Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
akmomesq
Earning My Ears

Critique my ADRs?

This will be our first time at WDW; we're flying in from Alaska - only 23 more days to go!

I've been fretting over our ADRs, wondering if I've chosen well, or if I'm missing something that shouldn't be missed.

We arrive at 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday (2/23) and will have been traveling since 1 p.m. AK time the day before.

Saturday: T Rex 3 p.m. (we figured it's late enough to eat, we'll be back to the hotel around 5, for an early night.)

Sunday, Sanaa at 5
Monday, Mama Melrose (lunch)
Tuesday, CRT (lunch)
Wednesday, H.O.B. after La Nouba
Thursday - Universal Studios
Friday Spirit of Aloha show
Saturday Le Celier for dinner
Sunday the Hoop Dee Doo Review/dinner

We don't leave until the following Wednesday evening so I have free days to fill.

I'd welcome any opinions - if I've missed something that shouldn't be missed, or made a particularly bad choice, I'm all ears!

Thank in advance!
akmomesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
marshmeloh
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmomesq
This will be our first time at WDW; we're flying in from Alaska - only 23 more days to go!

I've been fretting over our ADRs, wondering if I've chosen well, or if I'm missing something that shouldn't be missed.

We arrive at 6:30 a.m. on a Saturday (2/23) and will have been traveling since 1 p.m. AK time the day before.

Saturday: T Rex 3 p.m. (we figured it's late enough to eat, we'll be back to the hotel around 5, for an early night.)

Sunday, Sanaa at 5
Tuesday, CRT (lunch)

We don't leave until the following Wednesday evening so I have free days to fill.

I'd welcome any opinions - if I've missed something that shouldn't be missed, or made a particularly bad choice, I'm all ears!

Thank in advance!
Hey there!

This sounds like a fun filled plan you have! For not having been before you've definitely picked some winners in my book!
marshmeloh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
mggeary
Mouseketeer

Good choices, but I'd skip spirit of aloha. In my opinion, a stinker, both the food and show.
mggeary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mggeary View Post
Good choices, but I'd skip spirit of aloha. In my opinion, a stinker, both the food and show.
I have to agree here. Spirit of Aloha is just not worth the cash or dining plan credits. IMO you'd do better at 'Ohana. The food great! And there is entertainment on a smaller scale.

Other than that you've got some great choices!!

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
akmomesq
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the feedback! I'll check out Ohana and see about switching.
Much appreciated!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

Ohana for sure!!! Our fave.
Carriesouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Bama4Disney
Mouseketeer

Agree on the recommendation regarding the Ohana instead of the Spirit of Aloha. Ohana is the best, we just made our reservation for June dinner. Great family time!
Bama4Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
akmomesq
Earning My Ears

Yikes. I'm having trouble getting an ADR at Ohana!
Is it possible to sometimes get in closer to the date? If I just keep checking between now and the day we want to go, is there a chance of getting in? I thought we were going during a fairly slow time but no luck.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
STLnative
Mouseketeer

I'm going to go against the grain on Spirit of Aloha - we liked it. The show is cheesy but cute (loved the fire dancer!). And they've apparently just gotten a new menu. I liked most of the food on the old menu with the exception of the ribs and the volcano dessert, which are both gone now.

That said, we also liked 'Ohana, so it's not like it would be a tragedy to switch or anything. And you also have Hoop De Doo, so you'd still see at least one dinner show.

We have also visited Sanaa and Le Cellier from your list and loved them. They are both in my top 5 favorites on property.
STLnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #10
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

I agree about skipping Spirit of Aloha. We liked it, didn't "love" it and wouldn't do it again However, HDDR we are doing again this trip. Want our 8 y.o. DGD to see it. It's fun to say the least. We're staying at POLY this time and cannot wait to try O'Hana's for dinner at least once during our stay. Never ate at Mama Melrose's but at HS we really enjoyed 50's Prime Time good fun and good food and the Sci-Fi Drive-in Theater is really different. Love their BLT soup! Just something different having lunch in a drive-in movie atmosphere...that would be my suggestions for lunch at HS. You chose great places...Too many choices, never enough time! :

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #11
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akmomesq

Sunday, Sanaa at 5
Tuesday, CRT (lunch)

Thank in advance!
Some of my faves not to be missed:
Raglans at DTD
Tokyo Dining
Sci fi dine in or 50prime time. I have to say that I was not impresses with mama Melroses. It felt like an Olive Garden or worse. Not very Disney feeling.
Bier garden is pretty good
And most others around Epcot.
Remember try to book your reservations where you want to be for the night. Or close to it that way you don't have to waste too much time traveling,

what resort are you staying at? Maybe try to eat there?

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: