Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #106
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikilyn View Post
The little boxes open and I can see the numbers but they won't input. A box pops up saying it's a read only file. ughhhhhh!
Hmmm... that is a new one. Sorry, I'm fresh out of ideas.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #107
lililoo12
Mouseketeer

awesome thanks!
lililoo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #108
tikilyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
Hmmm... that is a new one. Sorry, I'm fresh out of ideas.
I got it to work! Had to redownload it. LOL But thanks for trying to help me.
tikilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #109
swissgirl66
Mouseketeer

wow, awesome, and happy that the Deluxe Dining Plan I purchased with my booking works out just fine and is the right thing for us. We have dinner planned at Steakhouse at Yachtclub and Artist Point, and a few table dinners and we use all our meals. Great. Thanks so much and regards from the other side of the ocean.

: DW 47, DH 46, DD 9
swissgirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #110
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissgirl66
wow, awesome, and happy that the Deluxe Dining Plan I purchased with my booking works out just fine and is the right thing for us. We have dinner planned at Steakhouse at Yachtclub and Artist Point, and a few table dinners and we use all our meals. Great. Thanks so much and regards from the other side of the ocean.
You're welcome! I can't imagine planning from across the pond! Do you come for 2 weeks?
SPHB ILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #111
swissgirl66
Mouseketeer

Now with all the easy access to web etc, it is not such a big thing, really. We spend 30 days in the US, we start with 4 days in NYC, then 3 days at WDW, 5 days on a Disney Cruise, 5 days on Amalia Island, 2 days Charleston, 5 days on the Outerbanks, 2 days in Williamsburg, 5 days in Washington and then a few days in Lancaster County, and I am almost done with the planning. But I am the spreadsheet girl too, so without that, I had long ago lost the overview with all the various bookings.

Gruessli und heb sorg (means greetings and take care - in german)

Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #112
loveswdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissgirl66
Now with all the easy access to web etc, it is not such a big thing, really. We spend 30 days in the US, we start with 4 days in NYC, then 3 days at WDW, 5 days on a Disney Cruise, 5 days on Amalia Island, 2 days Charleston, 5 days on the Outerbanks, 2 days in Williamsburg, 5 days in Washington and then a few days in Lancaster County, and I am almost done with the planning. But I am the spreadsheet girl too, so without that, I had long ago lost the overview with all the various bookings.

Gruessli und heb sorg (means greetings and take care - in german)
WOW!! I live in the US and haven't been to all these places. Much less in a 30 day time frame. What an awesome month you will have!

OUR TRIPS March '14-RPR/AKVK Oct '11-BCV Oct '10-HHI June '10 (Star Wars Weekends)-Swan/BWV Feb/March '09-OKW (Spring Training) Oct '08-SSR/POR (Alex's 1st trip) Oct '07-OKW (Our 1st MNSSHP) Dec '06-BCV (Our 1st MVMCP) Oct '05-BCV March '05-OKW/AKL (Spring Training/Jonathan's first trip!) Oct '03-BCV (first trip HOME!) Sept '02-POFQ (first trip for my mom!) Sept '01-Hard Rock Hotel (had to stay there!!) Sept '00-CSR (Millennium celebration) Sept '99-POFQ (honeymoon!) Jan '98 ASMu (first trip--the WDW addiction begins!)
loveswdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #113
teesott
Earning My Ears

I do this manually all the time, over and over, to see if I cam missing anything. I am downloading this right now to check it out! Thanks do much for posting!
teesott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #114
swissgirl66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveswdw View Post
WOW!! I live in the US and haven't been to all these places. Much less in a 30 day time frame. What an awesome month you will have!
see, you live in this wonderful country, we come over every 2nd year for a few weeks and then we want to explore and enjoy to the max. This is always our most valuable and most wonderful time as a family, and the memories we have and the people we met, is something nobody can take away from us. Heaven on earth... really. and all this mixed with a bit of pixiedust in WDW and on a cruise, what more can we expect from a wonderful life.

And by the way, we have that awesome mountain, the matterhorn, here in Switzerland, believe me, I never saw it in real life so far, same story, see....

Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #115
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissgirl66 View Post
see, you live in this wonderful country, we come over every 2nd year for a few weeks and then we want to explore and enjoy to the max. This is always our most valuable and most wonderful time as a family, and the memories we have and the people we met, is something nobody can take away from us. Heaven on earth... really. and all this mixed with a bit of pixiedust in WDW and on a cruise, what more can we expect from a wonderful life.

And by the way, we have that awesome mountain, the matterhorn, here in Switzerland, believe me, I never saw it in real life so far, same story, see....
We always seem to take for granted the things closest to us. Enjoy your trip. It does sound really wonderful
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 AM   #116
dec2009mama
Mouseketeer

the spredsheet is a good tool but it is not accurate for pricing.....i have the prices for the character meals booked during our Spring Break trip from the disney dining line and they are higher than what is shown on the speadsheet.

dec2009mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:21 AM   #117
SPHB ILU
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec2009mama
the spredsheet is a good tool but it is not accurate for pricing.....i have the prices for the character meals booked during our Spring Break trip from the disney dining line and they are higher than what is shown on the speadsheet.
It was accurate for my Fall 2012 trip. Was your trip during "peak season"? There doesn't seem to be an option for that so that could be it.
SPHB ILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #118
dec2009mama
Mouseketeer

Yes, my trip is during peak season so knowing it doesn't account for the higher prices characeter meals I set the meal costs to high instead of average.
Paying OOP is still the best way for us!!!

dec2009mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #119
NotThatKevinSmith
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette
I thinks it's a great tool but the video tutorial was like nails on a chalkboard to listen to. I had physics professors who were more interesting!.
Sorry we bored you. We tried to make spreadsheets as exciting as possible while also making it so that people who aren't familiar with Excel would still be able to follow along and not get confused.
NotThatKevinSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #120
NotThatKevinSmith
Earning My Ears

This is my spreadsheet. Glad it worked for most of you. I was told over on Lines that this was posted here.

To answer a few questions:

You need Microsoft Excel. Whether it be for a PC or a Mac. I've used it successfully on both. OpenOffice and GoogleDocs don't correctly read all of the complex formulas.

It doesn't include Refillable Mugs. If you are still going to buy those, add the cost of however many mugs you plan to buy to your OOP and TiW costs to get apples to apples.

There is no option for peak season. If you go during what Disney considers "peak season" your costs will probably be 7-10% higher. Disney charges more that time of year. Way too much work to add that to the spreadsheet and would make it way more confusing.

I have heard from a lot of people that if you are trying to download or signup with Internet Explorer an it doesn't work, that Google Chrome or Safari or Firefox all work fine. Try one of those browsers.

Anything else, just ask and I will try to check this.
NotThatKevinSmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: