Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
akeogh
Earning My Ears

Water temp in February?

Will we need shorty wetsuits to go in the water at Castaway Cay mid-February? On ship, are the pools heated? Also, some said to wear water shoes on the Aqua Duck because the steps leading up to the ride are very HOT....but is this the case in February when temps are cooler? We sail in 2 weeks!!! YEA!!!!
akeogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
gortman65
Proud papa to two Mouseketeers

We were on the Dream 1/13 - 1/17 and didn't need water shoes for the Aquaduck. As for the water at CC, it was cool at first but after a minute or so felt fine to me. We did not use wetsuits. It probably helped that it was nearly 80 degrees F the day we were at CC!

gortman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

We were there in Feb 3 years ago and I thought the water was like ice water!!!! It was nice to sit on the beach and play in the sand with DD but would only get my feet we in the water...and I am from up north and used to the cold (it's -30 today with wind chill). We still had an amazing time though.....so will you!

Emily
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
allears
"If I were not upon the sea..." I want to already have another cruise booked!

I've sailed several times in February, first couple of weeks. I've gotten in the water every time! It can be bracing, but not doesn't take to long to get used to, especially if its a warm sunny day.

Last year the day started out cloudy and misty, even sprinkled a bit while on the beach. I didn't get in the water at Serenity Bay, my partner did. The sun came out bright and strong at lunch, so on the way back to the ship, we took several slides down Pelican Plunge. It was quite refreshing!

Disney Wonder 2000, Disney Magic, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013 & 2014

allears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
hayesfamof4
Mouseketeer

I think it's really a hit or miss.... We were there this past October and it was chilly but not too bad. We were there 6 months prior (in April) and the water was freezing!!!! But the prior May, it was fine.... so, it really just depends. I'd take the swimsuits for chilly water and just be prepared. It was hard to even enjoy the pools in October because it was so cold. So, it really just depends.
*Disney Dream-3 nights-May 19, 2011
hayesfamof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
Scillycruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeogh
Will we need shorty wetsuits to go in the water at Castaway Cay mid-February? On ship, are the pools heated? Also, some said to wear water shoes on the Aqua Duck because the steps leading up to the ride are very HOT....but is this the case in February when temps are cooler? We sail in 2 weeks!!! YEA!!!!
We have been in Feb twice and the water has been fine for swimming both times. The first time was a bit windy so it was chilly getting in and out, but once in it was fine. But we are from the UK and live on a tiny island in the Atlantic and our sea is really cold - we usually wear wetsuits here, but no way at CC.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
kcashner
DIS Veteran

The pools are heated. I doubt that the water temps at Castaway vary as much as they seem to. When the air is cool, the water feels freezing. And February is variable. We've had great weeks and COLD weeks.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: