Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,512

Not sure how long it take to repaint all the buses like this but it looks nice. They needed a change especially since their getting new articulated buses that look better with this paint job.


http://instagram.com/p/VIhZwhJLos/
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by disney david; 01-30-2013 at 10:19 PM.
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,131

Oh very updated. I can't recall them ever being updated before, so this is nice. I like.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
I Love Pluto
DIS Veteran
I guess that makes me a kiddie song expert.
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bensalem, PA
Posts: 3,958

I like the "new" bus!

What is an articulated bus? Thanks!
__________________
Pop, POFQ, & POR
I Love Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
utterrandomness
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love Pluto View Post
I like the "new" bus!

What is an articulated bus? Thanks!
An articulated bus is one of the double length ones that look like an accordion in the middle.
utterrandomness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:53 AM   #5
utterrandomness
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 161

That is a really nice design, it's so classy.
utterrandomness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,512

Their adding bus stops to mk and making stops that can fits the articulated bus since they have three sets of doors. It a nice color it matches the driver uniform but going from a white bus to a his with color I am sure will take some time to get use to.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #7
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.
 
sharadoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Limerick, PA
Posts: 6,518

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl View Post
Oh very updated. I can't recall them ever being updated before, so this is nice. I like.
They used to be brown and orange stripes on a white background. The current design has been around for close to 20 years but is not the first. The first ones were REALLY dull LOL.
__________________
DH (Mike) & Me (Sharon) DS Shawn (19,ASD) DD Lauren (13) Daisy



Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,131

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
They used to be brown and orange stripes on a white background. The current design has been around for close to 20 years but is not the first. The first ones were REALLY dull LOL.
ahhh yes, thanks for THAT memory.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #9
Rekenna
DIS Veteran
 
Rekenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Zombie Falls, KY
Posts: 947

Cool

Well, it looks nice and new-although, not very exciting...can't they put some Mickey ears on it or something?
Rekenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #10
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david
Their adding bus stops to mk and making stops that can fits the articulated bus since they have three sets of doors. It a nice color it matches the driver uniform but going from a white bus to a his with color I am sure will take some time to get use to.
But the irony to that is a couple of the Bus Drivers I was talking to told me that they are getting new uniforms!!! I often 'tease' about how I miss the purple pants! And wish they would bring them back and many drivers say they liked them much better than the current ones as these are wool and very hot and heavier. This time the 'purple' came up because my trip was just around the Ravens winning a spot to the Superbowl and I am from MD and when they asked the traditional 'where are you from...' while they are loading you... and then the whole Ravens thing. Well it just evolved into a purple discussion. LOL
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:21 AM   #11
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

I like the new bus!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #12
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

But the irony to that is a couple of the Bus Drivers I was talking to told me that they are getting new uniforms!!! I often 'tease' about how I miss the purple pants! And wish they would bring them back and many drivers say they liked them much better than the current ones as these are wool and very hot and heavier. This time the 'purple' came up because my trip was just around the Ravens winning a spot to the Superbowl and I am from MD and when they asked the traditional 'where are you from...' while they are loading you... and then the whole Ravens thing. Well it just evolved into a purple discussion. LOL
Oh they must complain and Disney listening when they got the new uniform I talked to a driver on the dis. Told him I am sure he was happy to get rid of the purple then he told me their not as bad as when they had the brown uniforms. They didn't like the new hat either that why most chose to wear a white hat he liked my idea of a hat that had all the buses Disney used like a time line. I wonder what the new ones will look like I also suggested they get shirts but he said no they shouldn't.

I also think they should paint each bus different color strip like monorail or nova one color gillig another color and the articulated a different color.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #13
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,512

I think Disney painted it to make it more safe at night because looking online at some night shots and the red pops out so you see it more. So I wondering if they had to make it more visible which if they did that good. Anyway they could make the roads safer and the buses safer I good with he new paint scheme. I just read on another site they did put red vinyl reflective paint on the buses to improve the safety for the cms and guests it will also match the new uniforms their rolling out soon. they should have all the bus repainted by the summer.
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by disney david; 02-01-2013 at 06:24 PM.
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?
 
buffettgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: GreatWoods parking lot.
Posts: 3,131

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
I think Disney painted it to make it more safe at night because looking online at some night shots and the red pops out so you see it more. So I wondering if they had to make it more visible which if they did that good. Anyway they could make the roads safer and the buses safer I good with he new paint scheme. I just read on another site they did put red vinyl reflective paint on the buses to improve the safety for the cms and guests it will also match the new uniforms their rolling out soon. they should have all the bus repainted by the summer.
Red is one of the least visible colors at night, one of the reasons why they tried to change fire trucks to yellow many years back. It has to do with the part of your eye which sees in low light being least sensitive to red. I think the red is probably asthetics only, which is why they especially need the relective tape.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #15
disney david
DIS Veteran
 
disney david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hartsdale, ny
Posts: 3,512

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettgirl

Red is one of the least visible colors at night, one of the reasons why they tried to change fire trucks to yellow many years back. It has to do with the part of your eye which sees in low light being least sensitive to red. I think the red is probably asthetics only, which is why they especially need the relective tape.
It red vinyl reflective paint the pic they have at night With the flash you see the red stand out even the tansport part in red bright then the Disney part. Your right my fire depart a lime green and they stand out more the other departments that are red. The red as you said is covering the reflective during the day they need a color that would interfere with the reflective but also not make it stand out during the day.


http://community.babycenter.com/post...new_paint_jobs
__________________
www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.