Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
gooftroop22
DIS Veteran

Water Parks - Mid Day

We are going to WDW first week of May and are planning to get the Water Park & More option on our ticket so we can go to the water parks and Disney Quest.

When we are at WDW we tend to go to the parks early morning then spend the afternoon by the pool and head back to the parks in the evening. We were thinking we might try and take a small backpack to the parks with us one morning and then heading to one of the water parks in the afternoon. How busy is it in the water parks mid day? Like after lunch?

Is is worth it to go in the afternoon or should we just spend a morning at the water parks and hit the parks for the rest of the day?

WDW 2005 - Offiste - FIRST TRIP!
WDW 2007 - CBR - FIRST ONSITE VISIT
WDW 2008 - CSR - Trip with my Sister
WDW 2009/2010 - CBR - Family Trip
WDW 2011/2012 - Disney Dream/OKW
WDW 2013 - SSR - Grad Trip
DCL 2013 - Disney Dream
gooftroop22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
drinkme
DIS Veteran

I'm curious to see the replies to this, too. We're planning on a WDW trip the first week of June and we wanted to try the waterparks for the first time. I wasn't sure if we could hit the w.p. in the afternoon, or do we have to get there at opening.
drinkme is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
sapdaddy2
Mouseketeer

We have been to both waterparks a number of times and found them to be an all day experience. We arrive when the park opens and stay until closing. Just going for a little while would not seem worth it to me.

FYI we went to BB in 2007 on Mother's day and we just about owned the place. Longest wait we about 10 minutes. Got there during EMH and for the first half hour we and the guard were the only ones in the wave pool.
sapdaddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapdaddy2 View Post
We have been to both waterparks a number of times and found them to be an all day experience. We arrive when the park opens and stay until closing. Just going for a little while would not seem worth it to me.
That's interesting because for me 4 hours (1/2 day) is plenty.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooftroop22 View Post
We are going to WDW first week of May and are planning to get the Water Park & More option on our ticket so we can go to the water parks and Disney Quest.

When we are at WDW we tend to go to the parks early morning then spend the afternoon by the pool and head back to the parks in the evening. We were thinking we might try and take a small backpack to the parks with us one morning and then heading to one of the water parks in the afternoon. How busy is it in the water parks mid day? Like after lunch?

Is is worth it to go in the afternoon or should we just spend a morning at the water parks and hit the parks for the rest of the day?
From our experiences the last couple of years in May, the water parks are less busy in the mornings and tend to get busier early afternoon (the hottest part of the day). It will be hot in May so I would expect a lot of guests have similar ideas about hitting the water parks in the afternoons after morning RD at the parks. If your plans involve riding as many slides and rides as possible while there, I would suggest going when the WP opens and then plan to head out around lunch time or when it gets really busy. You can have a nice lunch somewhere, relax and then head to the parks late afternoon when the crowds start to head out. This would also mean touring the parks away from the mid day scorch. If you plan to relax and use mostly the wave pool and lazy river type activities, you should be OK any time.

It definitely gets crowded in the afternoons. Have a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: