Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #331
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygranny View Post
Our door (6588) will be decorated. I think my DIL is making something again. She made several for my last cruise.
I would like join in the Roaming Mickey. Sounds like fun.
Also, how do I download the design for the lanyard?
After this cruise, I will finally be Gold!

Sandra
I knew I forgot to answer something Sandra if you are having problems with download I can help you with name tags for lanyards. I'm done with several of them so I have some extra time and I can print it out for you if you wish and deliver to you at DIS meet or to your stateroom Please send me PM which design, will you have vertical or horizontal clear pouch (CC club lanyard pouch is horizontal) and names, DIS names.....

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #332
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
I knew I forgot to answer something Sandra if you are having problems with download I can help you with name tags for lanyards. I'm done with several of them so I have some extra time and I can print it out for you if you wish and deliver to you at DIS meet or to your stateroom Please send me PM which design, will you have vertical or horizontal clear pouch (CC club lanyard pouch is horizontal) and names, DIS names.....
Sorry I'm out of the loop, but is everyone printing their own lanyard insert & just using their Castaway Club one? On previous cruises some kind soul has ordered lanyards & done the printing, but I TOTALLY get it if having everyone do their own was the idea....just let me know!

Also, does anyone know which days are formal days on the itinerary?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #333
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
Jackson's grammie called DCL and was told:

May 8th: Formal
May 13th: Semi-Formal
May 14th: Pirate
May 18th: Formal

Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #334
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry I'm out of the loop, but is everyone printing their own lanyard insert & just using their Castaway Club one? On previous cruises some kind soul has ordered lanyards & done the printing, but I TOTALLY get it if having everyone do their own was the idea....just let me know!

Nobody organized custom lanyards for this cruise, so I designed some Name tags for people to use and offered that I can print them out too. I can't print for whole ship, but I can do some. This is just Name Tag, I'm not offering pouches and lanyards.

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Old 02-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #335
Goofygranny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sandra...you want in for Roaming Mickey or Roaming Jessica Rabbit or both?
Just Roaming Mickey thanks.
Goofygranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #336
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nobody organized custom lanyards for this cruise, so I designed some Name tags for people to use and offered that I can print them out too. I can't print for whole ship, but I can do some. This is just Name Tag, I'm not offering pouches and lanyards.
Did you post the designs for the name tags - I think you did but the mind is definitely gone today and I can not remember where.
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #337
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crissup View Post
It's OK as long as it's an extra long tie.
Really. Extra long tie? What are you implying? Wouldn't a long tie suffice?
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #338
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:

It's also in the event calendar in the 2nd post on page 1

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #339
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson's grammie View Post
Did you post the designs for the name tags - I think you did but the mind is definitely gone today and I can not remember where.
You can find them here:
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...L/Name%20tags/

Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #340
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
It's also in the event calendar in the 2nd post on page 1
Thanks you guys!!

Quote:
I got it! I can print out my own thanks.
The 2 transatlantics we did there were people who ordered lanyards and did the name tags. I appreciated it but always thought that it must have been very stressful & a lot of work for those folks. This seems like a more easygoing way to do it.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 PM   #341
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks you guys!!

The 2 transatlantics we did there were people who ordered lanyards and did the name tags. I appreciated it but always thought that it must have been very stressful & a lot of work for those folks. This seems like a more easygoing way to do it.
Yes...we did them on Hawaiian cruise...I think it was 200-300 lanyards....can't imagine to print, cut and get them ready in those numbers

Old 02-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #342
roseburghughes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post
Are there plans to schedule private tasting(s) for our group? Can't wait 'til the 5th to book the extras!
I would be interested in group tastings

Looking forward to Feb 5th, also. We will be Gold after this cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastNovaks View Post
Also, is anyone interested in doing a stateroom crawl? Basically "tour" one of each kind of room. I've never seen an ocean view stateroom and I'm sure other people would like to see other kinds as well. Anyone on the thread have a suite?

We would enjoy the stateroom crawl, also. We did one on the 2010 WBTA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323 View Post
I have noticed on some of the longer cruises, people dress up for formal and semiformal nights. On our past longer cruises, Rich has worn a tux. He has a cute mickey cummerbund and tie. So what are the guys wearing for 1) Formal and 2) semiformal?
I do coat and tie for formal and Palo, no coat for semi-formal, and dockers and polo shirt for other dinners. My wife wears a nice dress for formal and semi-formal. We have Pirate outfits that DW made for Pirate night.
Quote:
So this is weird, but are we having the same conversation about formal/informal on the Facebook page? Either that or I'm having MAJOR deja vu.

Do you guys do door magnets? Its one of my favorite ways to prepare for a Disney cruise. I have a big Toy Story themed door, but now I'm thinking of making another door theme so I can switch it out since this cruise is a little longer.

cool!
Thanks for posting on DIS, don't like facebook.

We do door magnets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politzania View Post
I think I've got the rest of our travel plans taken care of!

We're flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Sunday the 5th & have a reservation at a Holiday Inn Express near that airport. We've got shuttle reservations with MJT transportation the next morning to get to the Port of Miami - hopefully around 11:30.

in LA - we're catching a Karmel Shuttle at 11:45 to SNA for our 3:05 flight. So - we can take our time getting off (being dragged off!) the ship and will have plenty of time to get to & then chill at the airport.

I guess the next step is start working on the FE's ... we're doing cabin gifts & maybe a few extras for the kids - depends on what I can find between now & then.
WOW! great job.

All I have done is; paid off cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post

Thanks for the info!

Quote:
[FONT="Century Gothic"]

We will print out our own nametags.

Can someone point me to an updated DIS rollcall? I checked the one on the original webpage site and find that it hasn't been updated with the new cruisers and many of the old cruisers who are no longer on this cruise are still on that list.

Disneyland:1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000, "Day of July 17, 2005", 2007, 2008, 2011
Walt Disney World: 1976, 1998, 2003, 2007, 2010
Disney Cruises:
December 2003 - 4 Night Bahamian
December 2007 - 7 Night Western Caribbean
September 2010 -14 Night WBTA Repositioning
September 2011 - 5 Night Vancouver to Los Angeles Repositioning
May 2013 - 14 Night WB Panama Canal Repositioning

roseburghughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 AM   #343
*tinker*bell*
Mouseketeer

We are down for shots around the ship, and depending on what the tasting is that too. Also I would enjoying to a stateroom crawl, and if whatever we end up in is needed, I'm willing to let people take a look, we are VGT though so we wont know exactly what it is until closer.

Is there any interest in a Secret Micky exchange? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times but nothing has been organized I don't mind organizing it although I haven't actually participated in one yet but it sounds like fun, also any interest in a recipe exchange or anything like that?

Super excited for the 5th!!!! Can't wait to book Palo brunch and I think we may do Dinner this time, might wait to schedule that on the ship to see which night is the Parrot Cay menu, I HATE that menu Need to get Pirate garb and finish booking things, two hotel nights, one here in Vancouver and one in fort Lauderdale/Miami (havent decided where) and then we are thinking of renting a car for the day in LA. *sigh* the list never seems to end although it helps keep me busy which I like. I also have a TON of stuff to do for the wedding, just finishing designing the invitations this weekend; then to teach myself how to emboss. Can't wait to board the ship get a drink and just relax in the SUN!!!!! ... it's rainy and grey here... typical Vancouver winter, but it's better than snow!

WDW '13 AKL w/ Mom '11 POP w/ BF -- '08 POFQ w/ Mom -- New Years '07 Off property w/ best friends family <grad trip>

DL --> '95 '97 '98 '01 '12 '13
DLP November '12
Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder 2011<Finished Chemo!>
Pacific Coast Repo Cruise 2012 <got engaged!> WBPC 2013 <Disneymoon!>
*tinker*bell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #344
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

As far as theme nights of, there might be a Mexican night and maybe a Tropical night too. They had a Tropical night on the 2008 PC we were on but I don't think they did on the 2011. So who knows? John will take his one and only Hawaiian type shirt just in case. He never wears it at any other time. Well they don't over here.

Mexican night many guys get the Guayabera type shirt which you can find cheapish on the internet. On the 2008 PC, my husband John and our table mate Richard(Mom323's other half) turned up in exactly the same ones and no doubt will again this time. I think she has already mentioned that. Lots of funny Mexican themed gear too and ladies in embroidered blouses and dresses. You can pick those up in Mexico at the ports too. There will probably be a Mexican band onboard then too for a show.

granmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #345
yukongirl123
DIS Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tinker*bell* View Post
We are down for shots around the ship, and depending on what the tasting is that too. Also I would enjoying to a stateroom crawl, and if whatever we end up in is needed, I'm willing to let people take a look, we are VGT though so we wont know exactly what it is until closer.

Is there any interest in a Secret Micky exchange? I've seen it mentioned a couple of times but nothing has been organized I don't mind organizing it although I haven't actually participated in one yet but it sounds like fun, also any interest in a recipe exchange or anything like that?

Super excited for the 5th!!!! Can't wait to book Palo brunch and I think we may do Dinner this time, might wait to schedule that on the ship to see which night is the Parrot Cay menu, I HATE that menu Need to get Pirate garb and finish booking things, two hotel nights, one here in Vancouver and one in fort Lauderdale/Miami (havent decided where) and then we are thinking of renting a car for the day in LA. *sigh* the list never seems to end although it helps keep me busy which I like. I also have a TON of stuff to do for the wedding, just finishing designing the invitations this weekend; then to teach myself how to emboss. Can't wait to board the ship get a drink and just relax in the SUN!!!!! ... it's rainy and grey here... typical Vancouver winter, but it's better than snow!
If you're organizing a Secret Mickey I would sign up my son...
Disney Wonder March 13-20, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Sept 20-Oct 2, 2011 Vancouver to LA Repo & Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder B2B Mar 4-11 & Mar 11-18, 2012 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Oct 14-28, 2012 Hawaii Disney Wonder May 6-20, 2013 Panama Canal Disney Wonder Sept 2-9, 2013 Alaska Disney Wonder May 5-17, 2014 Panama Canal
yukongirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: