Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #2236
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Phew finally Im all caught up on everything. Just wanted to say a big thank-you to everyone who contributes positively to this thread You have cheered me up manys a time and given me some priceless info along the way

Just to add I'm not form Boston and have never, ever eaten lobster but I would so like to go to that goodvibes

Thanks again everyone
Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #2237
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
If it wasn't for this amazing thread, I wouldn't have known what I am going to eat and drink by the pool in May!! OMG that Lobster roll looks sooooo good!!
Our days overlap I believe, see you around HH, I'll be perched with the super secret Sunken Treasure drink.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #2238
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Phew finally Im all caught up on everything. Just wanted to say a big thank-you to everyone who contributes positively to this thread You have cheered me up manys a time and given me some priceless info along the way

Just to add I'm not form Boston and have never, ever eaten lobster but I would so like to go to that goodvibes

Thanks again everyone
You've never had lobster? Ever?? Order up, STAT! LOL. Well it's obvious what you need to do, book the first flight out to the BC/YC and dive into some. (Although, Cape Cod or Maine is REALLY the place to go for fresh from the ocean seafood!)

Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #2239
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA
Ate dinner at Captains Grill last night, enjoyed the NY strip steak better than Yachtsmans! DD had the crab legs and those were cooked perfectly. DS - he fell asleep on the table. literally.
This morning breakfast is at Captains Grill. Love my lounge oatmeal but looking forward to the Grill's breakfast!.

Hahaha!!! My DS and DD did the same thing too but at Le Cellier in 2010. We ordered and they fell fast asleep in the booth!! We had tickets for Candlelight too!!!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 02-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #2240
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph

Good luck.

Will you be there all weekend?
Thank you!!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #2241
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Im at Sab now. Need lunch but afraid of lobster roll because lobster salad in lounge was awful last night.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #2242
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

I had two of the lobster salad apps at YC lounge last night, one was excellent had the claw meat , second was not so good. Maybe that's why the lobster meat on the roll was lacking in comparison to shrimp and scallops. Either way enjoy Sab today. I'm at nemo all day!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #2243
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA
I had two of the lobster salad apps at YC lounge last night, one was excellent had the claw meat , second was not so good. Maybe that's why the lobster meat on the roll was lacking in comparison to shrimp and scallops. Either way enjoy Sab today. I'm at nemo all day!
Thanks!! Have fun at Nemo!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #2244
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I don't know about the Boardwalk entertainment schedule. I'm sure if you ask our cousins on the Boardwalk thread they will know...

BUT!

Don't be sad, You get Yee Ha Bob on Saturday!

* Yee Ha Bob's schedule: Wednesday to Saturdays 8(30??)-midnight @ the River Roost Lounge. Get there at 8 to get a table.

(you know who I'm talking about... right??)

~NM
I do now after reading the link. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yup. From the Boardwalk Thread.

BOARDWALK BUSKERS are an assortment of live entertainers who perform from 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM Thursday-Saturdays outdoors on the BoardWalk. Observe sword swallowers, jugglers, magicians and strolling musicians.
Hmm, well that is a little bit of a bummer. I guess we'll just have to plan on walking the boardwalk on Thursday. Thanks!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #2245
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Club Level

Man, you guys are really killing me with all the talk about Club Level. I just figured out our taxes and as we are getting more back than expected I'm now thinking maybe just maybe I'll look into upgrading. Mind you just going Deluxe is HUGE for us.

I wasn't even considering it until reading some reviews of people with food allergies and the lengths the chefs went to in order to make sure they still had adequate food if they couldn't eat the normal selections in the lounge. Which is awesome because otherwise myself or my 4 year old wouldn't be able to eat much of their offerings.

So, what I'm wondering now is does Club Level generally fill up? I'm not quite convinced about spending the extra money. We will be there the 3rd week of May. I'm just curious if there is normally availability or if they book up so I know how soon I should be making this decision.

Of course DH might kill me if I spend all that money on Club Level and still make him drive from NJ to FL!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #2246
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Just realized we dropped into "double digits today" on our countdown!

99 'bottles' Sunken Treasure on the wall, 99 bottles of Sunkeeennn Treaasureee....
Take one down and pass it around.....

Hehehehe.

Hmmm...will we be there at the same time??? May 15 - 20 here!

Sorry I just saw your response...I hope we do see eachother!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #2247
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis703 View Post
Man, you guys are really killing me with all the talk about Club Level. I just figured out our taxes and as we are getting more back than expected I'm now thinking maybe just maybe I'll look into upgrading. Mind you just going Deluxe is HUGE for us.

I wasn't even considering it until reading some reviews of people with food allergies and the lengths the chefs went to in order to make sure they still had adequate food if they couldn't eat the normal selections in the lounge. Which is awesome because otherwise myself or my 4 year old wouldn't be able to eat much of their offerings.

So, what I'm wondering now is does Club Level generally fill up? I'm not quite convinced about spending the extra money. We will be there the 3rd week of May. I'm just curious if there is normally availability or if they book up so I know how soon I should be making this decision.

Of course DH might kill me if I spend all that money on Club Level and still make him drive from NJ to FL!
We may cross paths too...especially if you do CL!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #2248
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

I may never leave SAB this year - lobster/shrimp rolls and sunken treasures!!!

If they added key lime pie and the grand marnier slushy it would be a done deal!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #2249
Dis703
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
We may cross paths too...especially if you do CL!
Nice! I can't even believe I'm considering club level, this is soooooo unlike me. I'm multiplying my normal hotel budget by over four times, yikes! But we never pamper ourselves, EVER. It's our 13th anniversary and we've also never done anything big to celebrate an anniversary. I go back to work in July after a 2 year maternity leave and I want to have a big exciting trip to Disney and just really enjoy the time with my family. So, I'm considering it.

Have you stayed CL there before?

Heather

Old 02-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #2250
lobsterslayer
Earning My Ears

First visit to Beach Club

Hi everybody. My family and I will be staying at the BC April 9 through April 18. To say we are excited would be an understatement. We originally were going to do a split stay 5 nights CSR with a meal plan 4 nights BC, but with the spring offer 9 nights at BC with no meal plan was only a little over $700 more. BC was where we all really wanted to stay + my DW really hated the meal plan anyway, sometimes we would rather have an appetizer and although I do love dessert I probably shouldn't have one with every meal. We also get water view rooms with this package. I have been lurking on this thread for awhile and would like to thank everyone for all the great info. The first thing I'm giong to do after check in is change in to my swim trunks go to Hurricane Hanna's and order a sunken treasure, I'm sure DW will be in line right behind me. Oh yea, btw the lobster rolls look ok, but if you want to try the best lobster in the world come to Maine in the summer or fall. If you're wondering how I know, it's because I'm a lobster fisherman from Maine.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: