Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #46
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicDisneyDuo View Post
I sense a thread-lock or clean up coming soon.
Its sad isn't it.

An innocent question is asked and this is what happens.

I wonder if some of these posters are so confrontational face to face.
Or is it just because they are hiding behind a computer screen?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #47
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelnkelly View Post
http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4370

Here is an article that talks about how it uses more energy if guests leave the doors open and it could effect the other rooms, but nobody has strict guidelines. Its just a suggestion not to leave the door open.

So people need to step away from the ledge, its not effecting the entire cruise. These cruise lines want the doors to remain closed due to energy usage. And for those that say you should follow this because it uses less energy tell me when the last time you went on vacation and didnt keep the hotel room colder than you would at home. People go on vacation to enjoy and spoil themselves. now if its causing discomfort to someone else then by all means you should avoid the activity, but if nobody is getting hurt then stop complaining about it.
So, if you go to someone else's house, and they ask you not to leave the door open because the dog will get out, do you leave the door open because "it's only a request"?

Same thing, DCL says don't leave door open, but you do it anyway. That would make you a fairly undesirable guest in my house.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #48
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
So, if you go to someone else's house, and they ask you not to leave the door open because the dog will get out, do you leave the door open because "it's only a request"?

Same thing, DCL says don't leave door open, but you do it anyway. That would make you a fairly undesirable guest in my house.
you are sooo right, we are basically comparing a hotel room to someones house. two totally different set of rules. I am guessing the things you do in a hotel room when on vacation are not the same things you would do at say your best friends house. If you are going to compare things please do so in the context. Last time I was at a friends house he didnt have a view of an ocean with a nice ocean breeze and verandah.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #49
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
Its sad isn't it.

An innocent question is asked and this is what happens.

I wonder if some of these posters are so confrontational face to face.
Or is it just because they are hiding behind a computer screen?
Lori, to me this is not about being confrontational, its that some people love to tell others they are wrong and then hide behind a post someone put up from who knows where. Its just like the hotels asking you to reuse the towels in a room, they are doing it so they can save on washing towels, same thing most likely with keeping the verandah door closed, its saves energy. I am all for saving energy, but if I want to keep my door open for an hour while in the room I dont need someone telling me it effects the entire ship and karma is going to come back and bite me in the butt. makes no sense to me.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: