Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
Minnie Mouse 11
Earning My Ears

Weather in February?

Hello Everyone
Im currently planning a trip to WDW for the end of next month. The travel dates are February 26th - March 5th 2013 and Im just wondering what to expect weather wise. Will it be shorts and tshirts kinda weather? Last year we went in December and I definitely did not pack enough summer type clothes as I was expecting colder weather. Is it around the same temps in February or typically warmer or colder than December?
Thanks in advance!
Minnie Mouse 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
John Paul
42 Wallaby Way

evenings are cooler 50s or 60s light jackets

1st trip in 1974
1980 1984 Senior Trip (Missing River Country)1985 and 86 several times 1988Contemporary 1990Kissimmee 2000Kissimmee
2006 Pop Century 2008 Port Orleans French Quarter
2009 CBR 2011 CSR 2012 Poly and US and IOA 2013 to come!
John Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

depends on if you hit a warm front or a cool front.

the average is mid to upper 70's. but it can hit the upper 80's on any day, but can also dip down into the low 40's.

you really wont know untill about 3 days out for certain. they cant accuratly predict the weather in southern florida beyond 3 days because of the gulf, the atlantic and what ever comes south from the states and canada.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

I (mostly) agree with poster #3.

I've seen it go all over the place in Feb. Since you are going at the end of the month, and this has been a relatively mild winter, odds are fairly good that you'll get at least some warm weather. While rain is ALWAYS possible, Feb tends to be on the dry side.

I disagree slightly about weather reports. I've been there plenty of times when the weather report was very incorrect. (Even on a same-day basis!) But about three days out you'll get a vaguely helpful guide.

The best way to plan is to bring layers. For now, kind of plan for both possibilities, and make last minute adjustments. ALWAYS bring at least ONE pair of long pants (esp jeans) and some kind of jacket/sweater/sweatshirt/wet weather protection. (plastic ponchos?) It also depends how temp tolerant you are.

When I am going in Feb, I especially keep an eye out for clothes that do double duty- like a jacket that is both windbreaker and raincoat (L.L. Bean makes a great one that folds up into a pocket). Fleece is great!

I personally always try to avoid laundry, but bring a little powdered detergent. You can also buy detergent in the WDW laundry rooms. The last time I had to use one, the machines were operated by room key only.

Typically in Feb, we need a jacket in the am, wear shorts/spring/summer clothes during the day, and put on long pants/capris/jackets at night. Usually, there is at least one good swimming day. (take advantage of the first one you get!)

A few years ago, we wore winter coats every day!!!!! The first day of the Flower Festival, the butterflies were not moving at all! They were just staying put on the 'release' box. Until the sun hit them....and they all moved at once...then the cloud came back and they froze. We came back hours later and they had not moved off the box.

Last edited by mickeyluv'r; 01-31-2013 at 01:50 PM.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: