Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
WonkaKid
Mouseketeer

My fifth (and final) Disney park

Folks, I've been to four of the five Disney parks in the world. The one remaining park is HK. Well: I leave for Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam and Hong Kong tomorrow evening. I'll be overseas for a month. I'll end my trip in HK. Unfortunately, I'll only be there for two days. However, I'm going to make a best-efforts attempt to visit HK DL while there. My ex GF moved there about six months ago and I'm going mainly to visit her. It's going to take some very fast talking to get her to go. I can't see myself being back there anytime soon so I'd really like to make it there this time. Wish me luck!

Also: any HK DL tips?

Rob
WonkaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

Here is the link to the page focusing on Hong Kong... http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=179
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Good luck!!! I hope you get to go...and have fun with your ex gf, too! Be sure to give us a report when you get back.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
islands62
Earning My Ears

Did you think Disneyland Paris was completely awful or is it just me? A lot of folks have told me I should go to Tokyo Disneyland, but after my experience in France I am a little gunshy about traveling to a non-US Disney park.
islands62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #5
WonkaKid
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by islands62 View Post
Did you think Disneyland Paris was completely awful or is it just me? A lot of folks have told me I should go to Tokyo Disneyland, but after my experience in France I am a little gunshy about traveling to a non-US Disney park.
Completely agree. Didn't get a good vibe from DL Paris. Didn't feel like a Disney park, for some reason.

Now: DL Tokyo is another matter. Really liked that one. Don't miss it. I've only been once. That time the park closed at 10:00. After 9:00 it was like I had the run of the park.

Fun fact about DL Tokyo. Their most popular snack? Curried popcorn. The line was super long.

Rob
Old 01-01-2013, 09:44 PM   #6
Meriweather
Maybe we will have an arrival or two today
Time to share your chocolate!

Haven't been, but DH has been to Hong Kong......found it to be a half day park. Still lots that needs to be added there.
He did have fun on the Jungle Cruise by going on the Mandarin version instead of the English one.
Have fun!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #7
WonkaKid
Mouseketeer

Yup -- was able to make it to HK DL. I've now been to all of the Disney parks. Woo hoo!

HL DK falls fourth on my list of Disney parks. I liked it better than DL Paris but its Fantasyland left something to be desired. I mean, how can you have a DL without Peter Pan. Also, there's no POTC or HM (although their version of HM is coming soon). I was able to swipe a few pics of it from Grizzly Gulch, if anyone is interested.

I'll be in LA next week and will almost certainly get to the real DL to make up for this one :-).

The rest of my trip was awesome, BTW! Got to Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam. Never saw more motorcycles in my life than in VN. Crazy.

Rob

Last edited by WonkaKid; 02-05-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: