Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
runnerchick
Earning My Ears

Disney Cruise - Early Fall Deals?

Hello - LOVE, LOVE this site! I have been to Disney World quite a few times. Hoping to take a Disney Cruise in either Sept or Oct of 2013. Just hoping someone could let me know if Disney Cruise offers any specials (hoping for Kids Cruise Free) for early fall cruises?? (Galveston, Port C, or Miami)...Kindest Thanks for any insight!!!
runnerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
Aura of Foreboding
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerchick View Post
Hello - LOVE, LOVE this site! I have been to Disney World quite a few times. Hoping to take a Disney Cruise in either Sept or Oct of 2013. Just hoping someone could let me know if Disney Cruise offers any specials (hoping for Kids Cruise Free) for early fall cruises?? (Galveston, Port C, or Miami)...Kindest Thanks for any insight!!!
There is a bit of an Early Fall Deal on 3-night and 4-night cruises on the Dream. I believe it is $50 additional OBC on inside, $75 additional OBC on outside and $100 additional OBC on verandah rooms.

Other than that, nothing yet.
DCL - 2012 (4-night Bahamian on the Dream)

In the works:
January 17-20th, 2014 - Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon(solo) ~ * ~ * ~ August 16th, 2014 - Disney Fantasy

Aura of Foreboding is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #3
runnerchick
Earning My Ears

Thanks - do they typically have fall offers (kind of like free dining at the park??). TX!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

You can't predict DCL specials as accurately as you can WDW (like you know every fall will have free dining). However, fall is low season for the cruise line and they typically start with some of the lowest rates of the year...and reduce from there. The quirk is what the specials will be--KSF, FL res, Military rates, *GTs, etc are all possibilities as are "bounceback" specials of additional discounts and onboard credits for bookings on board.

The twist this fall is that the Magic will not be cruising in the US until October--fewer available cabins may equal higher fares/fewer discounts.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnerchick View Post
Compilation of historic DCL *GT sailings and other discounts
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
runnerchick
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question! Your thoughtfulness is very much appreciated!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

I expect the Dream discounts to continue maybe thru October. But at that point, sales pick up as hurricane season comes to an end.

Miami and Galveston are more than likely to get KSF just because they have not proven to be very popular. KSF did help fill them during Feb, Mar & April.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
SteelersLover
Mouseketeer

Last September (2012) there were Fantasy GT rates starting at $100pp which were excellent...
SteelersLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
bmer1rick
DIS Veteran

Normally you won't see deals until the Paid in Full (PIF) date for the particular cruises. As normal business practice, DCL will not offer discount rates until everyone that has booked for the cruise has paid in full. At that time they will have a good idea of how full the cruise is and decide if they need to offer discounted rates for that sailing.

This practice also provides much consternation for those that booked early because even with the 10% on board discount, several times, the discounted rates are better than they booked. However, all discounted rates come with additional restrictions than a normal cruise rate.
bmer1rick is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: