Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #166
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran
 
PrincessShmoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 16,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by thopkin1 View Post
How does it work with the WDW tickets. Do they just deliver the tickets to each room with the transfer passes?
Your KTTW card is your ticket, from what I've read.
__________________

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #167
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan19712006's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 1,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Your KTTW card is your ticket, from what I've read.
I read that also it is loaded on the ship card. Only you can't charge back to the ship so remember cash or a card when you disembark for the day.
__________________
disneyfan19712006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #168
HippoHappy
Earning My Ears
 
HippoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Your KTTW card is your ticket, from what I've read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan19712006 View Post
I read that also it is loaded on the ship card. Only you can't charge back to the ship so remember cash or a card when you disembark for the day.
These are correct. Your park hopper is already on your ship card (KTTW card), so that's all you need to get into the park and to get Fastpasses. You cannot charge anything onto your shipboard account while at the parks. Also, they request that adults have some form of ID with them to get back on the ship. They checked our IDs before allowing us onto the bus back to the ship.

Another bit of info about WDW day. The night before, you should get 4 photopass cards in your stateroom. If you have photos taken at WDW by any photopass photographer, you can then view and/or purchase those photos at Shutters on the ship. Normally Photopass and Shutters photos are completely seperate, but in this instance they've combined them.
__________________
HippoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #169
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan19712006's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 1,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our 2 Princesses
I think the ship as a whole looked really good. There seemed to be alot of outside painting going on when we were at port. Our stateroom looked decent but the couch definitely needs replaced and the shower/sink side of our split bathroom needed attention. At one point we came back during the day and one of the faucet handles was laying on the sink broken. Someone did fix it though while we were at dinner. The floor in that bathroom was in bad shape too. There had been some major water damage or something because the floor felt "soft" in a certain place and a couple tiles were lying there unattached to the floor. Other than that, everything on the ship looked pretty great.
We had a similar problem with our floor on the Wonder a few years back.We were moved to another room and it was repaired for the next guest.
__________________
disneyfan19712006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 PM   #170
lovetotraveltx
DIS Veteran
 
lovetotraveltx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our 2 Princesses View Post
The Alice teas were not listed on the Navigators. Guest svcs gives you tickets to these events. We went to Guest svcs right after boarding and I saw others doing this as well. We went to our tea on the first Sea Day but had a choice of the 2nd and 3rd sea day as well. I believe it was at either 3 or 4 pm. Sorry! Can't remember. It was super cute; even our teen dds enjoyed it.

Is it tea or apple juice and cookies? And was it with Alice?

Thanks!
lovetotraveltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #171
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1
 
txaggie94gigem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 1,447

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoHappy View Post
These are correct. Your park hopper is already on your ship card (KTTW card), so that's all you need to get into the park and to get Fastpasses. You cannot charge anything onto your shipboard account while at the parks. Also, they request that adults have some form of ID with them to get back on the ship. They checked our IDs before allowing us onto the bus back to the ship.

Another bit of info about WDW day. The night before, you should get 4 photopass cards in your stateroom. If you have photos taken at WDW by any photopass photographer, you can then view and/or purchase those photos at Shutters on the ship. Normally Photopass and Shutters photos are completely seperate, but in this instance they've combined them.
so how much was the photo disc if you got pics from the park and shutters????

also...we have to have birth certificates to clear cstoms...do they let you take that stuff back to the cabin or do you have to carry it around all day???
__________________
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

txaggie94gigem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:34 AM   #172
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfan19712006's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 1,115

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie94gigem

so how much was the photo disc if you got pics from the park and shutters????

also...we have to have birth certificates to clear cstoms...do they let you take that stuff back to the cabin or do you have to carry it around all day???
My guess would be to carry it, you will need it to reboard.
__________________
disneyfan19712006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:25 AM   #173
thopkin1
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Your KTTW card is your ticket, from what I've read.
Thank You!
thopkin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:47 AM   #174
Our 2 Princesses
DIS Veteran
 
Our 2 Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Central Oh
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetotraveltx

Is it tea or apple juice and cookies? And was it with Alice?

Thanks!
We had apple juice and chocolate chip cookies. Alice and the mad hatter were both there. He was funny! They also pick 2 kids from the audience to join their party.
__________________
(18) (14)
9/01 ASMo 6/06 PC 1/13 Magic
9/02 ASMo 6/10 CBR 9/14 POR
6/04 POR 2/11 Wonder
6/05 Wonder 4/12 Offsite
Our 2 Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #175
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran
 
MedicGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Niagara Falls, Canada
Posts: 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie94gigem View Post
so how much was the photo disc if you got pics from the park and shutters????

also...we have to have birth certificates to clear cstoms...do they let you take that stuff back to the cabin or do you have to carry it around all day???

The photo CD, with ALL your pictures was $349.....if you wanted the printed copies as well, than it was an extra $75.

IF you choose the CD with all your pics on it, then the Disney ones would be included. IF you choose to pick only 10 or 20 digital files, then you were choosing between the ship photos and WDW.


As well, if you are getting off the ship, and clearing customs, then you will have to take your BC with you. I don't even know how it would be possible to try to clear customs, take the card back, THEN get off the ship. As you would have to clear again. Also, you need it to get back on. They are checked in Port Canaveral, and Key West.
__________________
MedicGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #176
Luet02
Earning My Ears
 
Luet02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
As well, if you are getting off the ship, and clearing customs, then you will have to take your BC with you. I don't even know how it would be possible to try to clear customs, take the card back, THEN get off the ship. As you would have to clear again. Also, you need it to get back on. They are checked in Port Canaveral, and Key West.
Do you need your BC or passport if you're from Canada? ( when you're exiting the ship at PC, not to take the cruise)

Thanks,

Natalie
__________________



Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #177
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"
 
hudson3709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 97

You would need passport from Canada.
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #178
Luet02
Earning My Ears
 
Luet02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson3709 View Post
You would need passport from Canada.
Hi, so are you from Canada then?

That would be a shame to have to carry our passports around at WDW. It would be easier if it was just our BC's.
__________________



Me , DH , DS(8) , DS(4) , DS(1)
Luet02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:25 AM   #179
hudson3709
"It started with a mouse"
 
hudson3709's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 97

I am from Canada. Americans can get through US customs with a BC and Photo ID, but anyone else, Canadians included, will need a Passport if we have to clear customs.

Make sure you keep those bags secured to you at the parks, it would be a bad thing to loose.
hudson3709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #180
javaj
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: TX
Posts: 1,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
The photo CD, with ALL your pictures was $349.....if you wanted the printed copies as well, than it was an extra $75.

IF you choose the CD with all your pics on it, then the Disney ones would be included.
Do the pictures on the CD have the same borders as the prints?

Thanks!
javaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.