Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #31
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

Go for it, whichever night you choose. It's a great show to see, and you've got park hoppers, so you might as well get more use out of them.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #32
PrincessMe
Mouseketeer

No, but neither DH nor I liked Fantasmic.

My biggest worry in your circumstance is how much time you will lose at MK for a 20 minute show - leaving MK, driving or bussing to HS, going through bag check, walking to the Fantasmic area, waiting for it to open, waiting for the show to start, etc. Even if I liked Fantasmic, I might not see it on that trip. Better to wait until next time when you might already be at HS in the evening.

Videos of the whole show are available on you tube if you want to get an idea on whether or not your family will like it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #33
disneychic
DIS Veteran

No!
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #34
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

thanks guys! I totally agree that it seems to make sense to skip DTD, but my daughter's highlight of our past trips is getting her BBB make-over And she ALWAYS begs us to eat at rainforrest cafe. But we are already planning to use the bounc back offer so next trip I'm going to do five full days instead of four so we can do full days at each park and two at MK.

We've been to HS twice and both times we left mid day... DD likes it, but doesn't seem to be as mesmorized as she is at the other parks
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #35
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

we have been twice and never seen Fantasmic -- I have it scheduled in for our upcoming trip though!

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
tammilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #36
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN View Post
thanks guys! I totally agree that it seems to make sense to skip DTD, but my daughter's highlight of our past trips is getting her BBB make-over And she ALWAYS begs us to eat at rainforrest cafe. But we are already planning to use the bounc back offer so next trip I'm going to do five full days instead of four so we can do full days at each park and two at MK.

We've been to HS twice and both times we left mid day... DD likes it, but doesn't seem to be as mesmorized as she is at the other parks
You could always eat at the Rainforest at AK on your day there... there's an entrance inside the park so that you don't have to fully exit the park. You can have lunch & go right back into the park.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #37
kristainohio
Mouseketeer

Just a thought... If your daughter was afraid of Ursula then she may be afraid of F! We like it but every time we go without our kids we say how frightened they would be (They are four & two). It is extremely loud And they show every Disney villain. When we saw it in December There were three little girls sitting behind us and they held their ears and cried through the entire show. I felt bad for them. Every kid is different though...just wanted to throw that out there
kristainohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #38
Timandalicia
Mouseketeer

Umm. I don't think it's as easy of an answer as everyone is saying. There are a lot of factors to consider. Even though everyone is saying yes. I think you need to give it a lot of thought. It's an incredible show but you will be spending time switching parks. And a day and a half at Magic Kingdom is a short amount of time. Just saying you know.
Timandalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #39
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN View Post
We have never seen Fantasmic, but we're only planning a morning half day trip to DHS..

we do have park hoppers so I was thinking of leaving early on one of our two MK days just to go over and see Fantasmic... is it worth the trouble?

Mon - MK full day
Tues - Epcot full day
Wed - 2/3 day at AK, evening at DTD
Thur - full day MK
Fri - morning at DHS before departing

I know if we do choose to leave for Fantasmic, Thur would logistically be better (smaller crowds at HS since Monday is evening EMH at HS)... but we love ending our trip with Wishes, so really we're thinking of Monday night...

thoughts??
We really, really love Fantasmic, so yes, we would leave MK early to see it! It's a wonderful, fantastic show.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 AM   #40
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio View Post
Just a thought... If your daughter was afraid of Ursula then she may be afraid of F! We like it but every time we go without our kids we say how frightened they would be (They are four & two). It is extremely loud And they show every Disney villain. When we saw it in December There were three little girls sitting behind us and they held their ears and cried through the entire show. I felt bad for them. Every kid is different though...just wanted to throw that out there
This

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 AM   #41
momto3boysillbe
Mouseketeer

I would skip DTD and see it for sure. I honestly don't see how there are people that don't like it or its their least favorite. Its an awesome show! Aside from my kids being scared of it(which they're not), there's no way I would miss it.
momto3boysillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #42
jujie77
Earning My Ears

Ok silly question but what is Fantasmic? Is it the end of the night fireworks show at Hollywood Studios?
jujie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #43
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Our family loves to watch Fantasmic, however, we personally would not leave MK just to go see it. Not that it can't be done, but because we are not PH people therefore, we like to stay in one park each day. Also, the distance between MK and DHS is much farther out. If you were really wanting to do your plan, then I agree with the PP that suggested seeing it on your Epcot day because that park is much closer (you could even walk there if you were up to it), but then on the other hand, if you are wanting to see Illuminations (I like this show much better), then that could be a problem. Good luck deciding.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:12 AM   #44
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujie77 View Post
Ok silly question but what is Fantasmic? Is it the end of the night fireworks show at Hollywood Studios?
Not a silly question at all ...Fantasmic is the show at the end of night for DHS, but only on selected nights (depending on the time of year).

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: