Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Requests for HRH Reservations booked through Orbitz

Friends will be joining my family on our upcoming trip to Universal and will be staying at HRH as well. I just found out that they have booked through Orbitz. They have asked about making room requests.

I just have a couple of questions:

1. How are they suppose to make the room request if they didn't book through Loews? I have only booked through Loews and made the request when I made the reservation. I'm not familiar with how requests can be done if not booked directly.

2. Will they be permitted to make the requests now or do they have to wait until a week or so before arriving? I've heard some third party reservations are not available at the hotel until close to the arriving date.

3. Is it possible for me to make the requests for them? I would like to request that our rooms be near each other. If not, this isn't a big issue.

The main reason why I would like to help them is because they have pet allergies as well and would like to make sure that they are far from any pet rooms.

By the way, do they provide different rooms (say, possibly a not-so-desirable room) if you book through a travel agency or third party reservation vs booking directly with the hotel? I don't think so, but I thought I'd ask to get expert opinions.

Thank you for any suggestions and assistance.
dvcdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcdisney View Post
Friends will be joining my family on our upcoming trip to Universal and will be staying at HRH as well. I just found out that they have booked through Orbitz. They have asked about making room requests.

I just have a couple of questions:

1. How are they suppose to make the room request if they didn't book through Loews? I have only booked through Loews and made the request when I made the reservation. I'm not familiar with how requests can be done if not booked directly.

2. Will they be permitted to make the requests now or do they have to wait until a week or so before arriving? I've heard some third party reservations are not available at the hotel until close to the arriving date.

3. Is it possible for me to make the requests for them? I would like to request that our rooms be near each other. If not, this isn't a big issue.

The main reason why I would like to help them is because they have pet allergies as well and would like to make sure that they are far from any pet rooms.

By the way, do they provide different rooms (say, possibly a not-so-desirable room) if you book through a travel agency or third party reservation vs booking directly with the hotel? I don't think so, but I thought I'd ask to get expert opinions.

Thank you for any suggestions and assistance.
They can call the hotel. Their reservation should have been transfered to the hotel. You can also call the hotel and ask for their room to be close to yours and not near the pet floor. The hotel doesn't seem to give different rooms for different booking agencies.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
They can call the hotel. Their reservation should have been transfered to the hotel. You can also call the hotel and ask for their room to be close to yours and not near the pet floor. The hotel doesn't seem to give different rooms for different booking agencies.
Thanks Damo.

I'll let them know. So, other than prepaying for their whole stay (while I only paid the one night deposit), our reservations are essentially the same in their system?
Old 01-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Thanks Damo.

I'll let them know. So, other than prepaying for their whole stay (while I only paid the one night deposit), our reservations are essentially the same in their system?
Yes they are. The only other difference is that you get credited for a "stay" in their youfirst perk system, where they will not. If you haven't already become a member, you should. It adds up and even if you can just get free internet out of it, it is worth it!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
dvcdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Yes they are. The only other difference is that you get credited for a "stay" in their youfirst perk system, where they will not. If you haven't already become a member, you should. It adds up and even if you can just get free internet out of it, it is worth it!!!
Thanks.

I am a member. But I recall reading somewhere (possibly when I booked it) that my reservation was not eligible for credits at the HRH. Did I misunderstand or misread it?

However, I did get credit for our past stay at PBH.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Thanks.

I am a member. But I recall reading somewhere (possibly when I booked it) that my reservation was not eligible for credits at the HRH. Did I misunderstand or misread it?

However, I did get credit for our past stay at PBH.
You can earn credits at the HRH to be used at the other two hotels.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: