Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
Lifeangel1
Mouseketeer

Air Mattress at Pop?

I know people have said an air mattress will fit at Pop. Does anyone have any pictures? What do you do with it during the day and is it something you have to hide from mousekeeping? My DD, DGS (11), and DGS (12) are going with me in September. The youngest is ok with sleeping with his brother but the oldest wants no part of it.The way they fight, it seems an air mattress is the best solution.

1986 off-site, 1990 off-site, 1992 off-site, 1997 off-site, 2001 off-site, 2005 off-site, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, WBC, 2012 CBR, 2013 POP, 2014 AoA
Lifeangel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
DisneyFanDonna
Earning My Ears

We used an air mattress at Pop last year when our teenage daughters didn't want to share a bed. We put the air mattress against the wall - where the table and chairs are located. We moved the table and chairs to the other side of the TV (near the connecting door or sink area). We never had to deflate the mattress and mousekeeping was fine with the mattress being there.
DisneyFanDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #3
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

I have 2 girls that cannot share a bed (and if I forced them to they would get little/no sleep and everyone would be cranky). So we always bring an air mattress and it fits (albeit snuggly) between the two beds. When not in use, we slide it on its side between the bed and the wall. We bring a sleeping bag too so no fuss, no muss to make the bed up.

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
GatorMommy2007
Mouseketeer

We rented a roll away once when we stayed at Pop. It was a tight fit, but it worked. We put it near the entrance, moved the table in front of the door for adjoining rooms. An air mattress would probably fit between the beds, and as long as you only have four people in the room, there shouldn't be a problem.

GatorMommy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFanDonna View Post
We used an air mattress at Pop last year when our teenage daughters didn't want to share a bed. We put the air mattress against the wall - where the table and chairs are located. We moved the table and chairs to the other side of the TV (near the connecting door or sink area). We never had to deflate the mattress and mousekeeping was fine with the mattress being there.
We did this also. We put the do not disturb on the door and asked for what we needed. Mousekeeping came in around day 5, not sure if they felt they had to investigate why we had the do not disturb on the door for so many days. They simply stood the air mattress up and cleaned around it. I was afraid we would get in trouble, but nothing was ever said.

Mama Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
minnierocks
DIS Veteran

There is nothing wrong with using an air mattress, as long as you are not exceeding the number of people allowed in the room. We started taking an air mattress as soon as our son and daughter reached a certain age and no longer wanted to share a bed. We have used one in ASMo, ASMu, Pop and CSR with no problems. We moved the table/chairs underneath the window and fit the air mattress up against the wall, beside the TV/Dresser unit. It is a tight fit but it works well. During the day, we propped it up against the wall so that mousekeeping could clean. It is a great solution and works really well for us.
Spring Break Trip 2011
Thanksgiving 2008
Thanksgiving 2007
*October 2006...Keys to the Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&page=1&pp=15

*Thanksgiving 2005
*February 2004
minnierocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
Lifeangel1
Mouseketeer

Thank you!! This answers my questions and solves that problem. Now to figure how to keep them from fighting during the 14 hour car ride....lol

1986 off-site, 1990 off-site, 1992 off-site, 1997 off-site, 2001 off-site, 2005 off-site, 2009 POFQ, 2010 POP, 2011 POP, WBC, 2012 CBR, 2013 POP, 2014 AoA
Lifeangel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeangel1 View Post
Thank you!! This answers my questions and solves that problem. Now to figure how to keep them from fighting during the 14 hour car ride....lol
Inflate the air mattress when you start and leave it between them for the ride!
AJKMOM is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: