Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #31
PrincessKida
Annual Passholder, Princess Lover, Wilderness Explorer

THe line is very decieving. They have told people an hour wait and in reality.. we had food in front of us in 25 minutes. If you really want to eat here I'd get in line, and then have someone in your party go pick something up from Pinocchio's or Cosmic Rays, both of which aren't too far from BoG. By the time they come back with the food, you will be close to ordering or already ordered. If your party has already ordered then just tell the cast member watching the big center door and they will let you in. I've eaten here at lunch numerous times and very often you see.. i know this sounds typical, but Dad's carrying in counter service. You are not the first person to run into this problem and you aren't the first to try to solve it like this. If you want to eat at BoG and don't mind running around, I'd say go for it.

Visit My Personal Character Site/Blog: http://wdwcharacteradventures.weebly.com/
PrincessKida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #32
Abharmagic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missycj96 View Post
Of the kids menu, i thought my dd might eat the macaroni with sauce, but it comes with cheese melted on it. I asked if i could order it without the cheese and was told i couldnt special order it. Im sure if there is an allergy they could accommodate but i didnt push the issue - it was mobbed and we had already waited on a long line.
The allergy is called lactose intolerance- next time say that and they'll leave the cheese off
April 2013
Next Trip- Labor Day 2014- SeaWorld- Aquatica- Legoland- MNSSHP- Can't wait!
Abharmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #33
missycj96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom

This.

The line for lunch at BOG is huge! There is no way to buy food for the kids before hand, and have it still warm by the time you are seated. As another poster pointed out, the line to get in has to be seen to be believed.

And before someone asks about one parent getting out of line and getting food for the kids, I don't think it would be very easy to push past that many people waiting in line, with an Excuse Me, Just Meeting My Family. The line is that long.

If you just have to eat at BOG, have a peanut butter sandwich packed for the kiddies.

The next time someone complains that all Disney serves for kids food is junk I'm going to point them to this thread. And show them how when Disney tries to do better, and not just have chicken fingers and burgers, that people complain. And people wonder why so much of the food is the same all over WDW. Sigh.
In theory, i completely agree with you. But then there is (at least for my family) reality. This is a vacation and i need to provide a meal my kid will eat without frustration.
missycj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 PM   #34
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

If, we REALLY wanted BOG, but kids wouldn't eat off the menu? I would feed them BEFOREHAND and let them eat a cupcake at BOG. I wouldn't bring In food from another restaurant.
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #35
disneymayz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisone View Post
I never said anywhere in my original post that I was looking for junk food. My ds with sensory issues eats the same meal everyday for lunch, peanut butter and jelly. At home this is natural peanut butter and 100% fruit spread on wheat bread. My picky dd is not only picky but also has a gluten allergy and is allergic to chicken. I never complained about what they had on the kids menu. I stated a fact, that my kids would not eat off of it. I asked if my idea would work so my dh, other dd and I can eat there.
How did you diagnose your ds has a sensory issue? What you describe is my son but just thought that is what he really wants and nothing else.
May '99-Dixie Landings / Disney Cruise May '00-All-Star Music May '01-All-Star Movies June '03-All-Star Sports May '04-Off-site May '05-Pop Century May '06-Old Key West Dec. '07-All-Star Movies June '08-Disneyland Hotel / Grand Cali. / Paradise Pier June '09-AKV / All-Star Music / Saratoga Springs Resort Jan '10 - CBR / May '10 - Pop Century May '11 Pop / AKV / VWL Dec '11 OKW / BW/ All-Star Sports April '12 Polly Sep/Oct '12 VGC June'13 SSR/AKV/BCV/BLT Dec '13 All-star Sports Feb '14 Pop/CS/GFV/AKV May '14 ASMo
disneymayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 AM   #36
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

Feed the kids before you go in and get their dessert from BOG
Disfanx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #37
bisone
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymayz View Post
How did you diagnose your ds has a sensory issue? What you describe is my son but just thought that is what he really wants and nothing else.
He has been in OT and PT since he was about 15 months old. There are many other issues other than food.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #38
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missycj96 View Post
In theory, i completely agree with you. But then there is (at least for my family) reality. This is a vacation and i need to provide a meal my kid will eat without frustration.
There are many, many, many, many other CS options that will meet your needs. I agree with Maxiesmom. Disney tries to accomodate those that wish for more diversity for their children, and people still complain.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #39
bisone
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfanx4 View Post
Feed the kids before you go in and get their dessert from BOG
I'm pretty sure this is how we will handle it. I will probably bring a few little items for them to munch on and get them a dessert. We aren't usually dessert people so this didn't cross my mind. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #40
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is how we will handle it. I will probably bring a few little items for them to munch on and get them a dessert. We aren't usually dessert people so this didn't cross my mind. Thanks!
I'm glad it is working out for you.
Enjoy
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #41
disneymayz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He has been in OT and PT since he was about 15 months old. There are many other issues other than food.
OK so mine will just be extreme picky and wants the same everyday. Thank you!
May '99-Dixie Landings / Disney Cruise May '00-All-Star Music May '01-All-Star Movies June '03-All-Star Sports May '04-Off-site May '05-Pop Century May '06-Old Key West Dec. '07-All-Star Movies June '08-Disneyland Hotel / Grand Cali. / Paradise Pier June '09-AKV / All-Star Music / Saratoga Springs Resort Jan '10 - CBR / May '10 - Pop Century May '11 Pop / AKV / VWL Dec '11 OKW / BW/ All-Star Sports April '12 Polly Sep/Oct '12 VGC June'13 SSR/AKV/BCV/BLT Dec '13 All-star Sports Feb '14 Pop/CS/GFV/AKV May '14 ASMo
disneymayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #42
TLSnell1981

Sense isn't very common anymore
I can't wait for T shirts and cover ups

Quote:
If, the kids like dessert, BOG might become their favorite place. Cupcakes for lunch...yummy!
TLSnell1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: