Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #16
disneymom2evie
I have to have a cold spot in bed!!

Still pretty bummed that my girl won't be able to see Doc and Sofia. That's just our luck, though. I'm not going to complain because I'll be happy just to be in the park for a day I do hope I can find some merchandise though. We HAVE to bring something home for my girls best friend, Sophie. If only Monster High was Disney... it would be a cinch!
disneymom2evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #17
thegib95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6disneykids View Post
MGM--still have and "ear-ful" tower t-shirt, remember when that was the icon for that park?)
I still Think it should be the icon, and I even use it on my graphical chart itinerary that I give to the family for our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymom2evie View Post
Yes. It's MGM. I do not care who has the contract right now. It was MGM when I was a kid and it's MGM now as an adult
I struggle so hard to call it by the right name.... Teach an old dog new tricks, one thats bad with names any ways..... Hard to do....

At least I'm not as bad as my dad, Always Calls AK - Animal Planet... "Dad that is a channel, not a theme park."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacClemsons View Post
I thought Disney Junior was a puppet show? Are they changing the show format or are you talking about a different attraction/show?
It is a puppet show, but I think people are holding out hope for a M&G, or Hollywood and Vine addition... There was a Character Version of Sophia in the Christmas Parade, so I guess she could be used anywhere, anytime...

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Upcoming: Dec 2013 -SS (Maybe?!?! or BWV)
Past: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |
December 2013-AKL |

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #18
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

Since they are putting a lot on poor Sofia's shoulder , I'm pretty sure she will be appearing at the Character Breakfast in the park!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
BellaBaby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegib95 View Post
I still Think it should be the icon, and I even use it on my graphical chart itinerary that I give to the family for our trip.

I struggle so hard to call it by the right name.... Teach an old dog new tricks, one thats bad with names any ways..... Hard to do....

At least I'm not as bad as my dad, Always Calls AK - Animal Planet... "Dad that is a channel, not a theme park."

It is a puppet show, but I think people are holding out hope for a M&G, or Hollywood and Vine addition... There was a Character Version of Sophia in the Christmas Parade, so I guess she could be used anywhere, anytime...

My DD9 would LOVE to meet Sophia--she looks so cute in the parade!! We have a resv. for the first time at H & V in June. It would be great if she was there!

I know what you mean about new names for things. My DD11 is in MIDDLE SCHOOL, not JUNIOR HIGH as I'm used to calling it!!

I laughed so hard at your dad calling AK Animal Planet! That's so cute and funny!!

Upcoming: 5/28-6/4 HOJO'S KIDS SUITE DISNEYLAND!
With Kids:
4/03 ASMO and Caribbean Beach Resort
4/05 HOJO's DL
4/07 Nick Hotel and WH
4-5/09 Nick Hotel and WH
6/10 WH
5-6/11 HOJO'S DL
6/12 Split stay: WH/AKV/Poly
5/29-6/12/13 WH 2 WEEKS!!

Before kids:
1986 WDW
1992 DL
BellaBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #20
hineline07
Earning My Ears

We are going in April and I am so hoping Sophia will be at the disney junior breakfast we're having, that would make my daughter so happy!

hineline07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #21
Floridagram
DIS Veteran

Does anyone else find it surprisingly UnDisney that Sophia and Doc are not added anywhere? They have missed such a merchandi$ing opportunity. If they and their toys were bombarded at the parks I know that stuff would be selling.

If they had the time to create a new character and TV show/movie then they should have had time to get the stuff made in China. I knew there must be a new Spiderman and Avengers movie coming out because all of a sudden the stores were bombarded with toys related to it before the movie actually came out.
Carnival Holiday-1992,NCL Norway-1996,Carnival Ecstasy-1998,Carnival Tropicale-1999,RCCL Voyager of the Seas-2001,RCCL Mariner of the Seas- 2004,HAL Zuiderdam-2004,HAL Westerdam-February 2007,Disney Magic-April 2007.Carnival Liberty-May 2008,DCL Fantasy- May 2012, CCL Freedom-Aug 2012, DCL Fantasy April 2013, DCL Wonder Sept. 2014
Floridagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #22
disneymom2evie
I have to have a cold spot in bed!!

I was poking around the disney store site yesterday and I found a few Sofia and Doc things, but not much at all. Toys R Us is a different story, though. I can't wait to go to the park! I wish it was for longer than a day, but I guess I'll take what I can get. Also wish I could have won the lottery this past weekend to extend our stay by a long time...

As far as names and being awful with them.... my girls Na Na (husbands step dad) is terrible with names!!!! Evie was the flower girl in a friend of mines wedding and her son was the ring bearer. They're a little less than a year apart in age, so they were absolutely adorable together. Well, since Evie wore a white dress and Landon wore a black coat and the bride wore a white dress and her husband had the black coat on... Evie and Landon think they got married too. We play along with it. We take them on dates to the movies and to the park. We even took her to see him when he was at Children's Hospital here in New Orleans when he was diagnosed with the brain tumor. Evie has many names for Landon: Landon, Prince Charming, boyfriend, husband, brother.... all of it. Sam (step-dad in law or whatever) calls him Alden. That's the only name he calls the kid. Alden. Sure hope he manages to get his name right by the time they're in high school and dating!!!
disneymom2evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #23
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

Has anyone heard any more about exactly when this will start? We will be there from the 9th to the 16th
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: