Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #226
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Looking at the video tour of CBR on WDWinfo this morning made me convinced that my next stay will definitely be at CBR! I've walked the grounds a bit before, but only stayed at POP. Next stay, whenever that is, will be at this gorgeous resort!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 01-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #227
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I paid less than $20 for a twin air mattress at Walmart in the camping section. We've used it several times at the CBR and when traveling to other destinations as well.
Hello Friend !!! CBR for my DD and I this year.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 15 - (Learning How To - ) ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009,

WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013, DLR 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #228
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Hello Friend !!! CBR for my DD and I this year.
Hey! I know that you are counting down the days until you are there! I know that we certainly are.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 PM   #229
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was just on the Disney site and a chat window popped up. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask about the Jamaica refurb and possible bed change. I also asked about the Fantasmic package and left it in the text in case anybody is wondering about the package. Here's a copy of the chat:

Thank you for contacting Disney. Please hold while we route your chat to a Disney Cast Member who will help you with your question.

Welcome to Disney! My name is Cheryl. How may I help you today?

you: Hello Cheryl, We are currently booked at the Caribbean Beach Resort for May, 2013. I saw on another site that the entire village of Jamaica will be undergoing a refurb while we are there. That is our favorite village so I guess I'll request another area. I was told by a mousekeeper when we were there in May, 2012 that they thought they were going to be getting queen beds soon. Is this true? I sure hope so.

Cheryl: Hello and welcome!

Cheryl: Let me check into that for you. One moment please.

you: Thank you

Cheryl: I do not have Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort on my list of resort refurbishments.

you: Hum, I wonder if that was just a rumor or if they had some insider info. So, no news on changing beds over either?

Cheryl: We do want to do that, however, we do not have a timeframe of when the switch will happen.

you: Maybe it will happen soon. It's the only moderate with full beds. The full size beds are a bit small when you have two adults and a 16 year old boy.

Cheryl: Ok, I just talked to my supervisor and he confirmed that the Jamaica Buildings will be getting new paint and general repairs until June.

Cheryl: However, no news on the bedding change.

you: Thanks so much for the info. I think I'll put in a request for a non-preferred Martinique building. I do have another question. I have been trying for the longest time to book a Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose's at Hollywood Studios. The only times that show up for May 27th are 12:00 and 3:00. Last time, we were able to book a dinner ADR. Do you think it would be better to call and see if there are any dinner ADRs available with the package?

Cheryl: I would suggest that you call. They will be able to see availability.

you: Good news! Because of the heat, we don't like to eat big lunches. A dinner reservation would be lots better. Thanks again for all of your help. Hope you have a great evening!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 02-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #230
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update Lisa. Sounds like all will be done by the time we get there June 7th.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #231
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Thanks for the update Lisa. Sounds like all will be done by the time we get there June 7th.
You're welcome. When the chat box popped up, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Hopefully, the Jamaica work will be done by the time you get there. I wonder if they'll move on to another village after they are done with Jamaica?

Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #232
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You're welcome. When the chat box popped up, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Hopefully, the Jamaica work will be done by the time you get there. I wonder if they'll move on to another village after they are done with Jamaica?
Lisa, I bet they will move on to another village, though I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until after Labor Day with how busy they will be over the summer. Probably why they haven't scheduled past Jamaica yet.

Funny that the chat CM told you that they heard they will change to queen beds but nothing on the schedule. I actually asked the same thing a few days ago on a chat while looking at some reservation options () and was told there are no plans to change the beds over to queens at all. Part of why I don't like asking questions of the chat or phone CMs, they never really know!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #233
hunteraub
Earning My Ears

Great information. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #234
DannyDisneyFreak
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM
Does anyone know if they still sell those coconuts that you can mail, sort of like a postcard? They were sold in the gift shop & came w/ pre-paid postage.

I'm not staying at CBR but I would make a special trip there just to grab a few of those coconuts!

Thanks!
They were there last month too
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #235
BamaGirl
Mouseketeer

This thread is awesome! Thanks for all of the information. This is going to be our first stay at a Mod. I had a choice between POR and CBR. I chose CBR because I thought that it will feel more like we are on vacation. POR is a beautiful resort but since we live in AL it seemed to remind me too much of home.

Should we request a room or just go with the flow? How steep are the steps? I had knee surgery last year and I am concerned about walking up them at the end of a long day.

WDW Commando Member #123

Old 02-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #236
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGirl View Post
This thread is awesome! Thanks for all of the information. This is going to be our first stay at a Mod. I had a choice between POR and CBR. I chose CBR because I thought that it will feel more like we are on vacation. POR is a beautiful resort but since we live in AL it seemed to remind me too much of home.

Should we request a room or just go with the flow? How steep are the steps? I had knee surgery last year and I am concerned about walking up them at the end of a long day.
Your reason for choosing the CBR is the exact same reason we chose it 8 trips ago and we, too, thought that we may not enjoy POR because we are from Louisiana.

We've "gone with the flow" several times and didn't request anything other than a downstairs room when my mother is traveling with us. Other than that, we just take what they give us. The steps aren't that steep and are fairly easy to climb. I posted a picture of the steps on the CBR picture thread a while back. Someone had asked the exact same question and I took pictures of the steps and the landings.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #237
BamaGirl
Mouseketeer

Thanks mickeystoontown. I am heading over to your trip report now.

My up coming trip is just for me and my dh. I am so excited!! But he has told me to not over plan! I am trying!! But learning about the resort that we will be staying at has nothing to do with over planning. Does it?

WDW Commando Member #123

Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #238
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGirl View Post
Thanks mickeystoontown. I am heading over to your trip report now.

My up coming trip is just for me and my dh. I am so excited!! But he has told me to not over plan! I am trying!! But learning about the resort that we will be staying at has nothing to do with over planning. Does it?
You're welcome! I hope that you'll post on my report. Don't be intimidated by how many pages it is. I tend to chit-chat a lot...a whole lot. Use the handy dandy links and you'll catch up quickly.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing research on a resort. Over planning? I think not.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #239
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I found the stair pictures:

Old 02-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #240
BamaGirl
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much!!! I am pretty sure that I can handle those steps even at the end of the day!

WDW Commando Member #123

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: