Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
MarineFam
Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

Maya Chan Beach

Who has been to this resort during the stop at Costa Maya? It sounds like it would be a great day but I just had some questions for people that have been.

After you pay the cost to go for the day, are there any other costs while you are there?
From what it says you will be met and put into a taxi at the port and then you get lunch there. Just curious what other things people had to pay for as we are going with my in-laws and also another family of 4 and want to give all the details before I say Hey, let's do this! Thanks for all of your input!!!

DVC Members AKV

August 1996 WDW Honeymoon (Shades of Green); November 2003 WDW; September 2005 WDW; May 2007 WDW; December 2007 DCL (Magic) Eastern; May 2009 WDW; April 2012 DCL (Magic) Eastern; April 2012 WDW; April 2013 WDW (Pop Century); April 2013 DCL (Fantasy)Western; April 2013 WDW (1st DVC trip! Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas); June 2013 WDW (AKL Kidani);April 2014 Pre-cruise (AKL Kidani) DCL (Magic) Bahamas; Post-cruise WDW Pop Century; June 2014 WDW wk-1(BWV) wk-2 (OKW); April 2015 DCL (Fantasy) Eastern
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
gilsan
DIS Veteran

We were there in October. It was a great day. All food and drink costs are included. There is a tip box out at the end of the day.

I found the email from them "For those that are booked as a*CRUISE CRITIC*Group.* We will be setting your parties up in our new Group venue all together.* It will have beach chairs and beach beds, palapas, pergolas, and umbrellas. We will do our best to accommodate everyone's needs.* We have lots of shade and my staff will help make everyone very comfortable.* However, we do have parties that have paid additional for private palapas. So when you arrive, please follow our staff member.* If we can move you to a more private area, it will be after all of our guests arrive. They have been already been assigned.* Your rate is based on traveling all together, but we understand that some may want to go shopping, so if you want to leave early, the taxi charge is $ 10.00 total.* We need at least 30 minutes notice and the taxi will be there a bit more or less in 30 minutes.* Please be patient, this is Mexico.
Please bring a ships towel and sunblock and money if you want a massage.* They are $ 25.00 half hour and $ 45.00 hour.*
Tips are appreciated and are pooled.* A tip box is in the restaurant.* Please refrain from handing out individual tips.***

When you are ready to journey back to the ship, just tell us 30 minutes in advance, and we will call the taxi for you and take care of the taxi fare. Remember, this is Mexico.* Patience is most important.
Have a great journey to your ships and have a great cruise.
Mark and the entire Maya Chan Beach Staff"

It was very accurate. They were great, our port day in Costa Maya was cancelled and then added again (we sailed the week following Sandy).

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
tink,too
DIS Veteran

We were there last April and loved it! They have a scavenger hunt and sandcastle competition for the kids. Beach was lovely, meal was delicious and the service we had was great.

DH & I just sat by the water's edge, chillin' out in our palapa, DD took part in the kids activities and enjoyed bobbing about in the floatie chairs provided.

No extra costs incurred (we didn't have massages) and although the tip box was left out, nobody was pushy or asking for a tip. We left one of course because the staff definately deserved it!

If we ever return to Costa Maya - we'll definately book again.
tink,too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #4
MarineFam
Remember, It all Started with a Mouse...

Sounding really good. I wish we had longer time there to enjoy. Seems like it is going to be a short stay. Hopefully it will work out that we can do that. Now just to find out what to do at Grand Cayman and Cozumel.....

DVC Members AKV

August 1996 WDW Honeymoon (Shades of Green); November 2003 WDW; September 2005 WDW; May 2007 WDW; December 2007 DCL (Magic) Eastern; May 2009 WDW; April 2012 DCL (Magic) Eastern; April 2012 WDW; April 2013 WDW (Pop Century); April 2013 DCL (Fantasy)Western; April 2013 WDW (1st DVC trip! Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas); June 2013 WDW (AKL Kidani);April 2014 Pre-cruise (AKL Kidani) DCL (Magic) Bahamas; Post-cruise WDW Pop Century; June 2014 WDW wk-1(BWV) wk-2 (OKW); April 2015 DCL (Fantasy) Eastern
MarineFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #5
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

What time is the ship in port? DCL states 1-5:30, but the Maya Chan website states that the fantasy is docking at 11:30 and leaving at 6.

Upcoming: 11/14 - BWV (W&D 1/2), 12/14 - AKV, 11/15 - Magic Bahamas Cruise

2014: July - BWV, Mar - BLT, Jan - VGC
2013: Dec - AS Sports/BWV , Nov - BWV(W&D 1/2), June - BWV/BCV, ), Mar - BLT/Fantasy Western Caribbean, Jan - BWV (Goofy)
2012: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), Aug - Offsite (Disneyland 1/2), June - BCV/WLV, Mar - AKV
2011: Dec - Pop/AS Movies, Nov - Pop, Oct - Dream Bahamas Cruise, BCV (W&D 1/2), July - Pop, June - Offsite, April - Pop
2010: Oct – Wilderness Lodge, AS Music (W&D 1/2), July – Caribbean Beach, April - Pop
2009: Dec – Offsite, Nov - Caribbean Beach, Oct - Coronado Springs, April - Pop
2007: July - Offsite
bigtony777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:40 AM   #6
SucalT
Mouseketeer

Maya Chan is one of my most favorite places to be!! The Steak Tacos are absolutely wonderful!!

My next cruise, April 7 (NCL Star out of New Orleans), was chosen primarily due to the fact that it stops in four ports (Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, and Costa Maya!!) as opposed to the normal three stops on the 7 day westerns.

I can't wait to visit with the group at Maya Chan again!!

SucalT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: