Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #1861
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
Hear, hear! Thanks so much Jodi - I appreciate your kind words!

Awesome work! I agree with joan4mickey - maybe try throwing in a minute or so of a jog every 5 minutes for a bit and see how that feels.
Agreed!!! If it weren't for the ladies providing support, I would be lost.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #1862
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

I love the rawthreads shirts! I bought the 'race you to the castle' one at last year's princess.

This year my princess is Ariel. Anyone know of a site that has a shirt for her? (I couldn't find one at rawthreads.)

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #1863
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily
I love the rawthreads shirts! I bought the 'race you to the castle' one at last year's princess.

This year my princess is Ariel. Anyone know of a site that has a shirt for her? (I couldn't find one at rawthreads.)
Raw threads had more coming! Might be an Ariel on the way!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #1864
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbye View Post
Finished my longest walk yet yesterday, almost twelve miles! I came in under time but unless I can do an eight minute mile to finish off I might be over. Should I increse my walking speed or throw in a few runs to my walk? I'm feeling fine today so both options are under consideration.
First, congrats on the 12 miles ! You say you came in under time, is that the 16 min per mile pace Disney gives ? If you are close to the 16 min time, I agree with the others on trying a 1 min run every few minutes to build up a cushion. Also try walking a little faster per mile but don't go too fast at first so you have energy left for the last few miles.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #1865
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Went to my first chiropractor appointment last night...really liked her and feeling good about treatment that she can provide. PrincessV...she did the same move on me that you sent the link to the video for, lol! Did a little heat/electrode therapy too that really felt nice. As far as the evaluation though, I can't decide what I'm feeling about it. Her words were "I will always tell you what I think is best for you and your body and you can then decide if you want to do what I suggest or if you want to do something else. I will always treat you regardless of what you choose. That being said, I don't think running is the best thing for you right now." I made it clear that I still had a race planned at the end of Feb and that I would continue with my running schedule 100% for that, non-negotiable, which she was fine with. But I know I probably need to stop for a good while after that...and that's where it's weird for me. I thought if someone told me that I'd be kinda happy about it...I kinda hate training, at least I thought I did. But now that someone's actually recommended stopping, I'm kinda pissed /sad WTH?

There was alot of info covered in my initial appointment last night and it was alot to take in at once and I've since come up with some questions and other things I'd like to ask her about and get clarification on, so my future in running will be one of them. But I may be in for a hiatus after PHM now. More reason to squeeze every ounce of fun out of it this time I guess.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #1866
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Raw threads had more coming! Might be an Ariel on the way!
That would be awesome! I'll keep checking back with them.

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #1867
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
That would be awesome! I'll keep checking back with them.
Ariel is my princess, too! I'd buy that in a heartbeat, their stuff is adorable!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #1868
TXAng
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
Beyond excited to be featured on the AnotherMotherRunner website today! Check it out if you have time - the whole thing is about running the Princess
http://anothermotherrunner.com/2013/...ese-mothers-5/
That's awesome!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #1869
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
Beyond excited to be featured on the AnotherMotherRunner website today! Check it out if you have time - the whole thing is about running the Princess
http://anothermotherrunner.com/2013/...ese-mothers-5/

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Loved finding your "Follow This Mother" feature in my Another Mother Runner email this morning! Great job!
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Old 01-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #1870
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Yay princess Jodi!!!!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #1871
Southerngirl71
Mouseketeer

If anyone is intereseted, they released more rooms at Coronado Springs. We were booked at All Star Sports and tried about a month ago to switch and was told Coronado Springs was booked. We called yesterday to see if anyone happened to cancel and was told that they were going to release more rooms today. They took our number and said they would call us today. I really did not expect a call but my friend that I am rooming with just received the call. It was $189 to change from All Star Sports to Coronado Springs for our three night stay.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #1872
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Went to my first chiropractor appointment last night...really liked her and feeling good about treatment that she can provide. PrincessV...she did the same move on me that you sent the link to the video for, lol!
I'm convinced that ALL chiros start off with that and go from there!

Quote:
...But now that someone's actually recommended stopping, I'm kinda pissed /sad WTH?

There was alot of info covered in my initial appointment last night and it was alot to take in at once and I've since come up with some questions and other things I'd like to ask her about and get clarification on, so my future in running will be one of them. But I may be in for a hiatus after PHM now. More reason to squeeze every ounce of fun out of it this time I guess.
I totally understand, really. I know that what I'm doing now with working out run/walk intervals, seeing my chiro weekly and PT exercises is really just a means of finishing this race. After it, I fully expect to need time off for the inflammation in my knee (because I think we all know I'll push as hard as I can in the race) to go down and then it'll be like starting from scratch; low mileage, learning anew how to do this sport without creating injuries. Or at least one particularly annoying injury. Maybe think of it that way - you may need some time off to fix what's not working right, but then you can restart in a way that feels better than ever. It sounds like you've got a good ally in your chiro to make that happen!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #1873
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Went to my first chiropractor appointment last night...really liked her and feeling good about treatment that she can provide. PrincessV...she did the same move on me that you sent the link to the video for, lol! Did a little heat/electrode therapy too that really felt nice. As far as the evaluation though, I can't decide what I'm feeling about it. Her words were "I will always tell you what I think is best for you and your body and you can then decide if you want to do what I suggest or if you want to do something else. I will always treat you regardless of what you choose. That being said, I don't think running is the best thing for you right now." I made it clear that I still had a race planned at the end of Feb and that I would continue with my running schedule 100% for that, non-negotiable, which she was fine with. But I know I probably need to stop for a good while after that...and that's where it's weird for me. I thought if someone told me that I'd be kinda happy about it...I kinda hate training, at least I thought I did. But now that someone's actually recommended stopping, I'm kinda pissed /sad WTH?

So glad you found someone you like! When I was dealing with my Plantars Faciitis before the 2011 race, i was getting ultrasound therapy and Iontopheresis which felt amazing! I will tell you that I stopped training teh month before the race because of my injury and I completed it fine. I then took an extended break to heal which I eventually did. Do you think you can scale back SOME on your running for now? Your body has done many halfs and maybe you need some time to heal right now...... and you can still do the race. When I was being treated, I was seeing a sports doc and a PT....both said I could try the race and I am glad I did it was so much fun. Anyway, hoping you feel better soon!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 01-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #1874
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Her words were "I will always tell you what I think is best for you and your body and you can then decide if you want to do what I suggest or if you want to do something else. I will always treat you regardless of what you choose. That being said, I don't think running is the best thing for you right now." I made it clear that I still had a race planned at the end of Feb and that I would continue with my running schedule 100% for that, non-negotiable, which she was fine with. But I know I probably need to stop for a good while after that...and that's where it's weird for me. I thought if someone told me that I'd be kinda happy about it...I kinda hate training, at least I thought I did. But now that someone's actually recommended stopping, I'm kinda pissed /sad WTH? .
Your talk with the chiro sounds like my talk with my doc. I've invested as you have FAR too much time, training and money to stop this close to the race. My issue is my lungs just not being happy with albuterol for the asthma but as I told Doc...the goal is to get me through the race then I PROMISE to take some time for the body to heal.

Maybe all us princesses with health issues who need to heal after the race should got to Disney's Aulani in Hawaii to rest up...just saying'
Old 01-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #1875
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Tables in Wonderland just announced 3 special events Princess weekend.... Thursday night at The Wave and Friday and Saturday nights at the Disney Design Warehouse. If you have (or are thinking about getting) a TiW card, these look like fun for those traveling with friends or a spouse. (not really geared towards kids).
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: