Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #2566
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub322 View Post
Not sure if anyone has posted more up-to-date info about the pool refurb yet, but we are here right now and there is a golf cart taking people back and forth to Stormalong Bay from the sidewalk area behind Community Hall. The refurb started Monday and we had no problems catching a ride to and from the Beach Club yesterday.

Also, we booked a standard view 1 BR on our points and I requested "high floor, across from bus stop" and that's exactly what we got. Room 4117 looks right out on the bridge and stream leading into the resort and we have an unobstructed view of Illuminations every night.

I did post that, but it's always great to have closures/rehabs repeated - thanks.

Glad you got just the location you asked for. Hope you're having a wonderful vacation with low crowds and great weather!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #2567
jamerican
Disney Addict

Question Room Requests

Help me please...I just found out that I am going to BWV in October! YEAH! I am staying on points...what I am dreaming of is a view of Spaceship Earth with possibly some fireworks I know, but as long as I am dreaming! I am staying in a preferred view studio...does anyone have some room number suggestions I can request...and can I call and put in my requests? Or does the DVC member need to do that. I have only stayed one other time, in March 2011 - I turned *gulp* 40 in Disney and I stayed at OKW on points. I called the resort and requested which buildings I preferred then. I wasn't sure of anything had changed or if BWV was different...let the dreaming and planning begin!!

March 2011 OKW - First Magical Trip! Turned 40 with my blessings! October 2013 - BWV here we come!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #2568
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
Help me please...I just found out that I am going to BWV in October! YEAH! I am staying on points...what I am dreaming of is a view of Spaceship Earth with possibly some fireworks I know, but as long as I am dreaming! I am staying in a preferred view studio...does anyone have some room number suggestions I can request...and can I call and put in my requests? Or does the DVC member need to do that. I have only stayed one other time, in March 2011 - I turned *gulp* 40 in Disney and I stayed at OKW on points. I called the resort and requested which buildings I preferred then. I wasn't sure of anything had changed or if BWV was different...let the dreaming and planning begin!!
You can't make any requests until you possibly do online check in. Then you can check the boxes, but not make general requests. The member will need to add those to your reservation, you can't call to add those.

Since you are pool/garden preferred, more than likely you will have a view of one of the pools and that won't give you Spaceship Earth. You might see some fireworks/lasers from DHS, though.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:41 AM   #2569
rosiegmendez
Mouseketeer

How comfortable are the daybeds?

We may stay BWI standard room, are a family of 5, so one of the kiddos will definitely be sleeping in the daybed each night.

How comfortable are they? How do they fold out? Are there videos or pictures out there somewhere showing it?

Thanks

2013 - AoA LM / POR WDW
2007 - 2009 Annual Passes to Disneyland
2006 - GC Disneyland
Old 01-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #2570
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiegmendez View Post
We may stay BWI standard room, are a family of 5, so one of the kiddos will definitely be sleeping in the daybed each night.

How comfortable are they? How do they fold out? Are there videos or pictures out there somewhere showing it?

Thanks
No one in our party has every slept on it, but they're about the size of a loveseat:

Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #2571
JessiBelle22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiegmendez

Thanks
That's exactly what I wanted to watch or see. Lol But I have yet to find any photos or video! Will you post a link if you come across anything?!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #2572
rosiegmendez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiBelle22 View Post
That's exactly what I wanted to watch or see. Lol But I have yet to find any photos or video! Will you post a link if you come across anything?!
Sure will. I'll try posting on the main resort page to see if I get a response.

2013 - AoA LM / POR WDW
2007 - 2009 Annual Passes to Disneyland
2006 - GC Disneyland
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #2573
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Quote:
Sure will. I'll try posting on the main resort page to see if I get a response.
The photo I posted above is the daybed. Here is a larger photo of the daybed:

Here's a link to a BWI STD Room video tour (I couldn't find any with the daybed actually being used by someone):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzGlYNE0HgY
Old 01-31-2013, 02:39 PM   #2574
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
No one in our party has every slept on it, but they're about the size of a loveseat:

Ha... I was about to post the SAME picture.....either we ended up with the same room or the rooms are identical down to the pictures

The daybed as a couch / loveseat was pretty comfortable, but we also had no use for it as a bed.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #2575
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:

Thanks

We were there earlier in the month and my DD18 slept on the day bed with no problem. It was bigger then I expected.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #2576
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenneth79 View Post
Ha... I was about to post the SAME picture.....either we ended up with the same room or the rooms are identical down to the pictures

The daybed as a couch / loveseat was pretty comfortable, but we also had no use for it as a bed.
That photo I quickly extracted from Pinterest LOL. Thanks for posting about your daybed experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
We were there earlier in the month and my DD18 slept on the day bed with no problem. It was bigger then I expected.
Thanks, MUFFYCAT for letting us know that your DD18 slept on it just fine
Old 01-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #2577
marmar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
It's just one big happy building. With hallways from the Twilight Zone. People complain about the halls going on forever. But I've been to other resort with several building and at least at Boardwalk you're indoors.
I've been at the end of forever at the Yacht Club and the BWI. Once I learned the secret path thru the quiet pool courtyard it wasn't bad.

One time we were the very last room at club level. You had to stop and get something to eat and drink at the lounge to make it.

We've also been the farthest room at Kidani Village. At least you don't have a lot of traffic past your room at 1:00am
Old 01-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #2578
JessiBelle22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK

The photo I posted above is the daybed. Here is a larger photo of the daybed:

Here's a link to a BWI STD Room video tour (I couldn't find any with the daybed actually being used by someone):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzGlYNE0HgY
Thank you so much!! :-)

Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #2579
bwifan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Pool view sounds perfect! Thanks for the advice, did you have a balcony?

Yes, we have gotten a full balcony every time but once.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #2580
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmar View Post
I've been at the end of forever at the Yacht Club and the BWI. Once I learned the secret path thru the quiet pool courtyard it wasn't bad.

One time we were the very last room at club level. You had to stop and get something to eat and drink at the lounge to make it.

We've also been the farthest room at Kidani Village. At least you don't have a lot of traffic past your room at 1:00am

I love how your room glass is half full: no noise at Kidani, snacks on the way back to your room at YC... Next you'll tell us there wasn't housekeeping to bother you since you were too far out

Quote:
Thank you so much!! :-)
You're welcome. I know it's frustrating when you can't picture something about your upcoming trip, but I couldn't find an 'in-use' BWI daybed photo - would Poly work? JK
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: