Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #3331
hmhaase
Earning My Ears
 
hmhaase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 64

I am somewhat new to these boards and have some questions. My husband and I have discussed doing the FE but we both had some questions. These might have been covered already so I am sorry if they are repeats. Also they might be covered somewhere else so please let me know if they are.


1. Is there a price min or max to the gifts?
2. Do you give a gift to each stateroom each day of the cruise?
3. Is there a set time and day to deliver gifts?
4. Do you give just one gift per stateroom or to each person in the stateroom?
5. Where can you find a FE? Either to buy or make?( btw I am not crafty)

Thank you so much for any help you can give me. My husband is not sure about doing this, but I know our daughter would love it. It sounds like so much from everything I read!
hmhaase is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #3332
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhaase View Post
I am somewhat new to these boards and have some questions. My husband and I have discussed doing the FE but we both had some questions. These might have been covered already so I am sorry if they are repeats. Also they might be covered somewhere else so please let me know if they are.


1. Is there a price min or max to the gifts?
2. Do you give a gift to each stateroom each day of the cruise?
3. Is there a set time and day to deliver gifts?
4. Do you give just one gift per stateroom or to each person in the stateroom?
5. Where can you find a FE? Either to buy or make?( btw I am not crafty)

Thank you so much for any help you can give me. My husband is not sure about doing this, but I know our daughter would love it. It sounds like so much from everything I read!
Not in charge of this FE, but to find out how to make one, here's a post to help you get started: (not all are sewn, some are done from Duct Tape and are EXTREMELY cute!).
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Here's another post about FE gifts:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

Also, there is a FB group called DISNEY CRUISE LINE FISH EXTENDERS (It's a closed group so you'll have to ask to join to help hold down on spammers)...they discuss both FE's and FE gifts....

Also, as a BROAD statement about FE's:
1. I don't know of any FE group that has imposed a min/max
2. Generally one gift - either one per stateroom, or one per person, or whatever you feel comfortable with - I personally do one stateroom gift (geared more to the adults) and then one gift for each child (something a bit more "fun" - but not expensive).....depends for me on who is in the room!
However, I also know some who have done something where you do get one gift each day (but they were smaller?? BUT no less useful or appreciated!
3. Depends on the group whether they decide to tell you when to deliver
4. See answer #2

Hope that helps.......
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #3333
kaseyC


Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Lake Villa, IL
Posts: 4,134

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Since there is some interest, I am looking into Tour B for a "kid-friendlier" Tour with Dolphins. I am also looking into just Dolphins. Please check the info below to see if all info is correct before I contact the tour group. The hope is that we can all meet for the same dolphin boat.
Tour D, Dolphin Tour Optional:
Van 1 FULL:

WVURunner-Emily, Michael, Sally, Jamie (4)
Tink1987-2
Nancy-Nancy, Vicki (2)
Van 2: 4 open spots:
LuvsTheSun-Leah (2)
Lynne (2)
Tour B, Dolphin Tour Optional:
2 Full Vans
Heatherb819-Heather (3)
Hmnaase-Hope (3)
Aunt Gram (3)
Disney Mouse House-Beverly (4)
KaseyC (3)
Just Dolphins:
Sarah
ladyshopper (1)
Thanks for adding us to the list!
__________________
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #3334
hmhaase
Earning My Ears
 
hmhaase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse

Not in charge of this FE, but to find out how to make one, here's a post to help you get started: (not all are sewn, some are done from Duct Tape and are EXTREMELY cute!).
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

Here's another post about FE gifts:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

Also, there is a FB group called DISNEY CRUISE LINE FISH EXTENDERS (It's a closed group so you'll have to ask to join to help hold down on spammers)...they discuss both FE's and FE gifts....

Also, as a BROAD statement about FE's:
1. I don't know of any FE group that has imposed a min/max
2. Generally one gift - either one per stateroom, or one per person, or whatever you feel comfortable with - I personally do one stateroom gift (geared more to the adults) and then one gift for each child (something a bit more "fun" - but not expensive).....depends for me on who is in the room!
However, I also know some who have done something where you do get one gift each day (but they were smaller?? BUT no less useful or appreciated!
3. Depends on the group whether they decide to tell you when to deliver
4. See answer #2

Hope that helps.......
Thanks so much for helping! I understand it a little more now and the thread you referred me to was great, thanks again!
hmhaase is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #3335
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Are you sure you don't want to take a walk on the wild side?
Yep...I'd like to live long enough to get to Barcelona!
NancyIL is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #3336
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
All the messages were from groups I belong to or pages I've liked and also from people that aren't on my friends list....
That's what I figured - thanks!
NancyIL is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #3337
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran
 
twopeasonepod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,166

Hi guys! I'm in between clients so didn't read everything thoroughly, but I see that private tours are being considered/booked. What are the reasons to do these versus DCL's? And honestly, I am so slammed I haven't even looked at anything onshore! I feel like such a slacker!
__________________
Having twins warrants many vacations!


twopeasonepod is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 PM   #3338
WVURunner
DIS Veteran
 
WVURunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Hi guys! I'm in between clients so didn't read everything thoroughly, but I see that private tours are being considered/booked. What are the reasons to do these versus DCL's? And honestly, I am so slammed I haven't even looked at anything onshore! I feel like such a slacker!
I started to look at other tour options since we were going to be in port for a long time and I wanted to do so much and Disney tours didn't offer all of it. Now I can see the Dolphin pods and see the Rock and the tunnels and st. Michaels Cave!
WVURunner is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 PM   #3339
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhaase View Post
Thanks so much for helping! I understand it a little more now and the thread you referred me to was great, thanks again!
And - someone posted the link to the "no sew fish extender" - try this post:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...24&postcount=5

They actually posted it on the FB group I mentioned, so I didn't have to look for it at all..
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:15 PM   #3340
DisneyMouseHouse


Help! I am a DIS Addict!
 
DisneyMouseHouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Hi guys! I'm in between clients so didn't read everything thoroughly, but I see that private tours are being considered/booked. What are the reasons to do these versus DCL's? And honestly, I am so slammed I haven't even looked at anything onshore! I feel like such a slacker!
Private tours tend to be a better ratio of ppl to "guides" and they generally cost less and can allow for a bit more flexibility.....not always, but sometimes....

Don't feel like a slacker, some aren't even into their ability to book online with DCL yet, we've got LOTS of time!
__________________
"One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching."
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."
“Always do good – this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.”
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
DisneyMouseHouse is offline  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 PM   #3341
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran
 
MandyGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 2,633

Just popping in to say "hi"!. Yay for getting coordination on group shore excursions!! I might go back and read more thoroughly when I am not so dang tired --- mother-in-law needs to do some excursions as she has not been to these ports before.

I hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday!! Today was "my Friday" as I don't work usually on Fri/Sat. But what a whoopin' of a week. Glad it's over!
MandyGirl is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #3342
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran
 
gonecrusin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MD
Posts: 617

Where is the Pub Crawl graphic that Mickey is a 'lime'? Am I hallucinating? I thought it was on the web but that one he is just black.
__________________
Susan

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
gonecrusin is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #3343
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran
 
gonecrusin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: MD
Posts: 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
I've created a public Flicker set called EBTA5-13. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmvandy...7630135067532/

As I find or create graphics I'll place them there. If you have graphics to share, let me know and I'll edit them in photoshop and put them in Flicker. Here are the two Pub Crawl graphics. I've changed the date to 2013 and placed them in a 12x12 file with 300 resolution, the size Vista recommends for printing tees.


Here it is! The second one is what I was looking for. Is it somewhere that I can copy and use on a shirt?
__________________
Susan

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
gonecrusin is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #3344
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer
 
mboekhoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Thanks...whew! I only now looked at Facebook and saw your post about the tour. Based on how quickly you found 4 more people for this tour, plus 4 other interested people - I'm sure you'll have no problem filling a second van.

Any chance you're also looking at private tours in Madeira, too?
If you are doing a private tour on Maderia go with Daniels Tours. We used them last time and they were awesome!
__________________
Missy in MN
mboekhoff is offline  
Old 02-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #3345
NancyIL
DIS Veteran
 
NancyIL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 23,742

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post
If you are doing a private tour on Maderia go with Daniels Tours. We used them last time and they were awesome!
Thanks. I have read many recommendations for his tours, but I haven't decided if I want to tour the island or stay in Funchal.
NancyIL is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: