Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
rosiegmendez
Mouseketeer

Bad Experience getting quotes thru AAA

I just had the worst experience getting quotes thru AAA. January is their "Disney Month" so I thought I would give it a shot.

Let me first say, if this type of thread is not allowed, please dont flame me, I will happily delete. Just thought I'd vent to a group that would certainly understand my frustration.

I was provided email quotes for Boardwalk Inn from a travel rep and the rates were outstanding! For the price of room only, they included 6 day base tickets plus an Amex $50 card! As soon as I got the emai lyesterday I jumped on it and replied to book it. I even had her confirm via email that this included tickets and she replied yes. We were so excited and were making plans for our trip upgraded to a deluxe resort.

Well the agent didnt respond today, even after my many emails and calls not wanting to miss the January specials (since it is 1/31 today).

Well I finally got a hold of another agent at 4:30 today and she reviewed the email and apologized profusely. She immediately told me the numbers were too low to include the park tickets. Sure enough the rates were room only.

I know people outside of this forum will not think much of it but for 24 hours I thought we had a great deal and upgraded to deluxe only to find out the agent was incompetent. The worst part, when I asked the supervisor what he would do in the name of customer service he said since it was 5:00 and the AAA January promo was about to end, I could pay a "deposit" now and then they could help me tomorrow to finalize my reservation but they could NOT honor the prices quoted by their rep.

I told him I was under no circumstances giving him any of my money after the service I received.

Several people have said on here to deal direct with disney and did I learn my lesson.

Vent over.

At least we still have our current reservations for AoA/POR...

2013 - AoA LM / POR WDW
2007 - 2009 Annual Passes to Disneyland
2006 - GC Disneyland
rosiegmendez is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: