Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #2191
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Sunken Treasure: The unofficial beverage of the Beach and Yacht Club FAQ forum:

Contents: Malibu Rum, Midori, orange juice, pineapple juice and Sprite with a splash of BOLS Blue Curacao.

Thanks for the ingredients!! I will have my bartender make one up for me And, I will sip it while I read the TRs and look at pics!!!

Beach Club: December 2007, December 2010
POR: December 2013
Yacht Club: September 2014
Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #2192
tnkrbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4

Thanks for the ingredients!! I will have my bartender make one up for me And, I will sip it while I read the TRs and look at pics!!!
Gonna ask for one tomorrow
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #2193
annabug
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

My family and I are planning to stay at BC October/November 2013
So excited! It has been a dream of mine to stay at this beautiful resort!

It will be Myself, Dh, DD 8, DS 4

We have been to WDW many times, most recently at the Poly and Disney Dream this past July.

Unfortunately when I booked our room for the last week of October, they only had lagoon view left! It raised my price a lot!

Do you think garden view will become available?

Where is the best area to stay with little kids?

Any other advice? Im hoping I get a discount code to help me afford this!!
Cant wait to see SAB in person!!

Annabug

(me) (DH) (DD) (DS)
Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #2194
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo View Post
Ok this is a WWYD situation. We are booked April6-13 BC CL. The airfare is insane. I could get tickets direct out of another airport plus a room at POR(princess for my princesses) plus the airport parking on the 5. For less than our tickets on the 6th. There are no rooms at BC in our room category that night. Would you book POR room only take a quiet day and play at the pools and do DTD via boat, or as my friend would say. Hold and pray for cheaper airfare. Also would IPO be able to assist us in transferring our bags?

Thanks

Please excuse my typos, nursing acrobatic toddler while fat fingers try to type on iPhone
No problem with the typos, we've all been there... Welcome

I would book the extra day at POR, in fact we did something similar for our last trip. We got tired of the early morning long flight... arriving in the evening and then rushing to get settled in and hit the parks for those last couple of minutes.

The last trip I said no more! So we flew in the day before, stayed at POP, kept our jammies and our swim suits in a carry on and then spent the day at the hotel. We got to bed at a reasonable hour and the next day we were ready for a full day in the parks. The hotels handled our luggage transfers with out a care and we were good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Phew! Sounds like Ninjamom will be able to get some rest tonight!

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZ

~NM
Old 01-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #2195
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo View Post
Ok this is a WWYD situation. We are booked April6-13 BC CL. The airfare is insane. I could get tickets direct out of another airport plus a room at POR(princess for my princesses) plus the airport parking on the 5. For less than our tickets on the 6th. There are no rooms at BC in our room category that night. Would you book POR room only take a quiet day and play at the pools and do DTD via boat, or as my friend would say. Hold and pray for cheaper airfare. Also would IPO be able to assist us in transferring our bags?

Thanks

Please excuse my typos, nursing acrobatic toddler while fat fingers try to type on iPhone
We have a somewhat similar situation. All the flights for us on the Saturday were at awkward times, and were pricey on top of it. I booked us on a flight on Friday evening instead, and then booked us a room at the Hampton Inn near the airport. We will eat a very early breakfast, then take our bags back to the airport and hop on the Magical Express and head off to the BC. We saved about $500 on the airline tickets, and the studio suite at the Hampton was only $100 or so and includes breakfast. I'd thought about heading over to BC when we arrived on Friday, but the flight doesn't land until 10 pm, and I thought it would be a hassle to try to deal with checking in then waiting for luggage at 1 am, and that's if we made it in time to meet the last bus. I figured just relax and start fresh in the morning. Drop our stuff off at the resort and head off to the park until our room is ready later on in the day.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #2196
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Oh, that's the post that put me over the top! That looks sooooo good. MMMM

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #2197
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

That sandwich looks delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo

Thanks

I would book the extra day and spend a relaxing day in Disney at the resort. When you checkout, you can call bell services and they will transfer your bags to the new resort for you. They usually have your bags at the new resort by 3 p.m. the same day. You then need to call the BC bell services and they will bring the bags to your new room. Very easy process. We have done split stays before and found it very easy.

Last edited by 333disneymom; 01-31-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 PM   #2198
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks great! I'll have one with no mayo please

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Old 01-31-2013, 08:37 PM   #2199
LoveMickeyMouse
Love taking my boys to see Mickey!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicgirl177 View Post
Happy 25th Anniversary!!!

That's an awesome choice!
THANKS!!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:47 PM   #2200
Gr8t Fan
DIS Veteran

Add us to the list -- we'll be at the YC for 3 nights 8/27 - 8/30 -- while also having a simultaneous FD reservation at POR from 8/18 - 8/31! My girls have been dying to stay at the BC/YC since our first meal at Beaches & Cream almost a decade ago. So glad that we'll finally get the chance to do so before our oldest is off to college in 2014!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #2201
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Hi all. A friend asked me today for tips on researching her trip to Disney next month, and of course I sent her to the Dis. And that made me want to pop over and see how everyone is doing. Which in turn makes me miss Disney and especially the YC!!

I think of you all often, though I wish I had more time to come by and say hi. Maybe after hockey season. Meanwhile, I do still have my 1500 pictures to tide me over.

Yacht Club, Christmas 2012: BEST FAMILY VACATION EVER!!!

Happy day, my friends!!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 PM   #2202
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
Sitting at Sab right now, loving life!! Watching little kids and Moms having fun doing chicken dance!! . Lunch earlier in Mexico, right on the water. So far a prettyy magical day!!

Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 PM   #2203
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I'm in Mass, too. PM me your address and let me know what time I should come by!!!

Yum!!!

Enjoy!
You know I am right off I-90 (junction in NY) myself, go to Agawam a lot in the summer, so if your serving dinner for a crowd..... LOL

Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #2204
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
Hmmm lots of locals drawn to BC/YC

Maybe we should have a gathering(clam boil) on Cape Cod this summer

Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #2205
medicgirl177
Mouseketeer

Quote: