Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #46
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPAWPAW View Post
I don't have an 11-11:30 PAT yet as I cannot do my on line check in until 4/2/13 but I do have a couple questions. Our first Disney Cruise
1- My online check-in date is 75 days out, is there a way to change that as I have seen some people with a 90 day check in?

2-What PAT slots will still be available at 75 days out, will it still be worth doing the online check in at midnight?

3-Can you cheat a little with the online check in time at midnight, say 11:55 or is it exactly 12:00?
Whether or not there will be any early PAT slots available when it's your turn to check-in depends on how many other newbie passengers are sailing with you. Personally, I would stay up long enough to reserve the most popular shore excursions, then do the check-in the next day.

On your next cruise you'll be a silver castaway cay member so you'll be able to check-in 90 days before your cruise.

People who have cruised five or more times (gold members) can check-in at 105 days out. People who are platinum -- ten or more cruises -- can check-in at 120 days before their cruise.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #47
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
This may be a little bit off topic but I have a question. We are sailing out of Galveston in April and I have an 11-11:30am PAT. My in-laws are traveling with us and they haven't even finished their check-in so I doubt they will be able to get the same PAT as us. Could we all get there together at 11am and check-in together or are they going to have to wait until their later PAT time?
Sorry, but letting others "jump the line" wouldn't be fair to everybuddy else. If you want to board together you'd need to wait and board at your in-laws' assigned time.

Are your in-laws waiting for passports or something else to finish their check-in? They can just enter default info and go back and edit it later. When I did a check-in last year our credit card was set to expire before our cruise so DCL wouldn't except our info. I waited til our new cards were issued and ended up with a crummy PAT. It delayed our boarding by a whole hour (gasp) but I coulda shoulda woulda just said that we'd be paying cash, gotten a better PAT, then gone back and entered our new credit card info when we received it.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #48
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPAWPAW View Post
I don't have an 11-11:30 PAT yet as I cannot do my on line check in until 4/2/13 but I do have a couple questions. Our first Disney Cruise
1- My online check-in date is 75 days out, is there a way to change that as I have seen some people with a 90 day check in?

2-What PAT slots will still be available at 75 days out, will it still be worth doing the online check in at midnight?

3-Can you cheat a little with the online check in time at midnight, say 11:55 or is it exactly 12:00?
1 - No. That is based on CC level.
2 - It varies from cruise to cruise.
3 - If you get on the DCL site prior to midnight, it might actually lock you out of your reservation when the system updates at midnight. Better to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana~n~Joseph View Post
My in-laws are traveling with us and they haven't even finished their check-in so I doubt they will be able to get the same PAT as us. Could we all get there together at 11am and check-in together or are they going to have to wait until their later PAT time?
To begin with, they might be able to enter the terminal and check in with you, but they will be given a boarding number based on their actual PAT -- so will have to wait until that number to board. You can board with them by waiting with them until their number is called. Has their booking window opened? If so, there is no reason for them not to have logged in to at least secure a PAT. They can enter the rest of the information at a later time.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads

Last edited by lbgraves; 01-31-2013 at 06:43 PM.
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #49
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSClemsonFan View Post
How do you get to be family of the day?
It is just Disney Magic!
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #50
Ana~n~Joseph
I cried like a baby when my 12 month old son met Mickey for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
Sorry, but letting others "jump the line" wouldn't be fair to everybuddy else. If you want to board together you'd need to wait and board at your in-laws' assigned time.

Are your in-laws waiting for passports or something else to finish their check-in? They can just enter default info and go back and edit it later. When I did a check-in last year our credit card was set to expire before our cruise so DCL wouldn't except our info. I waited til our new cards were issued and ended up with a crummy PAT. It delayed our boarding by a whole hour (gasp) but I coulda shoulda woulda just said that we'd be paying cash, gotten a better PAT, then gone back and entered our new credit card info when we received it.
Never mind. They got a later time and we'll just go in when they do.

Dec ‘95 – ASMusic; Dec ‘96 – ASMusic; Dec ‘97 – offsite; Dec ‘98 – ASMusic; Dec ‘99 ASMovies ; Aug ‘02 – ASMusic ; Jan ‘06 – CBR (Honeymoon); Sept ‘06 – Pop; Nov ‘06 – ASMusic; March ‘07 – POR; Sep ‘07 – Pop; Sept '07 - DLP; Feb ‘08 – Pop; Sept ‘08 – CSR; Jan ‘09 – Pop; Jan’ 09 – CR Club; March ‘10 – Boardwalk; Sept ‘10 – CSR; May ‘11 – CR; Sept '11 - AKL; Dec '11 - AKL Club; Dec '11 - Christmas Cruise - Disney Dream; September 2012 - AKL w/ BFF - November 2012 - Pop w/ DS + Mom & Disney Dream; April 2013 Disney Magic - Coming Up: October 2013 - AKL-Kidani - ToT 10 miler; Dec 2013 - Wilderness Lodge; Feb 2014 - Disney Dream & AKL/BWV; Aug 2014 - Disney Magic Med; Sept 2014 - GFV, Disney Dream w/ BFF & BWV; Jan 2015 - WLV; August 2015 - Disney Fantasy
Ana~n~Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:17 PM   #51
EPCOTatNight
I am the Polynesian Parking guy and the Original DISard of Oz.

We had an 11:30-12:00 PAT and got boarding #7. It was about 7 minutes between when boarding group 1 and 7 got called. I just checked a thread I started http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046750 at 12:03 after being in Cabanas about 10-15 minutes.
(8/2006 ASMo) (8/2007 Pop) (5/2009 3 night Wonder) (12/2009 ASM/Pop) (1/2011 Pop) (1/2012 CSR/WL) (1/2013 ASMo/4 night Dream) (5/2013 6 night Magic*Galveston*) (12/2013 7 night Fantasy) (3/2014 SSR) (8/2014 BLT/AKV) (1/2015 7 night Magic)

EPCOTatNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: