Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
standardgirl
believing in magic

I can't express my excitement as we've wanted to go on an ABD trip for a few years now and have finally booked one for this Oct! Bad that the price has literally just gone up by $200pp so I'm kind of hitting myself for not booking earlier but oh well, we're going so I'm excited!

This is going to be a big Disney year for us! WDW for a week, followed by 7 nights on Fantansy and then the ABD trip to Peru! The best part is that it'll be my birthday while in Peru - does anyone know what ABD is able to if any for some special celebration?

Looking forward to meeting other travelers on this trip

2009 Bahamas Wonder | 2010 Mediterranean Magic | 2011 Alaska Wonder | 2012 Canada Magic | 2013 Western Fantasy
Tokyo x2 | California x2 | Florida WDW x6 | Hong Kong x1 | Paris Disneyland in planning

DCL - Please return back to Northern Europe!
wendy rich dale tinker dora | purring forever chip (2003-2007)
standardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

My son's birthday has fallen within 2 of our ABDs. The first time, they gave him a card, a pin, and a special dessert at dinner that evening. On our last trip, he and one of the adult travelers had the same birthday. They gave them both a card and pin while we were on the bus in route to our next destination and then we all sang happy birthday. It was nice, but they don't make a big fuss over birthdays from my experience. I didn't ask them to do anything special, so I don't know what the guides would do if you made some request.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
My son's birthday has fallen within 2 of our ABDs. The first time, they gave him a card, a pin, and a special dessert at dinner that evening. On our last trip, he and one of the adult travelers had the same birthday. They gave them both a card and pin while we were on the bus in route to our next destination and then we all sang happy birthday. It was nice, but they don't make a big fuss over birthdays from my experience. I didn't ask them to do anything special, so I don't know what the guides would do if you made some request.
This has been my experience, also. I had my Birthday during one of my ABDs (and will again this year!) and I got a card, a special Happy Birthday pin, and everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It was fun, but not a big fuss.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardgirl View Post
I can't express my excitement as we've wanted to go on an ABD trip for a few years now and have finally booked one for this Oct! Bad that the price has literally just gone up by $200pp so I'm kind of hitting myself for not booking earlier but oh well, we're going so I'm excited!

This is going to be a big Disney year for us! WDW for a week, followed by 7 nights on Fantansy and then the ABD trip to Peru! The best part is that it'll be my birthday while in Peru - does anyone know what ABD is able to if any for some special celebration?

Congrats, standardgirl! I'm sure you're going to have a fabulous trip!

I assume you're going on the Oct 5, 2013 trip? Let me know, and who is in your party, and I'll add you to the Meets thread for the Peru trip. There is already another DISer, Boardwalk_bride and her DH, who are signed up for that trip!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933905

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
2littlestitches
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardgirl View Post

What an amazing way to spend a birthday! How awesome! I've heard such great things about the Peru trip. Have fun planning!
December 2009: 4 Night Bahamian (New Years Eve) Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder
July 2010: 12 Night Northern European Capitals Cruise (Baltic) aboard the Disney Magic
July 2011: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise aboard the Disney Wonder
March 2014: 3 Night Bahamian Cruise aboard the Disney Dream

Too many WDW trips to count, and several Disneyland California trips.
One amazing trip to Disneyland Paris!
D23's Journey to Marceline, MO - March 2012
5 awesome nights at Aulani - June/July 2014

Best trip ever...Adventures By Disney Australia in 2008.
2littlestitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
standardgirl
believing in magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Congrats, standardgirl! I'm sure you're going to have a fabulous trip!

I assume you're going on the Oct 5, 2013 trip? Let me know, and who is in your party, and I'll add you to the Meets thread for the Peru trip. There is already another DISer, Boardwalk_bride and her DH, who are signed up for that trip!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933905

Sayhello
That would be great! I'll be going with my mom, so that's:
DD Wendy (me) - will be turning 29 during the trip
DM Michelle

2009 Bahamas Wonder | 2010 Mediterranean Magic | 2011 Alaska Wonder | 2012 Canada Magic | 2013 Western Fantasy
Tokyo x2 | California x2 | Florida WDW x6 | Hong Kong x1 | Paris Disneyland in planning

DCL - Please return back to Northern Europe!
wendy rich dale tinker dora | purring forever chip (2003-2007)
standardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
kristilew
DIS Veteran

On our most recent ABD, they did a cake for everyone who had a birthday that month. It was really cute. About 6 people I think, and we all sang happy birthday to them and they got pins and a cute picture of all of them blowing out the candles.

You will LOVE the Peru ABD. It is a wonderful adventure!
kristilew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

You're going to love Peru!! Amazing country!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #9
yihjye
Earning My Ears

I've always wanted to go there. I should do more research into it. This thread is making me excited.
yihjye is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: