Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #151
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa 80 View Post
Nice!!!

We are a group of 5 maybe 6.... but we are all signing up as individuals... but we are planning on matching shirts... (I hope that's okay!?) We aren't in it to win... just to get healthy and motivate one another. I believe we will be wearing blue tanks that say Calvary on the back! I am so excited.... although training is slow and steady for a big girl. BUT I'm doing it!!!
Of course matching shirts is okay. Just like if you wore matching shirts to a park. Show solidarity!!! Keep it up!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #152
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa 80
Nice!!!

We are a group of 5 maybe 6.... but we are all signing up as individuals... but we are planning on matching shirts... (I hope that's okay!?) We aren't in it to win... just to get healthy and motivate one another. I believe we will be wearing blue tanks that say Calvary on the back! I am so excited.... although training is slow and steady for a big girl. BUT I'm doing it!!!
People wear costumes, custom shirts....whatever you like!!!! Its Disney! Sky is the limit!!! I might attempt a tutu!

luvmygrljb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #153
Woermazing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlupin View Post
Restaurantasaurus was definitely open...
Anyone remember if Dino Bites was open too? My wife and I cannot go AK without getting an ice cream cookie sandwich there. Perfect post-race recovery food, right?
Woermazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #154
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Something came to mind last night.

Last year they had security check your bag prior to checking your race bag, since they were transported to inside the park. There was a big line on both sides of bag check.

Also looked into park tickets as I let my AP lapse. $126 for a two day non-hopper. Partial day on Saturday and I think I will sleep in on Sunday. Decisions, decisions.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #155
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Everyone's system and routine is different. That being said, having dinner at 4pm and then not eating again until possibly midnight is a long stretch. In reality you will be doing almost 10K--5K as a race and 5K as a scavenger hunt. I would use the same suggestions and tips as I would for a longer distance event.

"Don't try new things on race day. 5K isn't a terribly long distance, but if you are wearing brand new shoes for the event because they look nice and you get blisters or they rub your feet raw, you'll be miserable. Same goes with a costume. Giant Mickey hands and ear are a cute costume; but, will you be saying that after the race?
"Don't eat too out of your 'zone'. If you are used to eating an hour before you go out for a run, try to stick close to your schedule. Also on race day, try to eat familiar foods, or food that will not upset your stomach. I eat Thai food regularly before I run. If I eat oatmeal or yogurt, I end up heaving on the side of the road after a couple miles.
"Remember to refuel. Stay hydrated and rebuild your nutrients your used during the race.

I want to say Restrauntasaurus was open after the race last year? I ate my banana and drank my water and rode Kali River Rapids four times to cool off. It was HOT. If a restaurant accepts the dining plan during normal park hours, it should accept it after park hours for a Disney event/party.
Ahhhhhh, memories..... Looking forward to doing it again this May.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #156
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

DH and I registered yesterday

I have a question about the race shirts, how do the sizes run? I'm a pooh sized gal,but have been toning up/ training for the last 5 weeks to prepare for the race. Just hoping that the shirt will fit.

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #157
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPooh View Post
DH and I registered yesterday

I have a question about the race shirts, how do the sizes run? I'm a pooh sized gal,but have been toning up/ training for the last 5 weeks to prepare for the race. Just hoping that the shirt will fit.
I too am pooh sized and last year's shirt fits well. I got the XL and since it's a "unisex" fit, it worked find for me. Feel free to pm me if you have any more specific fit questions!

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #158
RangerPooh
It's the little things that make our day
It was a nice surprise to find to find when I returned home from work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaCrush

I too am pooh sized and last year's shirt fits well. I got the XL and since it's a "unisex" fit, it worked find for me. Feel free to pm me if you have any more specific fit questions!
Thanks for your response! I ordered a XXL so I'm hoping I can exchange it if too big

Disneyland Wedding 6.02.2003
RangerPooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #159
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Of course matching shirts is okay. Just like if you wore matching shirts to a park. Show solidarity!!! Keep it up!
Thanks!!! Good to know.... now to plan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb View Post
People wear costumes, custom shirts....whatever you like!!!! Its Disney! Sky is the limit!!! I might attempt a tutu!
I love Disney for that very reason!! I'm one of those moms who match colors each day for the various parks! ha ha...

I say go for it!!!!

Saratoga Springs October 2011
Old Key West June 2012
Expedition Everest 5k May 2013
Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2014 & Disneyland 2014 Avengers 1/2 Marathon
Carissa 80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #160
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

Ahhh.... it's 95% full!!! My husband is all signed up... I was waiting for our taxes, which should be deposited tomorrow!!! Really hoping that they are! I would HATE to miss out!!

Old Key West June 2012
Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #161
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Ahhh.... it's 95% full!!! My husband is all signed up... I was waiting for our taxes, which should be deposited tomorrow!!! Really hoping that they are! I would HATE to miss out!!
Sooner is better than later. Especially with how quickly the last few percentage points seem to fly by.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #162
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

Quote:
I saw that too, and now I just checked again and it's back down to 85% full. I refreshed the browser to make sure. Maybe they're having some confusion over there at RunDisney!

Of course this means nothing as I could check again in 10 minutes and find it 100% full, so I'd say if you want to sign up, do it now!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:51 AM   #163
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
I saw that too, and now I just checked again and it's back down to 85% full. I refreshed the browser to make sure. Maybe they're having some confusion over there at RunDisney!

Of course this means nothing as I could check again in 10 minutes and find it 100% full, so I'd say if you want to sign up, do it now!
The lead page with the percentage bar shows 85%, but the registration page shows 95%.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #164
Carissa 80
Mouseketeer

All signed up!!! Ahhh!!!

Old Key West June 2012
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #165
sunshine girl
DIS Veteran

Location: Once a Floridian, always a Floridian (but currently elsewhere)

Quote:
The lead page with the percentage bar shows 85%, but the registration page shows 95%.
Aha! Tricky.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: