to be believed then yes. That appears to be true. Disney has not officially announced it though. Nor have they even announced Avatarland will be there

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 01-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #336
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey 2013 View Post
I am going in November,so I will go see it for sure.Sad news they are getting rid of it.
There is zero reason to be believe they are getting rid of the show

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 01-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #337
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcBride View Post
If those plans are to be believed then yes. That appears to be true. Disney has not officially announced it though. Nor have they even announced Avatarland will be there
I don't know why Disney would file fake plans with a government agency? Based on these plans there is no doubt that they are planning to move FOTLK to Africa, of course that doesn't necessarily mean they will follow through with the plan.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #338
KaylaSue22
Earning My Ears

I really hope the just move it and don't get rid of it! It is my favorite Disney parks show!!!
KaylaSue22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #339
MJMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaSue22
I really hope the just move it and don't get rid of it! It is my favorite Disney parks show!!!
Every rumor has it moving not closing permanently

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #340
heatherskiba
Earning My Ears

Still open?

So we will he in Animal Kingdom a week from Saturday on 2/10. Please tell me it will still be open then!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #341
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherskiba View Post
So we will he in Animal Kingdom a week from Saturday on 2/10. Please tell me it will still be open then!!!
There has been no official announcement of a closing so I will very likely be open when you go.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #342
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoris View Post
I don't know why Disney would file fake plans with a government agency? Based on these plans there is no doubt that they are planning to move FOTLK to Africa, of course that doesn't necessarily mean they will follow through with the plan.
There are no reasons to lie to the water management district...

The plans filed with water management from the RCID are best public option to see "behind the curtain" at WDW.

the property is governed as a water management zone...which means they have to play by the rules in the doing their construction activities. The Fla legislature exempted Reedy Creek and Lake Buena Vista from most requirements by special law in 1966...this one is not one of the exceptions.

To give examples...when the plans from water management leaked about Bay Lake Tower...it was built EXACTLY as it had been submitted.
When the plans for the DVC at Grand Floridian showed up on the internet - the current construction is EXACTLY the same.

So if they put in a plan to rebuild a theater in Africa - then the show is a-goin' to Africa.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #343
DanBoris
DIS Veteran

Permit filed today for FastPass+ for FOTLK. This would seem to indicate that it will be around for a while in it's current location.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/eagle...=DOC1098S10542
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #344
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

This is is my absolute favorite show in all of WDW! I surely hope it is there in some sort in December when we visit!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #345
mduncan1
Mouseketeer

We got our 2013 Disney planning DVD today and they went park through park describing what not to miss and the FOTLK wasnt mentioned at all. I was surprised since it was so popular and they mentioned Finding Nemo. Im hoping they still keep it running while they are building the new site so we can still see it on our trip in May.
mduncan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: