Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #1846
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
Beyond excited to be featured on the AnotherMotherRunner website today! Check it out if you have time - the whole thing is about running the Princess
http://anothermotherrunner.com/2013/...ese-mothers-5/

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Pure awesomeness, Jodi!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM   #1847
yulilin3
Disney Freak

question for repeat Princesses: where exactly do you enter Epcot when you're running? is it by the resorts bus stops? I'm asking because my DH and DD are going to cheer me on and they will go to MK to cheer on Main Street and they want to find another spot before the 13.1 mile point. If they stand by the Bus Stops at Epcot will the see me?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 09:19 AM   #1848
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
question for repeat Princesses: where exactly do you enter Epcot when you're running? is it by the resorts bus stops? I'm asking because my DH and DD are going to cheer me on and they will go to MK to cheer on Main Street and they want to find another spot before the 13.1 mile point. If they stand by the Bus Stops at Epcot will the see me?
If I remember correctly, and I should because I have run this race four times, but I don't. Perhaps just brain dead at that point in the race. We come in from an overpass and through the parking lot on the far side of the monorail....where the resort buses come in. When they get off the monorail, they will want to stay to the right (facing park), we will finish to the left of the monorail as in when you come off it and are facing the park. There will be plenty of people and they can't miss all the people cheering. We actually enter the park through a side entrance, again if you are facing the park, this would be right of the turnstiles. I am going to post this confusing explanation.
Hopefully some one can do a better job.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #1849
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Some of y'all saw this on facebook already, but I think I've got my costume complete now.

LOVE THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
You guys are cracking me up with the nightmares! @Tabetha, thanks for the mascara tip. I remember you from last year--love your blog!

(ETA: drat, looks like it's only available in Canada. I suppose that happens to Canadians all the time so I shouldn't complain. )
MAN, I was bummed I couldn't get that mascara here in the US, but true about Canadian princesses often having this issue with other stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
it's probably jasmine because mary poppins is going off broadway and aladdin will replace it. disney is probably trying to get people pumped for aladdin :0
I LOVE Aladdin! Jasmine is nice and incentive to do some crunches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
got some fun news today from my ortho about some knee pain i've been having. At best it got twisted during my surgery 3 weeks ago and i just need some cortisone, pain killers and some PT.... at worst I tore my meniscus and need surgery... but I started panicking, trying not to cry, explaining how i've trained 2 YEARS for this race... and i NEED TO DO IT, so he's putting a rush on all the tests haha i could've hugged the guy.
Prayers, good thoughts, fingers crossed for good news! Yay to rush on the tests!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #1850
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Here is link for spectators
http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...spectator-tool

Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #1851
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

One more thing on spectators..
The start is not a great place to see loved ones. I love seeing the people, but it is dark and I don't know who they are and runners are on the far side of the divided highway. If you want to watch from here, I would suggest getting a big bouquet of balloons or something neon/glow in the dark and know when your runner is coming.
The TTC is a great place and the MK. Easy to get to as well.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 AM   #1852
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Pure awesomeness, Jodi!
Thank you Princess V!

I LOVE your latest blog post...I am a single mom too and running has totally saved me and turned everything around. I am so much stronger now. Parts of your post were like reading my own life. It was beautifully written - and brave. You are awesome! Who needs Prince Charming anyway? We can write our own happily ever after.

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #1853
AmyAnne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
If I remember correctly, and I should because I have run this race four times, but I don't. Perhaps just brain dead at that point in the race. We come in from an overpass and through the parking lot on the far side of the monorail....where the resort buses come in. When they get off the monorail, they will want to stay to the right (facing park), we will finish to the left of the monorail as in when you come off it and are facing the park. There will be plenty of people and they can't miss all the people cheering. We actually enter the park through a side entrance, again if you are facing the park, this would be right of the turnstiles. I am going to post this confusing explanation.

Can someone explain how the spectators get to anywhere besides the start and finish? Do the spectators walk along the same route that the runners use between Epcot and MK, or is there a different way for spectators to go?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #1854
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyAnne View Post
Can someone explain how the spectators get to anywhere besides the start and finish? Do the spectators walk along the same route that the runners use between Epcot and MK, or is there a different way for spectators to go?
They use the monorail

Old 01-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #1855
AmyAnne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They use the monorail
Ah that makes sense - thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #1856
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Thanks, we're going to park at Epcot and they'll go straight to the monorail to go to MK so this is perfect. When they come back they can watch me from where the busses drop off at Epcot and then at the finish line

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyAnne View Post
They take the monorail from Epcot to the TTC to MK to watch from inside MK, you don't need a ticket to bee a spectator since it's before the park opens, then they hop on the monorail again to get back to Epcot.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #1857
tinkerbye
Mouseketeer

Finished my longest walk yet yesterday, almost twelve miles! I came in under time but unless I can do an eight minute mile to finish off I might be over. Should I increse my walking speed or throw in a few runs to my walk? I'm feeling fine today so both options are under consideration.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #1858
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
The shirt even glows in the dark.

It's from Raw Threads. There are lots of great options. http://rawthreads.org/
Oh my those are great. Might even be worth running more races just to wear them.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:49 AM   #1859
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbye View Post
Finished my longest walk yet yesterday, almost twelve miles! I came in under time but unless I can do an eight minute mile to finish off I might be over. Should I increse my walking speed or throw in a few runs to my walk? I'm feeling fine today so both options are under consideration.
Not sure what corral you will be in, but if you are in the last one, try to get to the front as the time starts once last person crosses start line. There isn't much to see in the first three mile so you could try some one minute runs every 5 minutes or so. You will pass the pirate ship and princes' but you can see then on the way back around mile 9ish. Once you hit Epcot you will be fine to finish...I understand they don't sweep once in the park. Some one correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #1860
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
Who needs Prince Charming anyway? We can write our own happily ever after.
Hear, hear! Thanks so much Jodi - I appreciate your kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbye View Post
Awesome work! I agree with joan4mickey - maybe try throwing in a minute or so of a jog every 5 minutes for a bit and see how that feels.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: