Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
scchristo
Earning My Ears

First Post/Question about Raglan Road

Hello everyone! I have been lurking on this site for about a month but this is my FIRST post. Therefore, I apologize if this has been answered before...
Are reservations "needed" for Raglan Road? This is our second trip to WDW and am unfamiliar if the restaurants at DTD are as "booked" in the same way as the TS restaurants in the parks or resorts. Thanks for the information in advance!
scchristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
owl0306
Mouseketeer

if you do during a slow period you can probably be a walk up but the place gets busy and i would get adr's
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
karen l
DIS Veteran

hi, are you going for lunch or dinner? it really depends on when you're going ie is it school vacation week or a holiday? You probably wouldn't need it for lunch. We always make a reservation if it's a restaurant we don't want to miss. You could always go online & check to see if there are any available reservations.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
scchristo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by owl0306
if you do during a slow period you can probably be a walk up but the place gets busy and i would get adr's
That's what I thought. I wanted to be "prepared for rejection" if we don't make concrete plans and decided to try a "walk up" ! Thanks!
11/2013 - POP - Coming soon!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
scchristo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen l
hi, are you going for lunch or dinner? it really depends on when you're going ie is it school vacation week or a holiday? You probably wouldn't need it for lunch. We always make a reservation if it's a restaurant we don't want to miss. You could always go online & check to see if there are any available reservations.
I was fooling around today online. We "think" we are going to DTD on our arrival day but DH doesn't want to be "stressed out" by too many ADRs !
11/2013 - POP - Coming soon!

Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
doug74
Mouseketeer

We had a reservation, and we were glad of it.. Whole DTD was packed (sat)!

It's a great place.. Good food, entertainment.. We were there at 7:30, and that was good timing in terms of nightly entertainment..
doug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #7
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Depends. I have personally seen Raglan Road turn people away, 2+ hour waits, and 30 minute waits. It just depends when the trip is, what time it is, what day it is, and any other number of variables.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
Linleedo
Mouseketeer

Downtown Disney is very busy on Saturdays. It was wall to wall people.So, be prepared around dinner time. It was packed.
Linleedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #9
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

We went on a week night in early October - ie not a busy time - and Raglan Road was PACKED. We had an ADR and waited 30 minutes past time to be seated.
I would make an ADR if you really want to eat there. You can always cancel, but you can not always get in in a reasonable time.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scchristo View Post
Hello everyone! I have been lurking on this site for about a month but this is my FIRST post. Therefore, I apologize if this has been answered before...
Are reservations "needed" for Raglan Road? This is our second trip to WDW and am unfamiliar if the restaurants at DTD are as "booked" in the same way as the TS restaurants in the parks or resorts. Thanks for the information in advance!
We just made an ADR for a Sat night in march--- got the time that we wanted, but there werent that many times available---
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: