Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #166
klitteral2009
Mouseketeer

We were just at the World last week. The five of us (myself, DH, and DD's 10,3, and 1) had several dinners in Epcot. We had managed to do everything big for DD10 Everest, ToT, RnRC, and had been trying to get to Test Track all week. Every time we'd checked wait times, they were outrageous and we just couldn't manage to get to Epcot early enough to grab FP's for before 8pm!! Our next to last Disney day, we were headed back to Epcot for dinner and were lamenting the fact that we were probably going to miss out on TT this trip. All of a sudden a family on their way out asked us if we were just arriving and if we could use 3 FP's for TT It was the best pixie dust of our trip! The FP's came due right after we finished dinner so it was a great way to end an evening. I had several extra FPs I tried to share but they were singles and were difficult to unload...maybe next time I can be someone's pixie dust.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #167
nannye
DIS Veteran

Such great Ideas, I'm going to set a budget for V (age 6) to do some RAOK things. In the past we've brought lots of glow bracelets and passed them out at wishes, fantasmic and Illuminations. But I think we could do a little more.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
nannye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #168
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Well we are firm believers in the fp hand out and also in the meal/ snack leftovers going to people behind us but I have to say I feel we have revieced much more pixie dust than we have spread.
Dd (now 12) had her first trip for her 4th bday. Sooooo much pixie dust including balloons in the room, a picture card and autographs on her bday, but most especially was the CM (in a suit n tie no less) who saw her sobbing in DInoLand while wearing her bday pin. He asked her what was wrong. We told him she was to short for primeval whirl. He replied 'princesses do NOT cry in Disney on their birthdays'. He then personally took her throughout the 'carni' area until she won a prize.
My other DD had her first trip at age 7 months. She started to have a breakdown waiting for the mothers day brunch (me too ) and someone handed her an Eyore stuffed toy. Made her day.
This past trip a few weeks ago, Dh was sitting at the firepit behind AKL w a sleeping DD (2). Dh got up to point out a picture opportunity to me and tripped over one of the rocks, landing on concrete with Ds. Before I even realized what had happened, a lady had dumped the ice out of her drink into a pool towel. We also had a CM, Christopher, there within a minute or 2. He gave my DS a Donald Duck toy while he was being checked out. This was the second day of the trip. The last day of the trip, we saw Christopher again who not only asked how my son was but remembered his name. We also received a bottle of wine to 'enjoy on your balcony' from Sam on CL when he saw the bandaids n bruises all over DH.
Heather

MomofDisneyLoversx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #169
nannye
DIS Veteran

Pixie dust is cool!
we've been twice and haven't received any I don't think. We were celebrating V's 5th birthday last time, and she got lots of happy birthdays, but nothing extra special, not that that matters. She however is so thrilled giving out glow bracelets, I'm excited to see what she wants to do this year aside from glow bracelets. I think I'll buy some disney stickers for her to give out too and then let her pick some small items. she could give away some pins too.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 01-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #170
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldynred812 View Post
We were just there a week ago. We arrived on Sat Jan 19. We weren't in our hotel room 10 minutes when our 6 yr old daughter lost her very first tooth!!! She was beyond excited!! (We were at the All Star Movies) After we ate dinner, my DH went to the front desk to simply ask them if they had any special ideas...first visit from the toothfairy on our first night in Disney. The 2 ladies there went nuts...they GAVE my DH a bouquet of 3 balloons and a stuffed Eeyore to give to my daughter for her celebration. Then they GAVE my DH 2 Disney Dollars to place under her pillow that night. We were shocked and so grateful...we were just looking for ideas for US to do and they did all of that for our daughter!! Disney Magic at it's best and she will remember losing her first tooth for the rest of her life!!

Kecia
LOL I will NEVER forget my oldest DD went on vacation to Washington DC with my parents and lost 2 different teeth (the first she lost) while on vacation. The "Vacation tooth fairy" left her a $20 bill each time!!! Can you believe that??? I told my mom the tooth fairy here was poor and would be leaving a buck! So we told her the tooth fairy pays extra on vacation! LOL
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #171
IowaTater
Mouseketeer

You all have given me great ideas! I went to Party City this weekend so see what kind of little trinkets they have available and found tons of party favors that would be perfect for RAOKs!

I may have to hit up the dollar stores as well.

Pasta & Potatoes Conquer Orlando - October 2-10, 2013

First trip: 1995 - stayed off property
2nd trip (3rd anniversary): October 2-10, 2013 - ASMu
3rd trip (5th anniversary) (tentative): Nov. 29-Dec. 4, 2015 - POP
IowaTater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #172
nannye
DIS Veteran

bump

August 2011, V & I @ POP

Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #173
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure I've been given random fast passes which is always nice, and I definitely do my best to give any we're not going to use. I'm definitely stocking up on glow sticks and stickers to give away for next trip.

A few weeks ago we had grabbed Peter Pan's Flight fps and ended up getting in line for lunch at BOG, and realized we wouldn't be able to use them, so I found a couple of ladies that I offered them to and they were nice enough to ask if I wanted them to go grab me some more that I could use later!

One of the days I was going to MVMCP, and was doing "will call" for the tickets, I went in to guest services to pick it up inside MK and was chatting with the CM helping me and found out he had grown up in Canada too. He got me my ticket and then handed me another piece of paper that was good for a free Mickey bar!!

Last Sept we were at Tony's and despite the food not being good, had an amazing time. We were talking with our server Shelley, about a bunch of different stuff, where we were from, auditioning, working for Disney, etc. We had so much fun with her I know the manager was over at the table at some point and we said she was amazing. And after we were all full from dinner and not ordering dessert, she ended up bringing us out free ice cream! Topped with chocolate sauce, sprinkles, the works! We also found out she was transferring over to BOG when it opened!

Fast forward to last month the same friend and I were eating at BOG, and of course, keeping an eye out for Shelley, we ended up seeing her, and calling her over, and she remembered us! That evening she spent more time with us than our own server did, and even brought out the Grey Stuff and a special card for Paige's birthday.

Needless to say I think most of my random pixie dust moments were caused by cast members, and I love them for it. I do however greatly appreciate every person who: gifts a fast pass, gives up a seat on the bus, offers to take a picture of the whole group! Everything's appreciated!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #174
msminnieears
Mouseketeer

We just got back Saturday, March 16th. My kids wanted to ride Kalhi Rapids and it was the coldest day we had. I was dreading it, one reason was I had forgotten my poncho at the room. We all know how wet you get on that ride. But since my daughter has never rode it before I caved. I was dreading it as I walked closer and closer. Right before I got on the ride a man leaving offered me his poncho and just asked me to pass it on when I was finished. Oh What A Blessing!!! And yes, I was the one all the water came in on and stayed pretty dry considering. I then passed it on to a lady that had the same look on her face as I did.

1985-off site; 1991,1993,1995- Disney Villas; 1999- AS Movies; 2004- SSR; 2006- AS Movies; 2008- CR; 2010- POR ;March 2013 CSR; July 2014 day in MK; next trip... May 2015 hopefully,,,,
msminnieears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #175
JamieJo23
Earning My Ears

I feel like we had so much pixie dust on our trip, but one thing stands out above all others. My then 7 year old daughter is obsessed with Rapunzel. As as special treat for her, I decided to get tickets for MNSSHP so she could meet Flynn and Rapunzel together, and wear her Halloween costume (the Rapunzel wedding dress, naturally). We did not tell the girls about the Halloween party until right before we went, but I intentionally had put off meeting Rapunzel when we were in MK because I knew this was the big moment.

When we got to the party, we headed straight to the theater to meet Rapunzel and Tara was over the moon excited. We had to wait about 30 minutes and when we were next to go in, she was literally shaking with excitement. Imagine her face when we walked into the area and there was Cinderella and her prince, Snow White and her prince, and an empty space. The little girl in front of us was sobbing, and both of my daughters were barely holding it together. I was devastated. We got the autographs and pictures (and for the record, Snow White was amazing and really did a lot to cheer my girls up) and tried to make the most of the party, but Tara's heart just wasn't in it at that point. We decided to go meet Merida and both girls really enjoyed that. As we were leaving Merida's area, one of the CMs asked if we were having fun and when Tara said "I guess so," she smiled and told her to go meet Flynn Rider. Tara, of course, told her everything about how Flynn and Rapunzel weren't there and the CM was surprised. She told us to hold on and went off to check something. She came back with another gentleman who got down on his knees and asked Tara for the whole story. He took her by the hand and said he had an idea.

We followed him all the way back to the theater (stopping to catch the headless horseman starting the parade) and he lead us in a back way. He had us stand outside a different door for a few minutes and then took us in to a room where Rapunzel was waiting for us, along with a photo pass photographer. Those pictures of Tara's face are my favorite treasure from the trip. We ended up spending about 15 minutes with Rapunzel (I think we have 40+ pictures lol). That moment really turned everything around for us that night. We didn't get to meet Flynn, but that was okay. We will ALWAYS treasure those memories!!

Another small but memorable moment was at Pecos Bill's. We struck up a conversation with a very friendly CM with a great sense of humor. The girls enjoyed talking to him and asking him all sorts of questions (he was a part of the college program). Before we left, he asked my older daughter if she liked silver or gold. She answered and he gave her a sheriff's badge in that color and the other to my younger daughter. They were both really excited!
JamieJo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #176
forever11709
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJo23
I feel like we had so much pixie dust on our trip, but one thing stands out above all others. My then 7 year old daughter is obsessed with Rapunzel. As as special treat for her, I decided to get tickets for MNSSHP so she could meet Flynn and Rapunzel together, and wear her Halloween costume (the Rapunzel wedding dress, naturally). We did not tell the girls about the Halloween party until right before we went, but I intentionally had put off meeting Rapunzel when we were in MK because I knew this was the big moment.

When we got to the party, we headed straight to the theater to meet Rapunzel and Tara was over the moon excited. We had to wait about 30 minutes and when we were next to go in, she was literally shaking with excitement. Imagine her face when we walked into the area and there was Cinderella and her prince, Snow White and her prince, and an empty space. The little girl in front of us was sobbing, and both of my daughters were barely holding it together. I was devastated. We got the autographs and pictures (and for the record, Snow White was amazing and really did a lot to cheer my girls up) and tried to make the most of the party, but Tara's heart just wasn't in it at that point. We decided to go meet Merida and both girls really enjoyed that. As we were leaving Merida's area, one of the CMs asked if we were having fun and when Tara said "I guess so," she smiled and told her to go meet Flynn Rider. Tara, of course, told her everything about how Flynn and Rapunzel weren't there and the CM was surprised. She told us to hold on and went off to check something. She came back with another gentleman who got down on his knees and asked Tara for the whole story. He took her by the hand and said he had an idea.

We followed him all the way back to the theater (stopping to catch the headless horseman starting the parade) and he lead us in a back way. He had us stand outside a different door for a few minutes and then took us in to a room where Rapunzel was waiting for us, along with a photo pass photographer. Those pictures of Tara's face are my favorite treasure from the trip. We ended up spending about 15 minutes with Rapunzel (I think we have 40+ pictures lol). That moment really turned everything around for us that night. We didn't get to meet Flynn, but that was okay. We will ALWAYS treasure those memories!!

Another small but memorable moment was at Pecos Bill's. We struck up a conversation with a very friendly CM with a great sense of humor. The girls enjoyed talking to him and asking him all sorts of questions (he was a part of the college program). Before we left, he asked my older daughter if she liked silver or gold. She answered and he gave her a sheriff's badge in that color and the other to my younger daughter. They were both really excited!
These at the things that keep me coming back, the *magic* your story brought tear to my eyes, thank you for sharing

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
forever11709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #177
xbonnie38
Mouseketeer

my DH and I were walking through Hollywood studios one evening and a couple approached us and gave us their priority seating passes for Fantasmic! it was awesome because it was the first time we had seen it.

We have also given someone a rain poncho on a rainy day, bought dinner for a family of three with our left over free dining credits we had , and then bought a family of 5 Mickey Bars with more of our left over credits. Both times the different families looked at us like we were nuts, and the I explained it was the last day of our trip and we couldnt possibly use them and we would rather sprinkle pixie dust with them, then they were like ah okay! LOL it was priceless, and the favorite thing was giving a pin off one of our lanyards to a little girl who wanted to pin trade but was petrified to ask us , we overheard her talking to her Mom about how much she liked one of my pins, so I gave it to her , that was priceless!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #178
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

While on the Monorail to Epcot, a guy named Mike gave my youngest daughter a Snow White pin out of his pin collection. It was her first pin ever and it really made her day. He said a princess pin for a princess and it matched what she was wearing. I have a few Pictures of him but I am not one to invade someone's privacy, so Mike, if you were on the Monorail wearing a Red jacket with the words Walt Disney on it in the back and blue hat, Thank you so much

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 AM   #179
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

A few years ago I was contacted by a DisBoards member who was very active in the disABILITIES Forum. They had to cancel their trip and had four tickets to an upcoming MVMCP. They mailed the tickets to me and on the Sunday (a few days before the Party) I went over to Epcot and looked for a family with two adults and two kids.

I approached three different families, identifying myself as a CM and said I would like to ask them a few questions. The first two did not qualify as they were leaving before the Party. The third had two girls, about six and eight.

First I found they were from several states away and they were staying past the date of the Party and did not have tickets. They said they had wanted to go, but could not work out the extra expense. I broke into a large smile and said "You have just hit the jackpot". I then explained that I was giving them the tickets for the Party at no cost to them. I did give them the envelope they were sent to me in, so if they wanted to they could send a thank you card or note to the donating family.

And I did let the donating family know of the name and city of the family I gave the tickets to, so if they got any mysterious mail they would know who it was from.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #180
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
A few years ago I was contacted by a DisBoards member who was very active in the disABILITIES Forum. They had to cancel their trip and had four tickets to an upcoming MVMCP. They mailed the tickets to me and on the Sunday (a few days before the Party) I went over to Epcot and looked for a family with two adults and two kids.

I approached three different families, identifying myself as a CM and said I would like to ask them a few questions. The first two did not qualify as they were leaving before the Party. The third had two girls, about six and eight.

First I found they were from several states away and they were staying past the date of the Party and did not have tickets. They said they had wanted to go, but could not work out the extra expense. I broke into a large smile and said "You have just hit the jackpot". I then explained that I was giving them the tickets for the Party at no cost to them. I did give them the envelope they were sent to me in, so if they wanted to they could send a thank you card or note to the donating family.

And I did let the donating family know of the name and city of the family I gave the tickets to, so if they got any mysterious mail they would know who it was from.

Well Done!!!.........
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: