Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Blue32
DIS Veteran

Help me plan my parks for Memorial Day weekend/week

A little help from you WDW vets out there. My wife and I will be in WDW for a conference the week of Memorial Day. We will have two days plus one half day to visit the parks(Sun. 5/26, Mon. 5/27, and 1/2 day on Tues 5/28) . We have the option to purchase a 2 day ticket with a bonus trip to a waterpark.

We have been to DL but never WDW. Since we have no kids with us for this trip, the things we really want to do are all the headliners and main attractions in Epcot, do the headliners and main attractions in MK, and spend some time at one of the waterparks. With this in mind can you all help with sorting out our park days and basic strategy?

EasyWDW says that MK is a park to avoid that Sunday and Monday because of crowds. We are most likely staying onsite and can use the EMH's at MK on Sunday night but I am reading different reports on how the evening EMH's affect crowd levels.

These are the 2 scenarios I am thinking might work.

Sunday May 26th - MK at rope drop until noon-ish. Take a long rest until maybe 8pm and then go until 12 or 1 am.
Monday (Memorial Day) - All day at Epcot
Tuesday- Waterpark from 9am-2pm

Sunday May 26th- Waterpark
Monday (Memorial Day)- Epcot
Tues.- MK from 9am-2pm

My biggest concerns with these plans are the evening crowd levels on Sunday Evening, and the limited amount of time at MK on Tuesday. Any opinions would be GREAT!
Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

If I were you I'd go with option #1... although actually if I was at WDW with out kids I would be at MK from rope drop until it closed at 1am... Maybe take a break to have dinner, maybe... but that's just me!
Epcot is probably your best bet to go to on Memorial day.
I definitely would not plan to do MK on Tuesday. That doesn't seem like enough time and what if you get stuck somewhere and are unable to leave by 2. I would definitely stick with the waterpark that day!

We are actually planning to go to MK on Memorial Day. We are fully expecting it to be crowed, but that's our last day at WDW and we like to end it at the MK.

Have a great trip!

mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Blue32
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reply. Actually, MK is open until 2 am on Sunday with the EMH's. But we really want to be at Epcot for Rope Drop on Monday and I figured taking a rest on Sunday to stay out late and get up early on Mon.

Any tips for avoiding crowds when we come back to MK at night? We will probably have a car.
Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
Andrea817
Mouseketeer

Touringplans.com has MK listed as the "best park" to go to on Monday the 27th as far as crowds go if that means anything

We will be in Epcot on Sunday the 26th, and MK for Memorial Day!
Andrea817 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: