Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #16
brewhome
Mouseketeer

We jut had lunch there on Tuesday, 1/22 and paid OOP. DH and I both had the cheese soup -it was good, but I found it to be much saltier than the last time we ate there in 2011. DH and DS1 had the strip steak and they both really enjoyed them - they were cooked perfectly. I had the filet with mushroom risotto and truffle butter sauce, and it was delicious, as usual. They did put a ton of sauce on it, but I just scraped some to the side and was fine. DS2 had the kids steak and he loved it. We didn't get dessert because we were very full. DH and I each had a Moosehead beer and that's always yummy. And of course, the pretzel bread was awesome, and we liked the other two breads as well.

They did take the burger off the menu - we asked the waiter, and he said they do not serve them anymore. The lunch menu is now the exact same as the dinner menu, no more prix fixe option. We loved the light-up menus! I also didn't think the tables were as crowded together as they were before... maybe it was just where we were. We also had an excellent waiter and the meal was nicely paced.

Now that we've been there twice, I think we will try something new like the Yachtsman just for a different experience... but I would go back again some day.
January/February 2011 - Second Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
September 2011 - Two Sisters Take on Night of Joy! - Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2012 - Back to Night of Joy!! - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2013 - Third Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
brewhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
katt789
DIS Veteran

I ate there in November and it was just as amazing as I remembered!! It's definitely an amazing place to eat, lunch or dinner, the pretzel bread, cheese soup & filet are among the favorite meals of anywhere in the world!!

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

DH and I had lunch there in October and it was as wonderful as we remembered from past visits. We both had the filet, which was well seasoned, perfectly cooked and cut-it-with-your-fork tender. We had excellent service and an overall great experience. We'll return for sure!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #19
aleksandr
Mouseketeer

It's been years since we've eaten here and I think I have sticker shock from seeing the menu prices! I'm not one to shy away from an expensive meal necessarily, but $43 for the 8oz filet? Is it really worth twice as much as a similar filet that you can choose on your own at Texas Roadhouse?? I recall liking Le Cellier a decade ago, but I'm sure the prices weren't as expensive at the time

Now for my specific question...does anyone know if they will prepare the filet to your specifications? Specifically without the mushroom risotto sauce? Neither of us like fungus...
aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #20
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandr View Post

Now for my specific question...does anyone know if they will prepare the filet to your specifications? Specifically without the mushroom risotto sauce? Neither of us like fungus...
I believe they will. My dh doesn't like mushrooms and as of a few years ago, they gave him mashed. I have never encountered a side substitution problem at Disney!
Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #21
DelrayDave
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I believe they will. My dh doesn't like mushrooms and as of a few years ago, they gave him mashed. I have never encountered a side substitution problem at Disney!
Agree. Been there 4 times and have never gotten the mushrooms. Was just there in December and got my filet with nothing again. They did give me potatoes.
DelrayDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: